End "activation" for Ubiquiti Bullet 2HP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 23:55    Post subject: End "activation" for Ubiquiti Bullet 2HP? Reply with quote
The Ubiquiti Bullet 2HP currently requires "activation." However, the manufacturer has discontinued it and is no longer issuing new firmware for it. It is thus no longer a product being deployed commercially, by ISPs who would pay to license software for it, but rather an orphan - just like an older Linksys router. DD-WRT developers: would you consider removing this model from your list of products requiring an activation fee, so that users who obtain these radios secondhand can get a current, stable, secure OS for them?
Sponsor
slimey
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 20:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
your best is probably going to me openwrt https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/ubiquiti/bullet
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 18:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
You better post this in the Ubiquity Devices forum.
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=31

None of us Atheros owners have ever activated anything.
Brett Glass
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 13:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
That OpenWRT page refers to the Bullet M2, which is also a "legacy" Ubiquiti product. But the Bullet 2HP is even older and totally orphaned. It is Atheros-based, which is why I posted here, but I will also try the forum you suggested.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: