New build: 07-16-2018-r36330

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
mikeska
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:01    Post subject: Re: SFE disabled Reply with quote
CaperJoe wrote:
Weird, been watching the forum and SEE not fixing disconnect/hang on anyone else's builds but yet mine starting running great... mind you, I am not on the internet 24/7 either

Lots of internet use at night with some roku over here. Are your settings pretty close to default? If you have lots of tweaks, maybe something else is fixing the problem. All I have is basic setup with static dns set to Cloudflare and OpenDNS, ssh enabled, and scheduled reboot.

Sponsor
jlquinn
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
r36247 has been up for 6 days on WRT1900ACv1. I haven't had any obvious problems with roku or phone connections. I'm using a pretty stock setup with just some port forwarding.

I haven't had to reboot the router yet. I do have to replace the fan so that will mean a reboot but so far this build has been stable.
CaperJoe
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:24    Post subject: WRT3200ACM- No Internet DNS probe Reply with quote
The one other thing I changed, now that I think about it was I went from using a custom DNS ( Cloudfare ) to just allowing it to use the auto assigned ISP DNS... Yes, I use a VPN service and yes, I am aware of DNS leaks... I am not doing anything illegal, nor do I care if my ISP is watching me... I use the VPN for the non throttled ports and if I need to "hide" I just use the software VPN tunnel. My reason for switching was due to the fact Cloudfare couldn't find a particular server required for my wife's game.
mikeska
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:13    Post subject: Re: WRT3200ACM- No Internet DNS probe Reply with quote
CaperJoe wrote:
The one other thing I changed, now that I think about it was I went from using a custom DNS ( Cloudfare ) to just allowing it to use the auto assigned ISP DNS... Yes, I use a VPN service and yes, I am aware of DNS leaks... I am not doing anything illegal, nor do I care if my ISP is watching me... I use the VPN for the non throttled ports and if I need to "hide" I just use the software VPN tunnel. My reason for switching was due to the fact Cloudfare couldn't find a particular server required for my wife's game.

Thanks CaperJoe, might test that out some time, leave the static dns fields blank and see what happens. No reason to explain your choice to use a vpn... I use one out of principle (privacy/data collection). Nothing wrong with that! I run a ProtonVPN setup script on my laptop that configures the OpenVPN client locally. The dns server used is the same server I choose to connect to (a menu pops up in the terminal and the server can be selected). There's no vpn setup on the router because nobody else here really cares about it. Plus, being new to dd-wrt and having issues with recent builds, I don't want to introduce any more complexity in the setup.

derWolfMan
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 16:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed r36330-2018.July.16 on my WRT1900ACS_v1 as flash upgrade keeping my configs. The upgrade went without an issue but my wireless clients didn't reconnect immediately like usual -- did one extra reboot and seems OK now with clients connecting. I'll report any other issues found.

Sidenote: I had the previous build r36247 running for over 22 days without issues; I was on vacation otherwise I would have upgraded sooner. Smile

Firmware: Linux 4.9.112 #208 SMP PREEMPT Mon Jul 16 03:39:25 CEST 2018

DD-WRT config reference for my WRT1900ACS_v1: wired devices ~75, wireless ~20 clients using 5GHz-80Mhz-AC-Only & 2.4GHz-20Mhz-NG-Mixed with 2 additional APs in house (D-Link DAP-1650 - same SSID/Config, non-overlapping channels), IPv6 on, DHCP reservations for all known devices, local Raspberry Pi NTP, access rules (internet block security cameras), port forwards, no QOS, running OpenVPN server, firewall rules (OpenVPN & Guest), Guest 2.4GHz Wi-Fi segmented network/DHCP
ISP: Comcast (250 Mbps down | 10 Mbps up)
bobloadmire
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
on a previous build I had issues with my wifi thermostat not receiving an ip address, but this build seems to have solved that issue.
mkaand
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have WRT1900ACv1 I upgraded from r36168. r36168 was working perfectly. More than 7 days run time. I use for OpenVPN Server, Client, SoftEther Server. This build (r36330) was OK too. But today It started random restarts. I reset to factory defaults and send my backup file for r36330. I am still testing. If restarts contimue I will go back to 36168.

EDIT: My restart problems not related with firmware. I found out. I wrote SH script for VPNBook Free VPN Service. This free service change their password randomly. My script checks new password every 15 minutes. If new password released my script sets in to nvram. But VPNBook changed their system. Password is not TEXT anymore it is IMAGE. For this reason my router was rebooting. I fixed the problem and going back to this build (36330). It is working perfectly.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
mkaand wrote:
I fixed the problem and going back to this build (36330). It is working perfectly.

So, you're not having any issues with wifi disconnects or hangs at all on r36330? TIA
mkaand
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
BobbyLee wrote:
mkaand wrote:
I fixed the problem and going back to this build (36330). It is working perfectly.

So, you're not having any issues with wifi disconnects or hangs at all on r36330? TIA

Yes, definitely. I have no issue with 36330. Restarts was my mistake. I mean my problem was related with my shell script about VPNBook. But I fixed it. Now I am thinking to upgrade new build but I am not make sure. 36330 is not new anymore. This is new r36410

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 18:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT v3.0-r36330 std 07/16/18
WRT1900ACS

Having issues with this version and access restrictions not working. The official post is here:

https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=316123&highlight=

Anyone else?
veekay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 19:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
mikeska wrote:
Had an odd issue where 5GHz did not work with the channel setting that worked in build r35898. Changed 149 to 36 then it showed up in the list of networks on my pc and the roku could connect.

2.4 - No hangs or disconnects at the moment.

@CaperJoe - Thanks for the tip, I disabled the Shortcut Forwarding Engine on the Basic Setup tab, we'll see what happens.

Were you getting the whole unknown channel thing? Something is wrong with all of these builds and the 5ghz channel. I just started over with a fresh router and when using 80mhz the 5ghz stops working. Same with my previous router.
BobbyLee
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
veekay wrote:
Were you getting the whole unknown channel thing? Something is wrong with all of these builds and the 5ghz channel. I just started over with a fresh router and when using 80mhz the 5ghz stops working. Same with my previous router.

I had trouble selecting 5 GHz channels in the past, it was more complicated than it seemed. I would change the channel or bandwidth and the signal would disappear and I would have to change to auto width or different channel to get it broadcasting again, it seemed like a crap shot to select the right combo. Then I found some helpful advice in one of these boards and found out not all bandwidths can be selected for any channel. Here are the steps that helped me correctly set a channel and bandwidth combo. See if these help you. Written by slidermike, not sure where he got it from but it helped me.
"I don't know if you did this or not but it is required so you can select the channel.

You have to change the 5ghz settings in steps.
Channel Width - APPLY
Extension Channel - APPLY
Wireless Channel - APPLY

You have to chose in order AND APPLY after each step so that the proper next step fields are exposed."

If you want a specific channel and it doesn't show up in step #3 it's not available for the bandwidth you selected, start over. I kept wanting channel 157 at 40MHz but couldn't have it unless I dropped the bandwidth to 20MHz. Hope that helps.
mikeska
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
veekay wrote:
mikeska wrote:
Had an odd issue where 5GHz did not work with the channel setting that worked in build r35898. Changed 149 to 36 then it showed up in the list of networks on my pc and the roku could connect.

2.4 - No hangs or disconnects at the moment.

@CaperJoe - Thanks for the tip, I disabled the Shortcut Forwarding Engine on the Basic Setup tab, we'll see what happens.

No, there was no indication that the channel I selected was wrong. Trial and error.

mikeska
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
BobbyLee wrote:
veekay wrote:

I had trouble selecting 5 GHz channels in the past, it was more complicated than it seemed. I would change the channel or bandwidth and the signal would disappear and I would have to change to auto width or different channel to get it broadcasting again, it seemed like a crap shot to select the right combo. Then I found some helpful advice in one of these boards and found out not all bandwidths can be selected for any channel. Here are the steps that helped me correctly set a channel and bandwidth combo. See if these help you. Written by slidermike, not sure where he got it from but it helped me.
"I don't know if you did this or not but it is required so you can select the channel.

Channel Width - APPLY
Wireless Channel - APPLY

You have to chose in order AND APPLY after each step so that the proper next step fields are exposed."

If you want a specific channel and it doesn't show up in step #3 it's not available for the bandwidth you selected, start over. I kept wanting channel 157 at 40MHz but couldn't have it unless I dropped the bandwidth to 20MHz. Hope that helps.

Thanks for posting this, good to know!

veekay
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
BobbyLee wrote:
veekay wrote:

Channel Width - APPLY
Wireless Channel - APPLY

I have tried something similar, but with both of my routers I can only get them to either run on auto or on 149 + 155 (which is what it uses in auto). I really hate having to run both on the same channels.

Also, you cannot set the extension channel before setting a main wireless channel.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: