ddwrt 1900ac can't upgarde stuck at 1 %

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
edmundhei
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 13:53    Post subject: ddwrt 1900ac can't upgarde stuck at 1 % Reply with quote
My wrt1900ac's firmware is version DD-WRT v3.0-r33413 std (09/27/17). I try to update to the latest version but when i press upgrade the upload will stuck at 1% then fail.

Please help.

[/img]
Sponsor
u251
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 23:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm gonna follow this thread with you. I feel so stupid.I also have a WRT1900ACv2 with stock Linksys Smart Wifi and latest up to date linksys firmware installed and running. I have tried to install the recommended DD-wrt thru GUI at least 5 times. Everything goes along as expected and installation shows as completed but I never get anything but Linksys Smart WiFi when in point to 192.168.1.1 no matter how many reboots cache clears and resets I do. Nothing works....I just don't get it. All attempted installs so success. What am I missing????
surfguy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2018 23:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Quote:
I have tried to install the recommended DD-wrt thru GUI at least 5 times. Everything goes along as expected and installation shows as completed but I never get anything but Linksys Smart WiFi when in point to 192.168.1.1 no matter how many reboots cache clears and resets I do. Nothing works....I just don't get it. All attempted installs so success. What am I missing????

I had that problem on my 1200 recently and had to go all the way back to a build from April 2018 (can't remember which build exactly) to be able to flash from stock, have no idea if that will work on a 1900, but if it does you can upgrade to the latest build from there.
pmckay
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 14:10    Post subject: Re: ddwrt 1900ac can't upgarde stuck at 1 % Reply with quote
edmundhei wrote:
My wrt1900ac's firmware is version DD-WRT v3.0-r33413 std (09/27/17). I try to update to the latest version but when i press upgrade the upload will stuck at 1% then fail.

Please help.

[/img]

Hi Edmundhei,

I had the same problem, I kept trying to upload the file and it kept getting stuck at 1%. Eventually I resolved it by re-downloading the firmware file. I think I used the ftp site the first time, downloaded via the http site the 2nd time and it worked just fine.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2018 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I had this problem with the browser chrome tries another browser to flash .
kernt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 14:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same problem on my ASUS ac56u running v3.0 35452 firmware 3/20/18. Cannot upgrade. Never had an issue before. The upgrade process begins with uploading the .trx file to the router but stalls at 1% and never completes. A router restart gets me right back to 35452. I'll try downloading older firmware and see if that works.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2018 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernt wrote:
I'm having the same problem on my ASUS ac56u running v3.0 35452 firmware 3/20/18. Cannot upgrade. Never had an issue before. The upgrade process begins with uploading the .trx file to the router but stalls at 1% and never completes. A router restart gets me right back to 35452. I'll try downloading older firmware and see if that works.

Wrong forum. Yours is a Broadcom unit. Also try a different browser.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2018 12:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
u251 wrote:
I'm gonna follow this thread with you. I feel so stupid.I also have a WRT1900ACv2 with stock Linksys Smart Wifi and latest up to date linksys firmware installed and running. I have tried to install the recommended DD-wrt thru GUI at least 5 times. Everything goes along as expected and installation shows as completed but I never get anything but Linksys Smart WiFi when in point to 192.168.1.1 no matter how many reboots cache clears and resets I do. Nothing works....I just don't get it. All attempted installs so success. What am I missing????

I have the WRT1900AC V2 as well, for some reason many newer ddwrt firmware has this bug, this is how to fix:

1)Flash r35681 from Linksys firmware
2)If you want to keep Linksys firmware do the following
ssh into your router using putty, input following:
ubootenv get boot_part
(this is to check what partition you are on right now, it will be either 1 or 2)
ubootenv set boot _part 1
(if the 1st command return 2, you enter part 1, if 1 you enter part 2)
3)Now you can flash from ddwrt to newer version (use the webflash bin file instead of the factory bin file)

Above commands is to fool ddwrt thinking you are flashing from the other partition.

If you do not want to keep Linksys stock firmware on the other partition, you can skip step 2.
arneande
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2018 18:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernt wrote:

Hi
am change from Chrome to Firefox voila its work.

arneande
beardymarrow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 15:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
This has been frustrating me for months. Tried multiple machines, multiple versions, different methods to download, but every time used Chrome. Doh! Smile Just used FF and worked perfectly. So obvious when you know. Thank you!
redboy130578
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 16:21    Post subject: Correct!!! Navegator Web it is problem Reply with quote
beardymarrow wrote:
This has been frustrating me for months. Tried multiple machines, multiple versions, different methods to download, but every time used Chrome. Doh! Smile Just used FF and worked perfectly. So obvious when you know. Thank you!

I had the same symptom
change the browser to fire fox
work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: