Bricked Cisco SRP527W Router - Help?

fadetonoir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 19:57    Post subject: Bricked Cisco SRP527W Router - Help? Reply with quote
I apologise if this is off-topic for this forum, as it's not a DD-WRT supported router, but I know there are a lot of knowledgeable people on here (certainly more knowledgeable than me in this area) and so someone might be able to help.

I've got a Cisco SRP527W router that appears to be bricked - when powered on the 4 LAN port LEDs light up and remain lit up solidly, even with no ethernet cable connected. The power button flashes continuously. If it's left powered on, it switches itself off after about 10 minutes. It does not create a detectable wireless network, nor does my PC detect anything if it's connected via ethernet.

I've made sure it has the right power supply, and bought a new one to eliminate the possibility that it was faulty.

So I think it must be bricked. I've never used a JTAG before, but I'm familiar with the process and my soldering skills are good (I've unbricked a DVD drive by removing a chip and reflashing it in an IC reader/writer before).

Would it be possible to fix this router, and if so what hardware and software would I need and where could I get it from?

Any help would be much appreciated!
Sponsor
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 21:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Broadcom forum/Peacock Announcement/Note 6
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
fadetonoir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 23:08    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:

Murrkf wrote:

Yep, I've done that. I constantly get -

PING: transmit failed. General failure.

The default IP address for this router should be 192.168.1.15 but I've also tried 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.254, doing a 30/30/30 reset each time, and randomly turning the router on and off to see if it will respond when first powered on - but I got nothing.

As I said, when connected via ethernet my PC doesn't even detect a network connection. I've got Wifi switched off and when I plug the ethernet cable in there is no response whatsoever, it just reads 'Not connected - No connections are available'. The cable and my ethernet port are good, as I can connect to my ISP provided router.

Is there anything else I can try?
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 1:36    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wiki: serial recovery.
LOM: "If you show that you have not bothered to read the forum announcements or to follow the advices in them then the level of help available for you will drop substantially, also known as Murrkf's law.."
fadetonoir
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 21:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
Murrkf wrote:

Murrkf wrote:

Okay, so I've read through that, and although I essentially understood it, I think you may have lost me there. I'm not sure if this router has a serial port, how I would identify it, or what the pin layout would be. I've searched extensively for information on how to JTAG (and now how to create a serial connection) but can't find anything on this router specifically and I don't have the knowledge or experience to work it out myself.

I've taken some high res photos of the board that I could upload, if someone would be able to take a look at them and point me in the right direction, otherwise I guess I have a lot of learning to do before I can do it myself!
Murrkf
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
As the router is not one anyone here is familiar with, no one here is going to be able to tell you much about its internal components and how to wire things up. You have the info that we can provide. How to make it work, and whether it will work, with unsupported hardware will be up to you. Good luck.
miky_boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 22:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi my friend,

Sorry to bring back to life this topic, but i have this router right now and it's bricked. I found the serial port and connect to PC and made the debug.

It gaves an error on "error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libSysEvents.so: cannot read file data: Input/output error"

So my ideia is to send a new firmware, but searching online i didn't found anything to this router.

Could you fixed your problem or you have any firmware to send to router?

Thanks and regards
d00zah
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
https://software.cisco.com/download/home/282910822/type/282919993/release/1.01.29
Linux 6.1.86 #130 SMP Wed Apr 17 05:48:30 +07 2024 armv7l
Updated from: DD-WRT v3.0-55779 std (04/12/24) via GUI (FF), NO reset
Gateway: SmartDNS, DDNS (FreeDNS), IPv4 DHCP, Static leases, SFE Disabled, QoS Disabled
AP: 2.4GHz NG-Mixed 40MHz, 5GHz AC/N-Mixed 80MHz, WPA2 w/ AES, MAC filtering, Isolated Guest VAP on wlan1, Vanilla FW
Services: USB Storage, NAS, Samba
Storage: Samsung Portable SSD T7 Shield USB 3.2 2TB, /jffs, /opt, /data (ext4)
miky_boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi my friend,

Thanks to your sharing. I downloaded the file and using the serial interface i made the flash to nboot.

After that i made the boot command and the system still gave the error about the files.

So, the only one option was to made a hardware reboot, but now i can't have any response on serial interface Sad

The router stills blicking the power light and the LAN port is fixed and on but on serial nothing Sad

Probably now it delete something on bootloader no?

Could you have any ideia to solve it please?

Best Regards
d00zah
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 18:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Finding a FW image was easy & you are most welcome. However, as DD-WRT doesn't even support this HW, I would suggest finding a forum which deals with Cisco devices specifically. There, you are FAR more likely to find the answers you seek.
Linux 6.1.86 #130 SMP Wed Apr 17 05:48:30 +07 2024 armv7l
Updated from: DD-WRT v3.0-55779 std (04/12/24) via GUI (FF), NO reset
Gateway: SmartDNS, DDNS (FreeDNS), IPv4 DHCP, Static leases, SFE Disabled, QoS Disabled
AP: 2.4GHz NG-Mixed 40MHz, 5GHz AC/N-Mixed 80MHz, WPA2 w/ AES, MAC filtering, Isolated Guest VAP on wlan1, Vanilla FW
Services: USB Storage, NAS, Samba
Storage: Samsung Portable SSD T7 Shield USB 3.2 2TB, /jffs, /opt, /data (ext4)

Last edited by d00zah on Sun Jul 22, 2018 22:21; edited 1 time in total
miky_boy
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 21:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi d00zah,

Thanks to your support also.

Best Regards
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: