Wireless SSID Broadcast and Apple Devices

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
braco552
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:45    Post subject: Wireless SSID Broadcast and Apple Devices Reply with quote
Hey Everyone,

Upgraded my WRT1900ACS V2 from build 36247 to 37305. I prefer to have my wireless SSID broadcast set to disable even though I know it is not a foolproof security measure. Now my Apple devices will not connect to the hidden network. Windows devices are all ok. I have an iPad and MacBook Pro and neither will not connect unless I enable broadcast. So I had to revert back to build 36247 and all devices connect to my hidden network. Any ideas?
Sponsor
Rickers
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 0:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ever get a resolution to this?

I went from 31772 to 43652 and just noticed this. iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, iMac, Macbook Pro will not connect any longer for me unless I make the network visible.

Roku, Android tablet, Windows laptops all continue to work.

-Rick
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
Report in the associated build thread. This random nonsense doesn't do any good or garner any input.
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Rickers
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
WTF? Ask someone who reported a problem if it's been resolved serves no purpose? Okay, if you say so.
kernel-panic69
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a double-post. It was also reported in the 37305 build thread, where it should have been. It wasn't answered there, so it was double-posted. This borders on rules and guidelines. If nobody responded, and nobody forwarded it to the developer, then of course there was no response, no looking at it. I guess I can see if there was ever a ticket on it, but it's been reported twice and obviously not given attention. Couple that with all of the development and driver changes and such since then affecting wireless, it could be a simple configuration issue, or not. Copping an attitude over a simple request won't get you any attention or help. Maybe you should familiarize yourself with the rules and guidelines that have existed longer than I've been here...
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (PolitePol)
DD-WRT Releases 2023 (RSS Everything)

----------------------
Linux User #377467 counter.li.org / linuxcounter.net
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: