Improved Parental controls possible?

Spiff412
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 22:45    Post subject: Improved Parental controls possible? Reply with quote
Currently using an Asus AC3200 router for our home network (but will switch to a dd-wrt compatible if needed!).

Parental controls enabled in order to have cut off time for wifi for the kids/youth in the family and this works ok, schedule per device, flexible interface etc...

However, an issue is that you can only select a slot with start-finish per each device. This quickly becomes very rigid and require a lot of micromanagement when the kids want to regulate the use themselves, which I am a supoporter of.
The challenge occur when the kids then jump from device to device and rack up too much accumulated time within the overall start-stop.

Is there anyway to mod a dd-wrt firmware so that you can group units together bu MAC addresses and then assign each group of units (basically each child has its own group) a schedule where there is start-stop, BUT also a max accumulated period within start-stop?....

This would be a brilliant feature for so many families!! Yes, the kids would have to shut off devices to stop them from using wi-fi in the background when not using, but that is a minor nuisance to solve a bigger issue.

Possible?...
Sponsor
Bugsysiegals
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm with you, I'm looking for the same solution!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: