D-Link DIR-878 A1 Support

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
sealtael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 20:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wag wrote:
Does DD-WRT unlock the 4th stream on the DIR-878? Meaning, can I get 800+1733 with DD-WRT?

I flashed my DIR-878 a couple of days ago. All connections are stable but it seems not to unlock the 4th stream unfortunately.
Sponsor
datifasulli5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 18:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have r36168 and it reboots unexpectedly every couple of days, for no particular reason.

Is anyone using more stable builds?
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
datifasulli5 wrote:
I have r36168 and it reboots unexpectedly every couple of days, for no particular reason.

If memory serves, the 07-16-2018-r36330 was fairly stable.

Unable to check now since I'm testing out the current 08-09-2018-r36527 build.
Will post back if/when issue(s) encountered with 08-09-2018-r36527 build.
DaveSec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:03    Post subject: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
Just bought a new DIR-878 but installation of DD-WRT fails.

I used factory-to-ddwrt.bin downloaded from here https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/08-09-2018-r36527/dlink-dir878-a1/factory-to-ddwrt.bin. Uploaded it at the firmware update page of the D-Link GUI, and got an error message "Failed to update the firmware. The firmware file may be corrupted or in incorrect format."

Any suggestions?
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 18:54    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
DaveSec wrote:

I used factory-to-ddwrt.bin downloaded from here ...

You can try the download from the FTP server.
DaveSec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 19:16    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:

You can try the download from the FTP server.

Tried that. Same issue. Tried the download and the update through both Chrome and Firefox.

Also tried flashing on recovery mode. Got another error.
sealtael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:45    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
DaveSec wrote:

I used factory-to-ddwrt.bin downloaded from here https://download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/2018/08-09-2018-r36527/dlink-dir878-a1/factory-to-ddwrt.bin. Uploaded it at the firmware update page of the D-Link GUI, and got an error message "Failed to update the firmware. The firmware file may be corrupted or in incorrect format."

Any suggestions?

Go into recovery mode and be sure there are no other cables plugged in except for the cable you use to upload the firmware and the powercable offcourse. Mine didn't accept the firmware either when also plugged into my own network.
sealtael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:50    Post subject: Slower speed Reply with quote
So anyone else noticed that the maximum WLAN speed on DD-WRT is only 780Mbps instead of the 866Mbps with the standard firmware? Is this deliberately done?
datifasulli5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 19:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
casualtester wrote:
datifasulli5 wrote:

If memory serves, the 07-16-2018-r36330 was fairly stable.

Unable to check now since I'm testing out the current 08-09-2018-r36527 build.
Will post back if/when issue(s) encountered with 08-09-2018-r36527 build.

Thank you for testing.
Can you upgrade from a previous build while keeping all settings, or do you have to insert settings again manually?
For the upgrade, can you do it from DD-WRT interface, or do you need to use the recovery procedure?
datifasulli5
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 19:15    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
DaveSec wrote:
Also tried flashing on recovery mode. Got another error.

This is the correct procedure for recovery mode:

1. Enter recovery mode
2. Load the WebUI, browse the file upgrade file, do *not* hit "Upload"
3. Reboot the router, again into recovery mode, then click "Upload".
4. Perhaps wait a little more than the 3:40mins until "Succeeded" is automatically printed, the router should automatically reboot.
casualtester
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
datifasulli5 wrote:
Thank you for testing.

Tested build 08-09-2018-r36527: No reboots encountered during the 2 days and 18 hours that it was run. Halting further testing since I prefer daily scheduled reboots for security.

datifasulli5 wrote:
... Can you upgrade from a previous build while keeping all settings, or do you have to insert settings again manually?

In case of feature(s) change, manual configuration is the typical practice.

datifasulli5 wrote:
For the upgrade, can you do it from DD-WRT interface, ...

Yes.
NB: I clear the NVRAM just before and just after a firmware update. Additionally, I manually power off and restart the router, since reboot issue encountered a while back.
DaveSec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:12    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
datifasulli5 wrote:

1. Enter recovery mode
4. Perhaps wait a little more than the 3:40mins until "Succeeded" is automatically printed, the router should automatically reboot.

Do I enter recovery mode by holding the reset button for about 10 seconds as I turn the router on? When I do this, I get a page called "Failsafe UI":

I followed your instructions above, based on my understanding of how to enter recovery mode, and still received this error:

[/img]
sealtael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 14:41    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
DaveSec wrote:
datifasulli5 wrote:

1. Enter recovery mode

Do I enter recovery mode by holding the reset button for about 10 seconds as I turn the router on? When I do this, I get a page called "Failsafe UI":

I followed your instructions above, based on my understanding of how to enter recovery mode, and still received this error:

[/img]

I had the same thing on every 1st try (also had my own network plugged in). When I tried a second time right after that (without my network plugged in) it worked for me.
DaveSec
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 18:22    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
sealtael wrote:

I had the same thing on every 1st try (also had my own network plugged in). When I tried a second time right after that (without my network plugged in) it worked for me.

How did you do that? When the network cable is unplugged, the image file cannot be uploaded from the PC to the router...
sealtael
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 19:24    Post subject: Re: Installation of DD-WRT on a new DIR-878 fails Reply with quote
DaveSec wrote:
sealtael wrote:

How did you do that? When the network cable is unplugged, the image file cannot be uploaded from the PC to the router...

Sorry, I explained it wrong. my network was on it. I had another cable directly attached to my pc which i used to upload the image.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 11
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Ralink SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: