WRT1200ac r36079 spontaneously refuses previous password

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
WusteRatte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:38    Post subject: WRT1200ac r36079 spontaneously refuses previous password Reply with quote
I have a V2 WRT1200ac which is running just fine on r36079, but twice now when I have finished setting up parameters (static ip's, MAC address filters, etc) and clicked on the Administration tab, my previously good password is no longer recognized. I re-entered my data once more, thinking I was jinxed, but after the second time I think there is an issue.
Sponsor
spuriousoffspring
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've had this happen to me before where my browser would automatically enter another user name in the field without my noticing. Because I use the same admin password, but different user names for different firmware.

Try to access the command line via Telnet or SSH (if you've enabled it) with:
User Name = root
Password = yourpassword

If you have access then you can change your username and password with:
setuserpasswd [username] [password]

For example:
setuserpasswd admin 12345678

Otherwise you will have to reset to defaults.

To avoid in the future, whenever I make a change in the Administration section I always re-enter my usual credentials in the boxes before save or apply.

WRT32X DD-WRT Installation Procedure
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569

IPVanish OpenVPN Client Setup TUTORIAL
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308565

FIRMWARE: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r8217-2cc821e / LuCI Master (git-18.276.41146-280dd33)
MODEM: ARRIS SURFBoard SB8200
ROUTER: Linksys WRT32X
USB NAS: Western Digital BLACK 1 TB Hardrive + Startech USB 3.0 External SATA III Enclosure
WusteRatte
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49    Post subject: WRT1200ac r36079 spontaneously refuses previous password Reply with quote
Thanks so much for the comments. This seems to fit my situation to a "T". I did go into Chrome and clear out all remembered passwords, but I think Chrome was still remembering something. I did a full reset, installed the latest firmware version, and re-input everything. Took a while, but it's working great now. I'll be sure to take your advice to "refresh" my password before Save or Reply. That makes quite good sense (though I have been using dd-wrt for 6-8 years now and never ran into this before).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: