Netgear R9000 not working with SIP phones since R34080

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
swiftninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 19:30    Post subject: Netgear R9000 not working with SIP phones since R34080 Reply with quote
Hi,

Hope I've got the right thread here for the Annapura Labs Alpine based Netgear R9000 unit.

Something broke /after/ R34080 (2017-12-14). It's been broken on all subsequent releases up to and including R36527. So I'm hoping this information plus what I'm about to describe is enough to locate the faulty commit. I was hoping this would just sort of 'work itself out', but as of August 13 2018, it's not.

I have an Cisco SPA525G SIP phone and a Cisco SPA112 SIP device all connected to my Netgear R9000.

On any of the new firmwares AFTER R34080, it's a 100% crapshoot whether /both/ SIP devices will work. I'll boot the R9000 router, no SIP devices will work. I'll reboot it, maybe one of the two will work. I keep playing the reboot game until both devices online.

This is acting to me very much like an order-of-operations-on-initialization problem or a 'radio taking longer than expected so screw it' timeout.

I've tried (obviously) rebooting both SIP devices when this is not working, and that won't work. I either have to keep rebooting the R9000 until I get "lucky", or revert to the trusty R34080 build. Currently, neither KongAC's builds nor the "official" dd-wrt builds will work reliably. I thought initially it was firewall "ARP Spoofing Protection" related but disabling that option doesn't fix it.

I've also tried resetting to factory defaults and re-configuring everything, but problem persists.

It'd be swell if someone could help me, I'd really like to get a newer build than 2017-12-14 (R34080) because they've had lots of security fixes since the spectre/meltdown nonsense.

I'm 100% sure on the following:"
R34080 - 2017-12-14 build - Works stable.
R34411 - 2018-01-07 build - Problem introduced.
All builds following - Problem persists.

That should be a tight enough merge window combined with my failure descriptions to [hopefully] nail this down quickly.

Thanks in advance any who can help.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 19:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
R9000 is discussed in the Atheros forum.
swiftninja
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 20:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
R9000 is discussed in the Atheros forum.

Thanks for the clarification; I actually cross-posted this there earlier today in case I had it wrong.

I'll pick it up over there.

Sorry about that!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: