Disable “trust this computer”?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
dayzed007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 0:51    Post subject: Disable “trust this computer”? Reply with quote
I’m happily using DD – WRT for a couple years on my ASUS Router. Primary purpose is to use my iPhone as WAN.

Recently I set it up with a secondary iPhone for when I’m not around with my primary but still want to connect to my connected devices at home. This works fine most of the time.

The problem I’m now finding: if there’s a power interruption and everything is forced to restart the iPhone does not re-connect to the router since it waits for input when asking “trust this Computer?”. since I’m not home I can’t interact with it and therefore never reconnect.

Is there anyway to ensure the iPhone remembers the trust setting? Thus avoiding this problem?
Sponsor
jwh7
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 17:05    Post subject: Re: Disable “trust this computer”? Reply with quote
dayzed007 wrote:
Is there anyway to ensure the iPhone remembers the trust setting? Thus avoiding this problem?
This should be in General Questions, but google:
    iphone "trust this Computer" permanent OR remember OR retain

|FreshTomato: F7D8302@532|OpenWRT: F9K1119v1, RT-ACRH13, R6220, WNDR3700v4
dayzed007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 0:25    Post subject: Re: Disable “trust this computer”? Reply with quote
apologies for posting to the wrong place. I thought I had to keep it to the type of hardware I use.

Thanks for the tip, but I've tried the google approach already and came up empty. I assume this has something to do with WRT-DD, as I've read others have similar experiences.

There are ways to disable "trust this computer" when plugging into a PC etc, but I guess the router is different.

Are you aware of any specific approach?
dayzed007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 14:40    Post subject: Re: Disable “trust this computer”? Reply with quote
Hoping to keep this thread alive as I’m sure I’m not the only one with this problem.

Any suggestions on how to get more responses?
boochi99
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Why are you not using a UPS to keep everything up?
dayzed007
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2018 14:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
boochi99 wrote:
Why are you not using a UPS to keep everything up?

Thanks. I was hoping to keep it simple and adjust something in the config ('autotrust' on reconnect), but if I must I guess a UPS will do.

I just hate to add more hardward to address a software problem. Truth is the UPS would ONLY be preventing this scenario, since I have no computers running on standby.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: