R7800 Discussion - 2018

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 13:56    Post subject: Re: Current build dropping packets? Reply with quote
txhermit wrote:
We just installed an ac2600 xs4 flashed with: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34900M kongat. First off, the signal strength is relatively horrible considering how powerful this device is and there seems to be intermittent packet drops occurring (with or without load).

I have tried digging into the forums, but there are so many pages following the development of this firmware, that I can't feasibly read them all.

Are there current known issues such as these? The only radio that matters, at this point, is the 2.4. There is no VPN, no USB setup, basically just a secured AP/router.

I don’t notice any difference in signal strength with either band on my r7800 running kong builds.

DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 14:01    Post subject: Re: Current build dropping packets? Reply with quote
txhermit wrote:
We just installed an ac2600 xs4 flashed with: Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34900M kongat. First off, the signal strength is relatively horrible considering how powerful this device is and there seems to be intermittent packet drops occurring (with or without load).

I have tried digging into the forums, but there are so many pages following the development of this firmware, that I can't feasibly read them all.

Are there current known issues such as these? The only radio that matters, at this point, is the 2.4. There is no VPN, no USB setup, basically just a secured AP/router.

https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/QCA_wireless_settings
txhermit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 14:02    Post subject: Re: Current build dropping packets? Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
I don’t notice any difference in signal strength with either band on my r7800 running kong builds.

What about connection issues? There seems to be some stutters happening, even on regular web surfing. I've had a continuous ping running and every 50 or so will drop.
txhermit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 14:49    Post subject: Re: Current build dropping packets? Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:

After changing to Wide HT40, haven't dropped a ping yet under normal use (have several systems streaming HD videos just to generate some heavier traffic).

However, if I load it up with a speed test, it will drop a few on download and a few more on upload. I read through that entire link, am I missing something?

Thanks.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 16:08    Post subject: Re: Current build dropping packets? Reply with quote
txhermit wrote:
mrjcd wrote:

After changing to Wide HT40, haven't dropped a ping yet under normal use (have several systems streaming HD videos just to generate some heavier traffic).

However, if I load it up with a speed test, it will drop a few on download and a few more on upload. I read through that entire link, am I missing something?

Thanks.

and that small amount of drop is on pinging a server on the internet or local ping to router? and how fast is ur wan?

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

txhermit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 16:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
The pings are back to the router (local). Our wan is only 100. According to the monitoring in this router and our last, we never get close to pegging that unless I am doing some remote back ups. Even if we were maxed out, it shouldn't cause a local ping drop. The response times have settled down, but if this was a wired setup I would start looking for a failing cable.
rickmav3
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 18:27    Post subject: Re: Current build dropping packets? Reply with quote
txhermit wrote:
Malachi wrote:

What about connection issues? There seems to be some stutters happening, even on regular web surfing. I've had a continuous ping running and every 50 or so will drop.

35900M and 36100M are rock solid builds. No wifi signal issues, no lagging or drops any online activity: streaming, browsing, downloading, continuous traffic from multiple clients. No complains from very picky impatient young users. These should be be kept as backup stable builds.

Reset and manually config.
Giuliano1969
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 14:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
The 35900M is posted in a thread on here somewhere. I am now using the latest Kong test version and it seems fine.

thanks Malachi and Tastuya for your kind replies.

Do you know if Kong's new builds have fixed the KRACK security BUG of WPA2, that seems to be fixed in October BS versions ?
The readme file in kong's dir does not explain too much about revision history.....

https://svn.dd-wrt.com//changeset/33525

Best regards,

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes Kong has patched it. I usually always use the test version. If I encounter troubles, I roll back to the other build.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 22:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
Yes Kong has patched it. I usually always use the test version. If I encounter troubles, I roll back to the other build.

Thanks Malachi.
Following your answer, should I consider that ONLY the test version is patched for KraCK bug?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 23:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
No. It was patched a while ago. https://wiki.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/KRACK_Vulnerability_and_DD-WRT

Bottom of that link says “Any Brainslayer or Kong build 10/25/2017 or later“

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 14:19    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have a new problem with ISP DHCP after cable modem upgrade from arris sb6183 to sb8200 docsys 3.1.
When i resetting the power on cable modem and r7800 ( kong 36175) at the same time i am not receiving Gateway IP and internet IP from ISP just 0.0.0.0.
If i am connecting computer directly to modem then i have IP and Internet right away on computer and i can connect the router to modem back and everything is working. What a mess!!!
The old arris sb6183 works fine for years. I did install the Voxel on r7800 and it works fine with sb8200 after simultaneous reset.
What do you think? Any ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
my modem takes time to load, so i turn modem first and router after about 3-4min...
voxel on R7800 was a disaster had to do a sketchy things to get back to DD-WRT good lord was not mine R7800 it was a struggle...

TP-Link WR1043NDv2 -Gargoyle OS 1.15.x AP,DNS,QoS,Quotas
Qualcomm-Atheros
Netgear XR500 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoH,Forced DNS,AP Isolation,4VLAN,Ad-Block,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R7800 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,Forced DNS,AP&Net Isolation,x3VLAN,Firewall,Vanilla
Netgear R9000 --DD-WRT 55779 Gateway/DoT,AD-Block,AP Isolation,Firewall,Forced DNS,x2VLAN,Vanilla
Broadcom
Netgear R7000 --DD-WRT 55460 Gateway/SmartDNS/DoH,AD-Block,Firewall,Forced DNS,x3VLAN,VPN
NOT USING 5Ghz ANYWHERE
------------------------------------------------------
Stubby DNS over TLS I DNSCrypt v2 by mac913
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 18:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
My sb8200 modem is loading very fast so it looks like a problem between r7800 kong and sb8200 and ISP after full power reset. At the first reset stage the modem is sending own IP (192.168.100.x) to router and 0.0.0.0 then

BTW, there is no problem with consecutive reset.

I have the same auto DHCP problem with old sb6183. So, its router problem. Will do the factory reset and will try the old builds. Very strange

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
vit5421 wrote:
My sb8200 modem is loading very fast so it looks like a problem between r7800 kong and sb8200 and ISP after full power reset. At the first reset stage the modem is sending own IP (192.168.100.x) to router and 0.0.0.0 then

BTW, there is no problem with consecutive reset.

I have the same auto DHCP problem with old sb6183. So, its router problem. Will do the factory reset and will try the old builds. Very strange

What happens if you power off both devices, power on your router and let it boot completely, then power on your modem (maybe unplug the power cord for your modem while the router boots)?

I've had issues as well where the modem doesnt recognize the router and I get no internet/IP. If I do what I suggested, router gets an IP from the ISP.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 38, 39, 40  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 20 of 40
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: