Impossible to upgrade to DD WRT

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Luxi72
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 20:48    Post subject: Impossible to upgrade to DD WRT Reply with quote
Hello everyone

I experience strange problems for 2 days now I hace dlink 890 for 2 years running fine on DD WRT. 2 days ago I had a crash and went through the recovery process. I reinstall original dlink firmwar without problems (1.10 version or 1.11) then I updrage to factorytoddwrt. Firmware upgrade is successful but nothing happen. It s like I m still on recovery mode. Whichever version of factory to ddwrt I use it doesn't work wheras original firmware works fine.
I don't understand what suddenly happen... any clue?

Thx in advance
Sponsor
DBB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 21:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
Luxi72,

It doesn't sound like my issue was quite the same as yours, but I had difficulty upgrading an older version of dd-wrt, and ended up going back to stock DLink firmware. At that point, I was unable to install dd-wrt with the factory-to-ddwrt.bin file, and I tried several.

Turns out that one of the replies I got to my post suggested that certain versions were better suited for the DIR-890L than others (https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315606).

One of the versions he suggested in that post (r35531) finally worked. I'm now having reduced bandwidth issues, however.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: