New Build - 05/23/2018 - r36006

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
wizardgmb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 19:47    Post subject: New Build - 05/23/2018 - r36006 Reply with quote
Router: Netgear N750 WNDR4300
Firmware: r36006

I upgraded from Netgear native firmware but didn't get a notification the process was complete. After 1/2 hour I rebooted & all appeared fine. I configured mobile broadband connection after several tries; note US AT&T users should select the #99* "3g" option for 3G $G services rather than the drop down box 4G option.

After trying several WDS configurations, my main setup screen inverted some of its black and white areas & I was unable to make changes. After 2 reboots the router was unreachable. When I tried to do a TFTP2 firmware refresh, I couldn't get a successful installation of Netgear WNDR4300-V1.0.2.98. The power light blinks orange and periodically all lights flash on for a second. then return to blinking orange poer light and solid green port light. Router appears to be "bricked".

Regards,
George
Sponsor
moonglows
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Router Model: Linksys EA8500

Reset: ok
Errors: sftp still doesn't work

Router Model: TP-Link ARCHER-C7 v4

Reset: ok
Errors: ok

I just setup WDS and it works great between the two routers on this build.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 16:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Linksys EA8500
DD-WRT v3.0-r36006 std [05/23/18]
Linux 4.9.102 #95 SMP PREEMPT Wed May 23 09:47:19 CEST 2018 armv7l
NO reset. GUI install over Kong r36965M.
Main Router
Turn on Recursive DNS Resoving --- Unbound working very good now Smile -- However there seems to be problem connected to the ovpn 2.4.6 server. Connects fine but has NO DNS Sad if Recursive DNS is turned on.

You dummy, ovpn server DNS works fine with Recursive DNS Resolving if you push DNS as the ovpn network IP.
Example:
Main Router Network 192.168.1.0/24
OVPN Network 10.175.126.240/28
Everything needed ovpn Additional Config:
push "route 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0"
push "dhcp-option DNS 10.175.126.241"
With ovpn server on a WAP (WAN disabled) you just push main router IP as DNS always works.
Testing DNS ovpn clients DNS will show main router WAN IP same as if connected direct to router but of course it actually uses unbound (root servers).
This also works in later builds as of r36168.
AKA_SK
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any ETA for this error fix?
https://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/6319
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
^ no

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55416 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55416 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

jampog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 13:46    Post subject: Reply with quote
teslacoil wrote:
Router: DIR-615 i1
Reset: Yes
Errors: Yes

Resetting to defaults is broken with the flash procedure and page breaks after flashing with no confirmation message about whether the flash was successful or not. Router will reboot after the flash with all old settings stored and httpd is dead. Doing a hard reset works with the reset button (hold the reset button while plugging in the power), but WPA2 key was still stored even after resetting to defaults, clearing the NVRAM, and doing the hard reset. This bug has existed for the last 10 builds or more and also happens on the WDR3600, so not going to bother flashing that one.

hi its me again!... eventually found out to look for you in member list and check out all your post... were you able to find another good firmware after this?
milanmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
jampog wrote:
teslacoil wrote:

Resetting to defaults is broken with the flash procedure and page breaks after flashing with no confirmation message about whether the flash was successful or not. Router will reboot after the flash with all old settings stored and httpd is dead. Doing a hard reset works with the reset button (hold the reset button while plugging in the power), but WPA2 key was still stored even after resetting to defaults, clearing the NVRAM, and doing the hard reset. This bug has existed for the last 10 builds or more and also happens on the WDR3600, so not going to bother flashing that one.

hi its me again!... eventually found out to look for you in member list and check out all your post... were you able to find another good firmware after this?

Still the same on WDR3600 up to 36808 build.
jampog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2018 15:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
milanmk wrote:
jampog wrote:
teslacoil wrote:

thanks for the update! would you mind telling me whats the most stable build for your router please Very Happy
milanmk
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:14    Post subject: Reply with quote
jampog wrote:
milanmk wrote:
jampog wrote:
teslacoil wrote:

thanks for the update! would you mind telling me whats the most stable build for your router please Very Happy

Most stable for WDR3600 for me is build 36808; VPN, PPPoE, WOL, Firewall, Guest Network all working fine with excellent uptime.
jampog
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
milanmk wrote:
jampog wrote:
milanmk wrote:
jampog wrote:
teslacoil wrote:

Most stable for WDR3600 for me is build 36808; VPN, PPPoE, WOL, Firewall, Guest Network all working fine with excellent uptime.

thanks let me try that too Very Happy

Edit: let me abuse your kindness a little bit more... i upgraded it and I lost all my wifi... would you know a fix Very Happy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 Display posts from previous:    Page 4 of 4
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: