Linksys Tri-Band EA9500 AC5400 Router Firmware

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Contributions Upload
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
GTgamo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 0:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
So gent's is this a dead issue for the 9500, with LEDE being the only option via serial cable?
Sponsor
mommyfixit
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 15:03    Post subject: Please tell me it ain't so Reply with quote
I am also wondering if there is any hope. I love my network speed and the propagation with this router, but I need DD-WRT. Is there anything that can be done?
linbox
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:59    Post subject: installed Lede on EA9500 Reply with quote
I did install LEDE and it seems to be working fine

The serial cable installation was pretty straight forward similar to the EA8500 with newer stock firmware. I read about here:
Quote:

So very unfortunately, there will be no possible way of getting ddwrt on to the Linksys EA9500. Although we have developed dd-wrt for it, it will not be able to work as the firmware for both the models (v1 having a dual core broadcom northstar cpu. And v2 having arm 64 quadcore cpu) are encrypted and signed via pgp. A sad day indeed Sad

I don't understand how LEDE gets around this. Does LEDE have access to signed/encrypted firmware?
ms72588n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 0:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
Any update on this? Smile
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 Display posts from previous:    Page 5 of 5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Contributions Upload All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: