Buffalo WZR-1750DHP Flashing

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Diamond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:12    Post subject: How to flash from dd-wrt to stock firmware 2.27 Reply with quote
Hello,

I bought buffalo wzr-1750dhp with stock buffalo firmware 2.27 then be able to upgrade to dd-wrt. How can I revert back to firmware 2.27?

Thank you.
Sponsor
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
How I was able to revert was to flash Buffalo's version of dd-wrt and then flash regular buffalo stock firmware over it.... The link i had for Buffalo's version here
is dead now probably because they are trying to limit dd-wrt from their devices. Newer versions of the stock firmware really limit/make it hard to do so.
Omegapsy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 15:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I have one of these routers that was given to me in a bricked state. I have already tried to access the router via a USB to TTL serial connector, only to get nothing out of it. The router takes power and all four of the LAN leds as well as the WAN led coes on. No other lights on the router turn on.

Is there anything anyone can show me per-say that could possibly bring this router back from the dead?
thanhtungidt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
Omegapsy wrote:
So I have one of these routers that was given to me in a bricked state. I have already tried to access the router via a USB to TTL serial connector, only to get nothing out of it. The router takes power and all four of the LAN leds as well as the WAN led coes on. No other lights on the router turn on.

Is there anything anyone can show me per-say that could possibly bring this router back from the dead?

It 's impossible, bootloader of your router is dead, so you can only use it as a switch
bigjohnx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
pie1394 wrote:
ggilman wrote:
Is there any consensus on a good stable build for the wzr-1750dhp? I'm currently running DD-WRT v3.0-r28493M std (12/10/15). It has been running like a champ but 10 month old firmware seems a bit dated.

I've tried pouring through the forums here but can't seem to find any real answers.

Here is my upgrading history with KongAC version:

r28000M 2015/10/27
r28600M 2016/1/10
r29165M 2016/3/3
r29440M 2016/5/1
r30370M 2016/8/11
r30560M 2016/9/7
r30600M 2016/9/18
r30700M 2016/9/28

It will get WiFi signal quality boosted since r30370M -- if my memory is not wrong.

To me the r30700M does not have any unstable issue on this unit with PPPoE, 4 SSID (WiFi 5G *2 , 2.4G * 2), OpenVPN (tap or tun), SSH tunnel, DNS Masquerade, USB2 pen drive (/jffs), QoS enabled. It was just asked that a NVRAM fully clean-up action is required when the FW is upgraded from r2xxxx to r3xxxx.

Hi, Does r30700M already resolved hardware nat routing issue? I am now only use software nat routing with previous kongac "Firmware: DD-WRT v24-sp2 (08/15/14) kongac"
pyrocide
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
I seem to be looking in the wrong place or maybe its just not possible. I have 1750dhp running smoothly for the last 2 years without issue.

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r29300M kongac (03/27/16)

I know I should be updated to something a bit more recent especially since the recent security issue with routers. Unsure if mine was affected. But is there a place to download the latest Kong F/W for this router? Thanks!
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 15:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
pyrocide wrote:
I seem to be looking in the wrong place or maybe its just not possible. I have 1750dhp running smoothly for the last 2 years without issue.

Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r29300M kongac (03/27/16)

I know I should be updated to something a bit more recent especially since the recent security issue with routers. Unsure if mine was affected. But is there a place to download the latest Kong F/W for this router? Thanks!

link is here for kong builds
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-Arm/

you want dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin
pyrocide
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wildlion wrote:

Much appreciated!

Is this a simple upgrade loading it via the router interface? Or do I need to downgrade, restore etc? I remember this particular buffalo router was a PITA to get to even take dd-wrt in the first place.

Thanks
Wildlion
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
pyrocide wrote:
Wildlion wrote:

Much appreciated!

Is this a simple upgrade loading it via the router interface? Or do I need to downgrade, restore etc? I remember this particular buffalo router was a PITA to get to even take dd-wrt in the first place.

Thanks

Welcome!

Upgrades have been much simpler for me at least through the web interface. Every so often I have had to do it via command line.

As a suggestion only: I personally would reset NVRAM and then upgrade and then reset NVRAM, then go through and manually set everything up again. Reason being that many options and defaults will have changed and it would be a good idea to review them.
davioxx
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I am interested in installing DDWRT for this router but I cannot find the factory to DDWRT in the main download sections.

I have WZR-1750DHPVersion 2.29 any idea where I can get the correct file? and then should I flash BS or Kong FW for more stable router

Thanks!
angler
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
davioxx wrote:
So I am interested in installing DDWRT for this router but I cannot find the factory to DDWRT in the main download sections.

I have WZR-1750DHPVersion 2.29 any idea where I can get the correct file? and then should I flash BS or Kong FW for more stable router

Thanks!

http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/

v34320 works pretty well
http://ddwrt-kong.clonevince.fr/34320/dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin
Diamond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

Is there anyway to flash the firmware without open the case? I have just flash wrong firmware by using web interface on dd-wrt. (flashed with wzr-hp-g300nh because I have 2 routers...)...
The router wzr-1750dhp is now booting with 2 flashed buffalo logo every 3 seconds.

When pushing AOSS button, I see that the router is having 192.168.11.1 IP address and asking "firmware.ram" (using wireshark). I try using TFTP (Upgrade firmware version 1.25) upload and rename the firmware buffalo-wzr-1750dhp-wrblfash.bin to firmware.ram but it didn't work. I can use that tool with wzr-hp-g300nh but not wzr-1750dhp.

From what I searched, there only way is to open the router and use USB to TTY. It is very difficult for me Razz
http://blog.tonywall.co/2013/06/de-bricking-a-buffalo-wifi-router-with-an-arduino/

Can you please suggest?

Thank you!
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Diamond wrote:
Hello,

From what I searched, there only way is to open the router and use USB to TTY. It is very difficult for me Razz
http://blog.tonywall.co/2013/06/de-bricking-a-buffalo-wifi-router-with-an-arduino/

Can you please suggest?

Thank you!

Well, if cfe is still good then you can load fw up.
1. Open web..Fw or factory-ddwrt in hex edit in android or win hex in window or ihex in mac then save at firmware.ram. if you just rename then its fw become firmware.ram.bin (still ext=*.bin).
2. set computer to 192.168.*.* //may be 192.168.11.1 or the last one cfe preset.
3. Open tftp server then set host as 192.168.*.* //*.* is the ipaddr of cfe of router.
4. click and load firmware.ram file.
5.Set default to 128kb //should be minimum
6. Dont forget LAN cable
7.click put //here the GUI interface

note: how to know if router is semi-brick but not complete bricked.
connect LAN cable and restart route's power.
1.LAN from disconnect status to enable //cfe is good
a. LAN from connect status and continue without search ip // router is bricked.
b. LAN from connect status and disconnect then reconnect status//router is normal.

connection.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  449.71 KB
 Viewed:  6983 Time(s)

connection.png

loader.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  397.69 KB
 Viewed:  6984 Time(s)

loader.png

Diamond
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 13:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
deslatha wrote:
Diamond wrote:
Hello,

Can you please suggest?

Thank you!

Well, if cfe is still good then you can load fw up.
1. Open web..Fw or factory-ddwrt in hex edit in android or win hex in window or ihex in mac then save at firmware.ram. if you just rename then its fw become firmware.ram.bin (still ext=*.bin).
2. set computer to 192.168.*.* //may be 192.168.11.1 or the last one cfe preset.
3. Open tftp server then set host as 192.168.*.* //*.* is the ipaddr of cfe of router.
4. click and load firmware.ram file.
5.Set default to 128kb //should be minimum
6. Dont forget LAN cable
7.click put //here the GUI interface

note: how to know if router is semi-brick but not complete bricked.
connect LAN cable and restart route's power.
1.LAN from disconnect status to enable //cfe is good
a. LAN from connect status and continue without search ip // router is bricked.
b. LAN from connect status and disconnect then reconnect status//router is normal.

Thanks for your kind reply, deslatha.

According https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/buffalo/wzr-1750dhp

Code:

Known Problems

Generally:
    Flashing AC1750 firmware on a WZR-1750DHPD locks the device, which makes it difficult to install DD-WRT or OpenWrt afterwards.
    Flashing DD-WRT firmware on a WZR-1750DHP voids its warranty.
    The CFE does not recognize TRX checksums, which must ignored or forced

It seems the only way to unbrick is open the case to have serial access.

I tried your way but the CFE didn't ACK the TFTP PUT so no file was transferred. I'm sure that I put the correct file name with correct extension. I know how to rename a file with extension Smile
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smaller picture.

Navigation

Jump to: