D-Link DIR-868L

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2018 13:37    Post subject: Re: r34929c quarkysg-std - problem with access restrictions Reply with quote
anil001 wrote:
quarkysg wrote:
anil001 wrote:
@quarkysg - I am using below build and having trouble with Access Restriction functionality (it works sometime after router reboot). In earlier build it used to work without reboot.

"Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r34929c quarkysg-std (02/17/1Cool"
I use SFE (not very important), PBR and Access Restrictions.

You may want to try the latest BS or Kong’s builds and see if the problem is resolved for you. They may have fixed the issue since my last build, which is quite dated by now. Since the dev fixed the bricking issues for the 868 and 880Ls I’ve stopped releasing new builds.

can you please point me the links to BS or Kong's build.

If i am right they are the DD WRT betas located here https://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/other-downloads
i used them after quarkysq advice.
Sponsor
Sp1ndel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 7:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just a question.

Has anybody been able to get a OpenVPN server running and working on the 868 (rev A)?

I’ve tried basing my settings from this: http://www.stj.me/2016/02/17/openvpn-ddwrt.html and this: https://www.howtogeek.com/64433/how-to-install-and-configure-openvpn-on-your-dd-wrt-router/ with some modifications to match some specific parameters for my setup.

I get the server to run, but I can only connect to it sometimes. And even if I get a positive connection it does not seem to actually route my traffic trough the VPN, nor can I connect to my local network.

I’ve only tried to remotly connect (so far) trough my phone (iphone) so the problems might be on that end (but I doubt it since the client part is pretty straight forward).

I use a 2048 bit Diffie Hellman parameter is thos to large for the 868 to handle?

The most probable cause is that I miss something important in the iptables config since I’m kind of in the deep end regarding this (and you don’t need to scold me for messing with these settings without fully knowing what I’m doing I know it’s ”dangerous”).

So anyone that might enlighten me if there’s some ”special” parameter to think of or is the 868 simply not suited for running a openvpn server?
TheGlow
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 19:53    Post subject: Help making an Optimum Dir-868L usable Reply with quote
I've had this sitting in a box for 3 years and figured I might as well put it to work. I currently have the modem going to an Asus RT-N66U with Merlin and that has been fine, although we spend more time in the bedroom which is on the opposite side. I'm in an apartment building with over 30 SSID's so 2.4ghz is a death trap, and 5ghz is a little flakey at that range. So I was thinking to put something in the the bedroom to improve things.
As is I have 2 other spare routers but sadly T100 only and I'd rather have the gigabit for when I transfer locally.
I do have a usb to serial adapter, not the kind i saw mentioned with the 4 pins already, but I can solder and have a little experience with Putty.
So what options do I have? Which is the best firmware? As is it I think i'll leave the Asus as DHCP and the Dir will be just being a wireless AP really.
TheDropPolice
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:14    Post subject: Good build for first try Reply with quote
Hi i'm new to this and have been reading the forums and new build threads, what is a good solid build that I should start off with on this router?
Also what gets added in the newer ones, do they change a lot? I see some newbie threads recommending builds from a few years ago, is that still a good option?
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 21:55    Post subject: Re: Good build for first try Reply with quote
TheDropPolice wrote:
Hi i'm new to this and have been reading the forums and new build threads, what is a good solid build that I should start off with on this router?
Also what gets added in the newer ones, do they change a lot? I see some newbie threads recommending builds from a few years ago, is that still a good option?

Go for the latest release as it contains new features and bug fixes. Only use old releases if you have no choice.
AugustineLee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 2:45    Post subject: Using 20 June 2018 firmware Reply with quote
I tried flashing the 20 June 2018 DD-WRT r36168 on a StarHub* given D-Link DIR868L Revision A1 hardware using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin for that model but every time I flash it, the router bricked itself and I have to go back to recovery. May I know how I can flash it?

Afterwards, I flashed build r27086 and it also still doesn't work.

Any build I try to flash even with the correct dd-wrt firmware rev A for this hardware does not work on StarHub given routers.

Is there a workaround for this?

* - StarHub is a Singaporean Telecom.
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 14:49    Post subject: Re: Using 20 June 2018 firmware Reply with quote
AugustineLee wrote:
I tried flashing the 20 June 2018 DD-WRT r36168 on a StarHub* given D-Link DIR868L Revision A1 hardware using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin for that model but every time I flash it, the router bricked itself and I have to go back to recovery. May I know how I can flash it?

Any build I try to flash even with the correct dd-wrt firmware rev A for this hardware does not work on StarHub given routers.

Try my builds. Not as up to date, but is recent enough.

https://app.box.com/s/b4v1s342ef2dpd52j02lqtuzi1oiipco

Use the image from 'factory-to-ddwrt' folder first to flash from factory firmware.

Then flash to my latest build from within dd-wrt.

HTH.
AugustineLee
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 14:52    Post subject: 20 June 2018 build Reply with quote
Thank You! I shall go try it out over the weekends.

Edit: May I know if this "ddwrt-webflash-dir868-880-r34929c-patched.bin" is the latest build for the D-Link DIR868L Rev A?

Thanks in advance!
Kyoichi
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 16:03    Post subject: Re: Using 20 June 2018 firmware Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:
AugustineLee wrote:

Try my builds. Not as up to date, but is recent enough.

https://app.box.com/s/b4v1s342ef2dpd52j02lqtuzi1oiipco

Use the image from 'factory-to-ddwrt' folder first to flash from factory firmware.

Then flash to my latest build from within dd-wrt.

HTH.

Downgrade tge dlink firmware to an older version and try again
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:12    Post subject: Re: 20 June 2018 build Reply with quote
AugustineLee wrote:
Thank You! I shall go try it out over the weekends.

Edit: May I know if this "ddwrt-webflash-dir868-880-r34929c-patched.bin" is the latest build for the D-Link DIR868L Rev A?

Thanks in advance!

It’s my latest build. I didn’t try building anything newer after this.
kioske
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 16:49    Post subject: Reply with quote
For those who have had trouble with DIR-868L Rev A1 (Optimum edition), I'd like to share my experience because I've done lot of googling and not everything is what you might expect.

First of all, DIR-868L A1 Optimum edition is a little bit different than D-Link (actual manufacturer) edition.

Optimum version doesn't have a flash upload page at bootup at http://192.168.0.1 (which could've made your life so easier) so you gonna have to open the device and use USB-TTL connection to hack into it and flash the firmware thru CFE. This is not easy because Optimum has those jumper pins removed so you probably have to solder the cables on the pins, or use a tape-like thing to keep the cables on the pins like I did.

Also, Optimum version has a little different IP in emergency flash mode. It's 192.168.1.1, not 192.168.0.1. So set your computer's (tftpd64) IP to 192.168.1.2 and then have the latest AdvancedTomato build for DIR-868L in tftp folder. Because neither factory-to-ddwrt nor stock firmware of D-Link worked for me (with flash -noheader : flash1.trx). Always "unsupported image format" error.

First, flash to AdvancedTomato with "flash -noheader 192.168.1.2:tomato.trx flash1.trx" and reboot it. It works!

You might wanna keep Tomato fw but unlike its advertised features, SSH daemon and OpenVPN (or any VPN) does not work with this device's "special" build. Without SSH, you'd pretty much stuck with telnet (rules out WAN access) to play with iptables firewall which why I would need a custom firmware. Turns out the device had 32KB NVRAM and that was the reason they cut corners on special build and removed SSH and VPN support (btw, I found out it actually had 64KB NVRAM after installing DD-WRT, maybe only with Optimum edition).

So I basically uploaded webflash version from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/06-01-2017-r32170/dlink-dir868l-reva/ (because so many forums said any version later than build r32170 would brick the router) thru Tomato's firmware upload page, and it all worked fine.

Now I have DD-WRT (the firmware I love) with a decent version (not the latest), with SSH, PPTP, OpenVPN, iptables firewall, USB/NAS support (might install a USB-disk later and have tcpdump, squid, etc).
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
kioske wrote:
So I basically uploaded webflash version from ftp://ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/06-01-2017-r32170/dlink-dir868l-reva/ (because so many forums said any version later than build r32170 would brick the router) thru Tomato's firmware upload page, and it all worked fine.

Now I have DD-WRT (the firmware I love) with a decent version (not the latest), with SSH, PPTP, OpenVPN, iptables firewall, USB/NAS support (might install a USB-disk later and have tcpdump, squid, etc).

My builds are tested on my DIR-868L Rev A, so it should be safe for all variants of DIR-868L. To the firmware, Rev A/B/C does not make any difference as far as I can tell.

r32170 is quite old.
labrok
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 21:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:

My builds are tested on my DIR-868L Rev A, so it should be safe for all variants of DIR-868L. To the firmware, Rev A/B/C does not make any difference as far as I can tell.

r32170 is quite old.

are you planing a new version because latest have stability problems, losing settings, and some weird , usually routers like 868l (revC) can handle a 5.5MB/s download with an 11MB/sec Lan transfer simultaneusly, or a Download and a Samba transfer Same momentt full speed, with lastest FW this is impossiblw, its like all transfers uses the same 100Mbps line, thats weird!
quarkysg
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 21:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
labrok wrote:

are you planing a new version because latest have stability problems, losing settings, and some weird , usually routers like 868l (revC) can handle a 5.5MB/s download with an 11MB/sec Lan transfer simultaneusly, or a Download and a Samba transfer Same momentt full speed, with lastest FW this is impossiblw, its like all transfers uses the same 100Mbps line, thats weird!

I’ve built r36247 but it looks problematic to me. I have problem with the wireless interface and all my startup scripts is failing. Need to spend some time troubleshooting. Unfortunately time is a commodity I’m short of at the moment.
kioske
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 0:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
quarkysg wrote:

r32170 is quite old.

Which build would you recommend as reliable and a recent one? 'Cuz I have some VLAN/WAN/ARP issues with this one.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 39, 40, 41, 42  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 40 of 42
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: