WRT32X R36247 Mac Address Issue 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
M
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:12    Post subject: WRT32X R36247 Mac Address Issue 2 Reply with quote
Dear All

Due to WRT32X of ath1 and ath2 are sharing the same mac address. I cannot separate two 5G wifi and one 2.4 wifi.

I had tried to edit the mac address with command shell but my mobile phones were detected the router original factory mac address "60:38:E0:00:00:00" of ath1 and ath2.

The phone is depended on the wifi signal which is better and showing the 2.4G or 5.2G AP name. In my case, it is not a good solution for me. So I had tried to separate three wifi ap.

The issue is that I success to change the mac address with the script. The other issue also had happened.

In Method 1, the router interface of 3 wifi ap mac address had changed. But only 5.2G of ath0 mac address is changed with the phone app wifi analyser, ath1 and ath2 show the same factory default mac address. It also depends on the signal for connection.

Method 1:
ifconfig ath0 hw ether BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:28
ifconfig ath1 hw ether BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:38
ifconfig ath2 hw ether BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:48

nvram set ath0_hwaddr="BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:28"
nvram set ath1_hwaddr="BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:38"
nvram set ath2_hwaddr="BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:48"

stopservice wan
startservice wan

After that, I re-edit the command and call as Method 2. The result really separate three wifi ap with specific MAC Address but all of wifi devices cannot connect to router or cannot connect to internet with lan cable.

In the case of my purpose, I hope that the router reboot every time. all of mac address can be changed randomly in start up but now in testing, it cannot do. Although I disabled the ath2, ath1 mac address cannot be changed. I would like to know what I can fix the MAC Address Technical Issues.

Method 2:

ip link set dev ath0 down
ip link set dev ath1 down
ip link set dev ath2 down
ip link set dev ath0 address BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:28
ip link set dev ath1 address BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:38
ip link set dev ath2 address BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:48
ip link set dev ath0 up
ip link set dev ath1 up
ip link set dev ath2 up

nvram set ath0_hwaddr="BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:28"
nvram set ath1_hwaddr="BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:38"
nvram set ath2_hwaddr="BB:BB:BB:BB:BB:48"
nvram commit

Many Thanks
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: