Unstable WDS - 2xDIR868L - v3.0-r36006 std (05/23/18)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
nachumk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 23:35    Post subject: Unstable WDS - 2xDIR868L - v3.0-r36006 std (05/23/18) Reply with quote
I'm trying to run WDS but it is really unstable. I had it working this morning where I could log into both my 5GHz and 2.4GHz network and see both routers homepages. A few hours later, and the secondary router was inaccessible and all devices connected to that router were no longer accessible.

Primary router:
WL0 (2.4GHz) WDS: lists secondary router MAC address with LAN selected

Secondary router:
WL0 (2.4GHz) WDS: lists primary router MAC address with LAN selected
Set as Router under Advanced Networking
SPI Firewall, dhcp server, wan traffic counter off

Both:
WPS2 Personal (AES)

I get wireless status showing each other under WDS. No 0s, all coherent values. Still looks good when the secondary router is inaccessible.

I've enabled STP on both.
I've disabled SFE on both.

I'm out of ideas! :/ Please help, thanks.

Nachum
Sponsor
nachumk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2018 0:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm gonna try 35550. Looks like the latest build that works. Would be helpful if this was added to the Wiki.
teclis22
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
any luck with 35550 ?

best regards

tec

p.s: you can edit the wiki yourself. Just Register there (has to be done seperately from the Forum) and you are good to update the articles

1x Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N in Reserve (still looking for that on ebay)

all units running DD-WRT v3.0-r44187 std
nachumk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 17:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
I don’t like 35531 (BS build) much. OpenVPN causes me problems even once I added necessary iptables rules. And WDS never comes back up when only one device is restarted. Still searching for a solution. mrjcd tested r36104 and confirmed WDS works for his devices. Gonna give that a try.

Interesting note when running 35531 is that when I replaced the client firmware with Tomato by Shibby, the WDS comes back up even when only the client router is restarted. Although it has very bad throughout 1-5Mbps. Not sure why that is.
nolimitz
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 18:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
nachumk wrote:
I don’t like 35531 (BS build) much. OpenVPN causes me problems even once I added necessary iptables rules. And WDS never comes back up when only one device is restarted. Still searching for a solution. mrjcd tested r36104 and confirmed WDS works for his devices. Gonna give that a try.

Interesting note when running 35531 is that when I replaced the client firmware with Tomato by Shibby, the WDS comes back up even when only the client router is restarted. Although it has very bad throughout 1-5Mbps. Not sure why that is.

Please let us know how it goes! The last time i tried was few months back using netgear ARM routers and it didn’t work.

Did you try a recent Kong build?
nachumk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 18:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did not try a Kong build. I will post the results.
nachumk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finished some debugging. I could not get r36104 to work. I then upgraded to the latest 36808.

I was finally able to get the WDS link after I turned on wireless security (WPA2 Personal). With no wireless security the WDS link won't come up at all.

I then couldn't ping primary to secondary or vice-versa. I got that working by adding this line to the startup script:

brctl addif br0 wds0.1

That's it for now. Hopefully I'll get both routers fully up and running later today.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: