5 ghz wifi disappering?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hapse
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:23    Post subject: 5 ghz wifi disappering? Reply with quote
Hey guys

So, I've been using ddwrt on my Asus RT-AC56U for quite a while and recently my 5ghz have been starting to suddenly die. It seems very random, I of course mostly notice it when I am streaming some video but I have also experienced that I pick up my phone and it's using 4G instead of the wifi because the 5ghz is gone.

The strange thing is 5ghz used to be stable. Then I moved to another country for half a year (I brought my router but I did save the config so I just went back to the old config when I got home again) and once I got back, the 5ghz started acting up... So it might be a hardware issue?

Current firmware is: DD-WRT v3.0-r36070M kongac (05/31/1Cool

So I have been researching a bit and here's what I have found out:
- 2,4 ghz is stable.
- 5ghz is stable when using stock firmware but only about 1/3 of the speed... (about 15 mb/s with dd-wrt vs 5-6 mb/s on stock).
- I have tried with the standard version and Kong version, same problem.
- Tried connecting with 4 different devices, same problem on all of them.
- There is only 4 other 5ghz networks in the area and they are all on different channels.

I'd say the most obvious fault is hardware failure because it used to work, it is however stable with stock but maybe the hardware failure won't appear on lower speeds?

Any tips would be nice, I am ready to try anything (also overclock) because if I can't find a solution to this problem I will go buy another router.

Thanks!
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: