Multiple DHCP scopes?

LEGO-Roboticist
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 20:32    Post subject: Multiple DHCP scopes? Reply with quote
Greetings,

I am new to this forum and new to DD-WRT. I have a Linksys WRT1900acs router with OEM firmware. Before I spend what seems like a *lot* of time learning DD-WRT I would like to know whether what I want to accomplish is even possible.

I would like to have separate DHCP scopes for (a) wired connections, (b) wireless connections, (c) guest wireless connections, and (d) VPN connections. I will likely have mostly reserved addresses in each DHCP poole plus 1 or 2 other completely reserved scopes for networking devices and printers.

Furthermore, regarding VPN connections, I would like to have 1 or 2 devices permanently connected to VPN and be able to have other devices choose when they are VPN. Perhaps by temporarily assigning a static IP within the VPN scope.

I have not yet decided whether the different DHCP scopes will be on the same class C subnet (each poole having a range of 50 addresses) or have each DHCP scope assigned to a different subnet and adjust the SNM accordingly. (Would using different subnets put more load on the router for file sharing/streaming across subnets? If it wouldn't be must extra load I might not be too concerned...)

I hope I have explained my plans clearly enough to be understood. May someone please explain which, if any, of my ideas are possible with DD-WRT?

Thank you in advance.

Mike Tighe
The LEGO Roboticist
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: