Asus DSL-N66U Support?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Night-Badger
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:43    Post subject: Asus DSL-N66U Support? Reply with quote
Hello everyone, new guy on the forum and I think this is in the right place.

So I have the Asus DSL N66U which is as adsl/vdsl router combo and I am wondering if can be supported. If not could anyone give me a specific reason that it cannot be as I have been searching online for some time and cannot find anything conclusive other than my hunch that there is no opensource adsl modem software.

I am aware that the RT-n66u is compatible and is supported by dd-wrt but that uses a broadcom chip and afaik this device uses a ralink rt6856. Source here https://wikidevi.com/wiki/ASUS_DSL-N66U

It's probably worth mentioning that my device is running in router/WAN mode only as I don't have any use for adsl right now and I would be up for testing any software that may support the wan/router side of things if it were possible.

Any input on the subject is appreciated.
Night Badger.
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: