R7000 WAN port speed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
hushcoden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:33    Post subject: R7000 WAN port speed Reply with quote
Hello, could someone please let me know how to check if the WAN port has negotiated a 100Mb or 1Gb speed with the modem ?

Tia.
Sponsor
zip
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is a round about way, but if you connect a pc directly to the modem, it will tell you what it negotiated. NOTE: Probably a good idea to disconnect the cable from the modem that leads to the outside internet (coax if cable, dsl wire, etc.) unless you know your pc firewall is setup to block public IPs.

In Network and Sharing on Windows 10, it will show the connection speed. On linux, at least ubuntu flavors, there are network connection GUIs that will show it.

Also, on the linux command line, you can use ethtool adaptername (usually eth0, but could be something else) to find it. May have to install ethtool. ifconfig will tell you the name to use for the adapter.

The R7000 has gigabit wan. I have had one for years now. It connects to my modem at 1gb as I have gigabit internet and have speeds well over 100mb/s so I know. If the cable modem has gbit connector for the lan, there is no reason why the R7000 should connect at less than gigabit.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
On the VLAN Tab: Green=1G, Yellow=100M, Red=Not connected
hushcoden
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thank you all !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: