WLAN to WAN connectivity issues on k3.x r36330 mega E2500 v3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
shorobor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 16:48    Post subject: WLAN to WAN connectivity issues on k3.x r36330 mega E2500 v3 Reply with quote
I have recently upgraded my set of E2500 v3 devices to k3.x r36330 mega trailed builds. One is running as a primary (regular setup) and the second one is running as a wired switch+AP (wired connected to the primary). Both are experiencing WiFi to Internet connectivity issues. LAN to WAN or WLAN to LAN keeps working fine but WLAN to WAN stalls. Signal is fine. I left the advanced settings in WiFi alone. I have to disconnect phones/laptops from WiFI the reconnect them again and then internet works fine again Sad . Any idea what might be causing those? Thanks!

Last edited by shorobor on Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:43; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
blenn
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 18:32    Post subject: Re: WLAN to WAN connectivity issues on k3.x r36330 mega E250 Reply with quote
shorobor wrote:
I have recently upgraded my set of E2500 v3 devices to k3.x r36330 mega trailed builds. One is running as a primary (regular setup) and the second one is running as a wired switch+AP (wired connected to the primary). Both are experiencing WiFi to Internet connectivity issues. LAN to WAN or WLAN to LAN keeps working fine but WLAN to WAN stalls. Signal is fine. I left the advanced settings in WiFi alone. I have to disconnect phones/laptops from WiFI the reconnect them again and then internet works fine again Sad . Any idea what might be causing those? Thanks!

Try the latest firmware version instead. There are numerous bug fixes.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:16    Post subject: Re: WLAN to WAN connectivity issues on k3.x r36330 mega E250 Reply with quote
blenn wrote:

Stock firmware? It isn't patched for Krack or a bunch of other things. It has pretty much all the same damn un-patched code the stock E4200 v1 firmware has. He is already running the latest DD-WRT build. Anyhow, sounds like the GTK re-key interval is set to default, and for some reason, that is STILL a problem. I wound up setting that interval to 0 because it kept filling the syslog with garbage and causing issues. I presume you followed the wiki to flash a v3 and have upgraded with non-trailed builds and have at least done a reset to defaults via the GUI before and after every flash and manually re-configured. I've left my E2500 V3 stock with the latest stock firmware as it is only one of my backups.
shorobor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:22    Post subject: Re: WLAN to WAN connectivity issues on k3.x r36330 mega E250 Reply with quote
blenn wrote:

I upgraded these to DD-WRT a few weeks go for the first time. I started with the instruction for the hw+rev specific wiki page and then hunted this forum for tweaks, pros and cons for that specific hardware. In the last few weeks I have tried 36247 both k2.6 and k3.0 then moved on to 36330 k3.0. I didn't notice the drop issue on k2.6 36247 but I didn't stay more than a day on that. I will try the latest DD-WRT build in a few days and let's see. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:24    Post subject: Re: WLAN to WAN connectivity issues on k3.x r36330 mega E250 Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
Stock firmware? It isn't patched for Krack or a bunch of other things. It has pretty much all the same damn un-patched code the stock E4200 v1 firmware has. He is already running the latest DD-WRT build. Anyhow, sounds like the GTK re-key interval is set to default, and for some reason, that is STILL a problem. I wound up setting that interval to 0 because it kept filling the syslog with garbage and causing issues. I presume you followed the wiki to flash a v3 and have upgraded with non-trailed builds and have at least done a reset to defaults via the GUI before and after every flash and manually re-configured. I've left my E2500 V3 stock with the latest stock firmware as it is only one of my backups.

I will try adjusting the GTK re-key interval and see what sticks. Much appreciated Smile

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:00    Post subject: Re: WLAN to WAN connectivity issues on k3.x r36330 mega E250 Reply with quote
blenn wrote:

kernel-panic69 wrote:

shorobor wrote:
I will try adjusting the GTK re-key interval and see what sticks. Much appreciated Smile

I did a bunch of testing and I think it was a mix of GTK re-key, some weird DNS issue and SFE (maybe) that affected the wireless only. I have DNSmasq as DHCP and DNS server. I lowered the group re-keying then turned off local DNS and had the DNS server advertised as a DHCP option, that kinda stopped the issue. And I stopped SFE. Combination of those worked and I didn't have to upgrade or downgrade.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
DNSMasq is a tricky b*tch. On the basic setup page, I have force dns redirect selected. On the services page, I have rapid commit support selected. Everything else is default. The only extra options added are no-resolv and all 4 OpenDNS servers listed. That along with the GTK re-key interval set to 0 seems to be working for me with no disconnects and only a very random dns hiccup.
shorobor
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 4:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
kernel-panic69 wrote:
DNSMasq is a tricky b*tch. On the basic setup page, I have force dns redirect selected. On the services page, I have rapid commit support selected. Everything else is default. The only extra options added are no-resolv and all 4 OpenDNS servers listed. That along with the GTK re-key interval set to 0 seems to be working for me with no disconnects and only a very random dns hiccup.

Thanks for suggesting the GTK rekey thing Smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
It was suggested to me after I had been setting it to 99999. I'm guessing somewhere in the process of K3X testing and KRACK fixes, that function got broken. I don't have an issue with it being set to 3600 on FreshTomato.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: