Linksys wrt1900acs - loaded dd-wrt, but no luck w/internet??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Busheyman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:27    Post subject: Linksys wrt1900acs - loaded dd-wrt, but no luck w/internet?? Reply with quote
ultimately I am looking to have my dd-wrt router provide vpn access (using StrongVPN) to all devices that connect to it. Others (not requiring VPN) will connect to my carrier-provided vdsl router/wifi. My main router is on 192.168.1.1.

I bought a linksys wrt1900acs v2, connected the wan port to my existing router, configured it and tested it (all with the linksys oem firmware) - all good.

I then flashed it with r35531 successfully. It made me change the main username and password and allowed me to modify the wifi settings (only changed the name and password, left them as AP-mode). I am able to change the the IP address (and dhcp) of the local lan ports/wifi. I tried 192.168.1.x/24 without overlapping with the main routher. I tried 192.168.2.1/24, etc...

The wan port successfully gets an IP address from my main router (192.168.1.60), but never allowed my pc (wired or wireless) internet access through the dd-wrt router.

I figure I need to get the basic functionality working before I tackle the VPN bit. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance...
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: