My R7000 keeps crashing, sometimes multiple times a day

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
edgar_is
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 20:27    Post subject: My R7000 keeps crashing, sometimes multiple times a day Reply with quote
I dont understand why. I've already tried doing the usual. Install the latest stable build, reset, set up everything from scratch etc.

I installed a logger so I could see what was happening when it crashed. This is the log when it crashed.

I have to manually reboot the router in order for it to work again.

Otherwise it still broadcasts the SSID but if I try to connect it'll say that the password is incorrect. (even though the connection is saved and works after rebooting).

Log:

https://i.imgur.com/RGEbG8W.jpg
Sponsor
MvEICT
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 13:41    Post subject: Please provide more info Reply with quote
Please provide more info using the below template:
Router/Version:
Firmware:
Kernel:
Mode:
Reset:
Temperatures:
Issues/Errors:

For example:
Router/Version: Netgear R7000
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r36247 std ( 06/29/18 )
Kernel: Linux 4.4.138 #3313 SMP Wed Jun 20 12:58:42 CEST 2018 armv7l
Mode: Status: Gateway
Reset: no
Temperatures: CPU 68.0 °C / WL0 47.8 °C / WL1 51.5 °C
Issues/Errors: After setting up........... my router behaves ......... what I did so far trying to solve it...........
Barfoot
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was having all kinds of random reboot issues with my r7000 as well until i went through all the steps in painstaking detail to reset to default and reflash. Let me find a link to my old post. Some of the steps seem redundant (as commented) but all I can say is "worked for me". My r7000 was actually resetting to factory every couple of days before i did this.

Here is my old post. Good luck. https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1065059&highlight=#1065059
flyzipper
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 20:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
FWIW, my R7000 flakes out when it gets too hot.

In my case, it's in an enclosed media cabinet with my Xbox, and if I use the Xbox without opening the cabinet door, the R7000 will crash when it gets hot enough (80-ish degrees?).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: