Linksys E1200 - Recommended Build

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Texangeek
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 20:53    Post subject: Linksys E1200 - Recommended Build Reply with quote
While not a complete newbie to DD-WRT, it is a number of years since I installed the firmware on a router.

I would like to use an E1200 in repeater bridge mode to (hopefully) provide a stronger signal to a Raspberry Pi security camera that is installed on my garage. I'm thinking that I would locate the E1200 in a bedroom that is located close to the garage and hence obtain a stronger signal at the Pi than at present.

I have read through the Peacock thread and taken note of the build recommendations that it contains. However these build do seem to be very old and I have also read a number of posts where people appear to be successfully installing and utilizing much later builds.

Does anyone have advice regarding the most suitable build to install on the E1200 for the intended use case.

Many thanks.
Sponsor
jpp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Don't know if you have a V1 or V2, but check the wiki for V2: https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Linksys_E1200v2

JP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: