Archer C7 and IPv6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Trashman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 22:05    Post subject: Archer C7 and IPv6 Reply with quote
i was able to setup ipv6 (apparently) on my archer c7 v2 but i have some questions about the process:
- on several ipv6 test sites i get all good exept on http://ipv6-test.com/ where it say that icmp is filtered, is that bad? why i got that? do i need to solve it? how?
- im getting a /64 prefix delegation apparently, wasnt able to make it work with a lower number, is that bad? are my isp cheap and giving users less addresses than usual? should i complain about that?
- i used this dnsmasq options to make it work:
Code:
local=/local/
expand-hosts
interface=br0
dhcp-range=::1000,::FFFF,constructor:br0,ra-stateless,12h
dhcp-option=option6:dns-server,[::]
ra-param=br0,10,300
enable-ra

taken from this post, is that still current and most importantly, secure?

ATM it seem to be working, as i said before most ipv6 tests tell its all ok but do i need to test something extra? im using a chrome addon (ipvfoo) to see that and most sites show a mix of ipv4 and ipv6 addresses (exept dd-wrt.com where i get a solid ipv6 address)

Side question: anyone have a link to any guide to setup the wifis to max performance? or tips on the subject?

Edit: some extra info, using the same test site on several devices give me different responses, on android cellphone overwifi it simply say "not tested", on a raspi (basically debian stretch) over wifi it say "reachable" and on my desktop over lan i get that "filtered" message

Edit2: i did some more research and apparently windows firewall must be filtering icmp so ignore that question.
Sponsor
Per Yngve Berg
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 18:29    Post subject: Re: Archer C7 and IPv6 Reply with quote
Trashman wrote:
- im getting a /64 prefix delegation apparently, wasnt able to make it work with a lower number, is that bad? are my isp cheap and giving users less addresses than usual? should i complain about that?

Yes, if you intend to add a guest network or more networks.
Trashman
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 18:36    Post subject: Re: Archer C7 and IPv6 Reply with quote
Per Yngve Berg wrote:
Trashman wrote:

Yes, if you intend to add a guest network or more networks.

Well...its for home use and not many clients at it, maybe top 30 clients and never all at once...so i guess im fine as-is in relation to the /64, any comment about the dnsmasq settings? thanks in advance
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: