TP-Link Archer C9 Thread

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
SocalEmmet
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2018 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just for other C9 v1 users, I only installed it yesterday (after a couple of other failures with 35244 and 35531) but 35681 is working like a dream for me.

I don't use NAS or VPN or other more complex options. But it's working really well as a simple router, wifi is solid.

Just thought I'd pass on my experiences.

I was hoping to install privoxy after reading a guide to setting up DD-WRT, only to find it isn't possible on this device Sad
Sponsor
jubis
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2018 23:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
gspbeetle wrote:
I am using Archer C9 V4 with 3.0-r35452, which was the version just after the dread jffs fix was added (WPS Light/WPS Led issue).

I tried r36XXX, but it isnt quite working atm (internet disconnects & web GUI go unresponsive after ~20mins; ipv6 not working; virtual interface isolation even option set to "disable" etc)...

Would you please to describe the flash process? Is the factory-to-ddwrt.bin working wiht C9 v4(US)?

Tks in advance!!!
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 0:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have archer c9 v2 and facing lot of problems with new version my router 192.168.1.1 stot responding but i still have network or internet. if a reboot stays ok for couple minutes nad then broke again. Any idea?
player18
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 18:48    Post subject: No Internet after upgrading DDWRT version Reply with quote
Hello,

I have an Archer C9 v1, and have been on DD-WRT for quite a while now. I am on r33772 and wanted to update to a newer release: the router is working great right now, I just like to be up-to-date Smile

I have tried a few of the recent releases (r36247, r36410, r36698, r37012, r37139) and while the upgrade process completes fine, I am left with no Internet connectivity on either the wired or wireless network every time.

I have tried both keeping the old settings and resetting the modem when I upgrade. The DHCP and DNS settings are correct and are not conflicting with the modem's settings. If I revert to r33772 everything works just fine right away.

Anyone else experiencing the same kind of issues? Any idea of what it could be?

Just for the record, r33772 is the latest firmware I found I could use to go from stock TP-Link firmware to DD-WRT, all the others would brick it during the stock-to-ddwrt process, not sure this could be related...

EDIT: after A LOT of trial and error, it seems like I can only upgrade up to r34777. Anything after this release causes the computer to lose Internet connectivity on either wired or wireless connection.
The Speedtest.net won't connect to the test server, and I won't be able to browse (although I seemed to be able to browse ftp.dd-wrt.com). Even weirder, I can ping my main dns (1.1.1.1) from both the router shell AND a Windows prompt. But I still cannot open websites or browse normally...
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
marine88 wrote:
I have archer c9 v2 and facing lot of problems with new version my router 192.168.1.1 stot responding but i still have network or internet. if a reboot stays ok for couple minutes nad then broke again. Any idea?

Any idea? my router is briked guys can anyone help me?
player18
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 22:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
marine88 wrote:
marine88 wrote:

This video tutorial explains really well how to use the recovery mode of the Archer C9 to unbrick it.
marine88
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
player18 wrote:
marine88 wrote:
marine88 wrote:

This video tutorial explains really well how to use the recovery mode of the Archer C9 to unbrick it.

i did try everything but mine is version 2 and I cant have anythin in my ttl Sad but I have web interface working on router.
player18
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:12    Post subject: Re: No Internet after upgrading DDWRT version Reply with quote
player18 wrote:
Hello,

I have an Archer C9 v1, and have been on DD-WRT for quite a while now. I am on r33772 and wanted to update to a newer release: the router is working great right now, I just like to be up-to-date Smile

I have tried a few of the recent releases (r36247, r36410, r36698, r37012, r37139) and while the upgrade process completes fine, I am left with no Internet connectivity on either the wired or wireless network every time.

I have tried both keeping the old settings and resetting the modem when I upgrade. The DHCP and DNS settings are correct and are not conflicting with the modem's settings. If I revert to r33772 everything works just fine right away.

Just for the record, r33772 is the latest firmware I found I could use to go from stock TP-Link firmware to DD-WRT, all the others would brick it during the stock-to-ddwrt process, not sure this could be related...

EDIT: after A LOT of trial and error, it seems like I can only upgrade up to r34777. Anything after this release causes the computer to lose Internet connectivity on either wired or wireless connection.
The Speedtest.net won't connect to the test server, and I won't be able to browse (although I seemed to be able to browse ftp.dd-wrt.com). Even weirder, I can ping my main dns (1.1.1.1) from both the router shell AND a Windows prompt. But I still cannot open websites or browse normally...

Nobody has ever had similar issues?
player18
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
marine88 wrote:
player18 wrote:
marine88 wrote:
marine88 wrote:

i did try everything but mine is version 2 and I cant have anythin in my ttl Sad but I have web interface working on router.

I am pretty sure the recovery function works in any revision of the SOC. However, if your web interface is working can't you simply update the firmware from there?
louierh70
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2018 22:33    Post subject: Re: No Internet after upgrading DDWRT version Reply with quote
player18 wrote:
Hello,

I am on r35531 for 5 months now and everything is running smoothly.
player18
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:54    Post subject: Re: No Internet after upgrading DDWRT version Reply with quote
louierh70 wrote:

I will try that as soon as I have some time again. Any issues upgrading from a previous version? It is really odd that everything seems to work, except for the Internet connection...
finalman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I've got a C9 v1 with stock firmware that was working fine till being unplugged from mains power. Now it shows all LEDs illuminated for about 55 seconds and then all LEDs off for about 1:30 then all on again. No wireless signal. I get a connection with an Ethernet cable but no IP address is given out. Already tried the holding reset button but no change.

Tried C9 TFTPD recovery mode (hold reset for 5 seconds after power on)with Ethernet lead and IP address 192.168.1.66 and 192.168.0.66 but get no output from the C9.

Tried recovery mode USB 232 TTL TFTP didn't work no output in putty. Leaving the GND wire off for afew seconds which results in scrolling lines of gibberish symbols until I connect the GND wire then the text output stops

Tried flashing someone else's C9 v1 factory flash dump over the FL128SA1F00 flash chip but didn't work. Is there some kind of hash that links the hardware to the firmware that would cause a donor flash not to work?

Only thing I can think of is it's either faulty hardware or corrupt bootloader. Assuming it's the bootloader how would one go about repairing it?

Has anyone else ever experienced my C9s symptoms and were you able to recover, if so what was you solution?

Hopefully it's not a perma brick.
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 19:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
finalman wrote:

Tried recovery mode USB 232 TTL TFTP didn't work no output in putty. Leaving the GND wire off for afew seconds which results in scrolling lines of gibberish symbols until I connect the GND wire then the text output stops

Only thing I can think of is it's either faulty hardware or corrupt bootloader. Assuming it's the bootloader how would one go about repairing it?

Has anyone else ever experienced my C9s symptoms and were you able to recover, if so what was you solution?

Hopefully it's not a perma brick.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAAZM4EV6188&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleMKP-PC-_-pla-_-EC+-+Test+%26+Measurement-_-9SIAAZM4EV6188&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIrvSN3tmL3gIVS1uGCh2h8Q0CEAQYAyABEgIGJfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Search cp2102 module, you may used wrong interface or wrong install before. if cfe still ok then blue led all on and off. it not then router is bricked. you need a extend programer like ez 2010 or ch341 or tl866
https://www.amazon.com/Gikfun-Programmer-CH341A-Burner-EEPROM/dp/B01I1EU9LG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1539718947&sr=8-1&keywords=bios+programmer+kit.
https://www.amazon.com/Programmer-Programmable-Circuits-Adapters-Extractor/dp/B07CDD9PGT/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1539719127&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=bios+programmer+kit&psc=1.

however chip one programmer need a software that fly around internet.For ch341 you need mod as guide line.
https://www.win-raid.com/t796f16-Guide-Using-CH-A-based-programmer-to-flash-SPI-EEPROM-5.html
and here
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/repair/ch341a-serial-memory-programmer-power-supply-fix/
Some router need real ttl 3.3v interface not 5v or high current flow.
oztomcat
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04    Post subject: Acces restricions not working Reply with quote
Hi all, I have archer c9 v3 build 33772, and when I creating policy in access restricions tab its not working...
on clients list I put my phone mac address and IP, status "enable" and "deny" on. I have checked everyday and 24h just for test. clicked save and apply and nothing... my phone still got wifi and interner..
Any idea?

test_access.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  61.03 KB
 Viewed:  4107 Time(s)

test_access.png

Last edited by oztomcat on Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:07; edited 1 time in total
MolaMola
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:06    Post subject: Re: No Internet after upgrading DDWRT version Reply with quote
louierh70 wrote:

A new V1 (US) model has been running on r35531 here for a week now. First I flashed it from stock to ddwrt using r29409 (using web interface), followed by a 30/30/30 reset. Then I flashed r35531 (using web interface again), did a 30/30/30 reset again. All without errors.

WAN is configured using PPPoE. Rasperry Pi 3 over LAN works flawlessly, same with a laptop over wifi (AC). However my Android phone (Moto Z Play) experiences unstable wifi signal and often looses internet access even when wifi is strong. Wifi on the router is set to N/AC mixed. I've disabled beamforming (implicit and explicit) as it didn't have a noticeable effect and I wanted to rule it out as a point of failure. Of course I tried many different wifi bands to get the best signal. I've disabled the 2.4 GHz radio because I prefer to use 5 GHz only.

It's ok for now because I have unlimited 4G data on my phone. I'm confident a better build will show up one day. Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 62, 63, 64 ... 70, 71, 72  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 63 of 72
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: