IN:CO:MP:LE:TE:01 mac

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 0:06    Post subject: IN:CO:MP:LE:TE:01 mac Reply with quote
is there a way to identify the incomplete device's / mac address' ? Bounce out to the IP related identifies where data is being sent but need to know what device is sending..
Sponsor
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:40    Post subject: WireShark Reply with quote
WireShark should be able to do this. I don't really understand what you mean by incomplete MAC though.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Where are you getting this info from?
Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
msoengineer
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 17:20    Post subject: Re: IN:CO:MP:LE:TE:01 mac Reply with quote
baddog2010 wrote:
is there a way to identify the incomplete device's / mac address' ? Bounce out to the IP related identifies where data is being sent but need to know what device is sending..

I am guessing that you have "Info Site MAC Masking" turned on and so you only see the partial address.

Go to the admin tab and disable this feature; then, you will see the full Mac address listed. If you're going to do that, you should make sure to turn on "Info Site Password Protection" to try and keep this info private from any remote people trying to hack into your router. Be sure to use a pretty strong password to keep most out. Anything on the web is hackable, so....
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 0:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
Tell me if I'm wrong, to use wireshark, would have to setup a pc as a DMZ and route all thru it ? then wireshark could capture the traffic, but will shark display mac from the IP destination. not real familiar with shark, routers either, new territory for me.
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
Apologize for not being more specific.
The incomplete issue is with using YAMon.
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 2:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
Reports show in:co:mp:le:te:01 for the mac address on multiple devices with a destination IP.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 4:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
baddog2010 wrote:
Reports show in:co:mp:le:te:01 for the mac address on multiple devices with a destination IP.

Look in this thread for YAMon.

www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=314467

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
consorts
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 18:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
incomplete macs on yamon are usually duplicate entries which happen most often when you use an endpoint or access point beyond the router running yamon. it also may show up when your public wan ip changes. sadly there is no gui method to house keep and remove them, so i give them a separate owner info and color in yamon so they don't sort together with other entries. another trick i do to accommodate yamon is to static ip all my known lan addresses so they can't expire so yamon can't later create more duplicate entries for them. honestly, yamon is an unstable mess and i'm done trying to trouble shoot it further, but it's linux router based donation ware, with a patient and communicative developer, so don't expect much and you'll be a lot happier with it. keep Shortcut Forwarding Engine Disable on the WAN Setup; a lot of new firmware builds enable it by default, and it's been known to interfere with Yamon.
baddog2010
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have moved to ddaneil51 link. thanks.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 13:25    Post subject: Re: IN:CO:MP:LE:TE:01 mac Reply with quote
baddog2010 wrote:

See http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=incomplete-mac
for an explanation of why you get incomplete macs in YAMon. The short answer is to better match what their router reports.

I'm probably going to add an option to disable the feature in v3.4.6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: