How to performer, porter and boost your old router up!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
deslatha
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:19    Post subject: How to performer, porter and boost your old router up!!! Reply with quote
Any suggest on a router that most popular??
There are 3 mains thing on router that we think wrong way.
first is the speed of router; this focus in wireless transmitter data. when you connect your devices to router through wireless then it say "link speed" then it means that maximum data can transfer. It is trues but in reality that never occur. so far away from router then the least speed going down. (as like electric, so far away of a star point of voltage then electric drop). in this case Link speed is 1300Mb/s but it only Transmit Rate =585mb/s at distant around 10 feet.
so the rule is "so far distant and barrier then that much degraded Transmit data rate".
plus error CRC, noise, cross signal, bad antenna design, low quality ic, water condenser in air..etc that take more 25% of Transmit data rate.

Second rule is : " first smaller band wide then first data signal server".
that what apple devices and routers do only in 20mhz instead used on 40mhz band wide in 2.4 ghz.

third rule is: " unique and compatible of all component make router, if not then the minimum perform of devices are real.".
for example if your router have 3 antenna for transmit and receiver data but your smart phone have only 1 antenna then only 1 is counted . so for 2.4ghz then 150Mb/s for 1 antenna on maximum "transmit Rate".

Any suggestion???
Sponsor
ian5142
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:46    Post subject: Wireless Settings Reply with quote
Or read the recommended settings here:
https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Basic_Wireless_Settings

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Advanced_wireless_settings

PS: Your English grammar is horrible. Your post is nearly impossible to understand.

Some dd-wrt wiki pages are up to date, others are not. PM me if you find an old one.

Atheros:
Netgear R7800 x3 - WDS AP / station, gateway, QoS
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 x2 - WDS Station
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1 - WDS Station
TP-Link 841nd v8 - NU
D-Link 615 C1/E3/I1 x 7 - 1 WDS station
D-Link 825 B1 - NU
D-Link 862L A1 x2 - WDS Station
Netgear WNDR3700v2 - NU
UBNT loco M2 x2 - airOS

Broadcom
Linksys EA6400 - Gateway, QoS
Asus N66U - AP
Netgear WNDR3700v3 - not used
MediaTek
UBNT EdgeRouter X - switch
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Smaller picture.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
It seems the issue is not necessarily router specific, but wlan Technology specific.

A net result of apporx 50% of the advertised Mbps Speed of a rounter in real world Scenarios can be considered normal.

Different frequency bands have different ranges. If you use 5ghz spectrum your range is much lower then the 2,4ghz spectrum.

Understanding what the best possible real world result can be is the first step, then look for a router that gets as Close as possible to your specific Needs.
Ist neigh to impossble to recommend "the best" router.

1x Buffalo WHR-HP-G300N in Reserve (still looking for that on ebay)

all units running DD-WRT v3.0-r44187 std
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: