Q: diagnostic help on wifi? Docs for "nas" cmd?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
MrPete
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 17:19    Post subject: Q: diagnostic help on wifi? Docs for "nas" cmd? Reply with quote
Hi all,

I thought I had my setup (or bug workaround) issues nailed, but I do not.

With no changes of any kind, and with saved and "diff"ed nvram setting to confirm it:

* A few days ago, I loaded the latest Kong FW on my R7000, and rebuilt all settings from scratch.
* Everything worked great.

* Today, I made a minor change on the Wifi Setup page (5G channel number), saved, changed it back, applied.
* Suddenly, a 2.4G virtual interface was broken.
* Rebooted. Broken.
* Verified nvram settings are all fine.

I then did a series of reboots and Wifi "Apply"s over the last few hours. With no changes. The wl0.2 interface stayed broken for all but the most recent... it actually feels "random." And I don't like random for this Smile

QUESTIONS
1) Is there a man page or other doc for the bcm "nas" command?
2) Are there any hidden nvram settings to enable more diagnostics of the WiFi and bridge setup/teardown process?
3) Any idea what produces the log entry described below? I tried to search the source and did not find it. I ask because I have some evidence this is linked to how everything malfunctions when my wl0.2 is broken.
4) Any other diagnostic ideas, for dd-wrt and/or perhaps a more intense (Windows or Android) client diagnostic app?

WHAT BREAKS
The symptoms I see when wl0.2 is "broken":
- The interface is actually UP
- When I attempt to connect, there is about a ten second delay and then it fails as if it had a bad PW.

- The SSID is visible; my wifi scan tools show the correct channel, and correctly show WPA2 security
- ps shows the same 'nas' command whether working or not (and PW is correct)
- LOG: I see this log entry, quite possibly tied to when a connect fails on wl0.2:

user.info: There are no events in the queue - timer not reset.

Any ideas MOST welcome.
Sponsor
MrPete
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm still/again having this issue.

I've found a bit more info:
* Some documentation for the broadcom 'nas' command, which apparently manages security for WiFi, is here:
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=613765&sid=a8519c60a28e64f641ea065a40f40cf6
* Killing and restarting 'nas' for the wifi that goes bad does NOT help.

At this point,
* I don't have a workaround inside DDWRT to detect this condition... I may make some kind of assumption that certain IP addresses ought to be wifi-pingable... but that is pretty clunky.[/url]
MrPete
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2018 19:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I now have a workaround: complete power cycle fixes it for a while.

Reboot does NOT.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: