New Build: 01 June 2018 - 36079

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2
NashBlade
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have successfully updated my v1 to this version. However, I skip downgrading to the factory firmware, and simply update to the latest DD-WRT version.
aventus wrote:
Linksys WRT1200AC v1

Flashed from Linksys partition with factory to ddwrt

Don’t work power led blinking no access to GUI

flashed back to 35531

Maybe the file is to big I don’t know
Sponsor
aventus
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmmm really strange I will test later a different browser maybe it works then

Edit: it worked after I upgraded Linksys stock firmware to latest version i used factory to ddwrt and it worked
bcmalloy
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 0:53    Post subject: Recommended Stable for Linksys WRT1200AC Reply with quote
aventus wrote:
Hmmm really strange I will test later a different browser maybe it works then

Edit: it worked after I upgraded Linksys stock firmware to latest version i used factory to ddwrt and it worked

Interesting, I also upgraded to the the latest Factory firmware before flashing ddwrt so it may be a bug in the old firmware.

Have been keeping an Eye on Syslog server - no serious error messages or issues.

22:32 HRS up time for this new version now have been downloading all that time and maxing out my lan and wifi I would recommend this as a stable build for Linksys WRT1200AC V1 but ensure you flash from the latest factory firmware. Will report back if I encounter any issues.
frawau
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:22    Post subject: WRT-1900AC v2. Not good. Reply with quote
Tried it but after a couple of hours all my LED light bulbs were disconnected. Both LIFX and Yeelight.

Reverted to v3.0-r35898. Worked good so far.

Installed without reset.

My 2 cents
joeszef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 5:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
installed on WRT1900ACS V2 but some of my wireless devices can't connect to the WIFI, it stuck on Obtaining IP. (but those devices with static IP configured, they connected instantly)

Upgraded with no reset. Will try to reset and restore my configuration.
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
joeszef wrote:
installed on WRT1900ACS V2 but some of my wireless devices can't connect to the WIFI, it stuck on Obtaining IP. (but those devices with static IP configured, they connected instantly)

If you reset, don’t restore the configuration. It defeats the purpose of the reset.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, running the latest Beta2. Full of awesome features, can even fine tune with services scripting.

Rock sold! SUPER FAST router. Wow!!!

LookingForMyMojo wrote:
MyPal wrote:
Thank you very much! It looks like a very cool project. Seems to have many of the features I’m looking plus some other great stuff. Hope it can replace the DD-wrt config I have become accustomed.

rjih wrote:
MyPal wrote:
Well I bought an ASUS RS-AC5300 today to replace my Linksys WRT1900AC_V1. I will flash straight to this version. Fingers crossed that ASUS RS-AC5300 will be a stable DD-WRT box.

You may be better served by flashing the ASUS AC5300 with Merlin Firmware. I struggled with dd-wrt on a issue prone WRT3200 for quite some time. I purchased an ASUS AC86U and flashed it with Merlins Firmware. I have not had one issue with the ASUS since it was purchased in January.

trust me, once you try RMerlin, you will love it.
AzureSkydiver
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:59    Post subject: WRT3200ACM keeps dropping YouTube Reply with quote
My kids are complaining that YouTube keeps on dropping with this build.

On the bright side, at least the WiFi connections a lot more stable that the April builds.

As for the known Bonjour bug, I don't care if it exists since there is only one iPhone user in the house and I'm trying to get him to go back to Android.
rjih
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
MyPal wrote:
Yep, running the latest Beta2. Full of awesome features, can even fine tune with services scripting.

The beta you uploaded was posted on 5-7-2018. The final (non beta) release, RT-AC5300_384.5_0.zip, was posted 5-13-2018. I noticed they are the same size, and there may be little to no difference.
1900acv2
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 23:38    Post subject: Bricked my WRT1900ACv2 Reply with quote
I have a WRT1900ACv2 and installed this build after booting to my stock Linksys firmware and selecting the DD-WRT build image from within the Linksys GUI. I have installed new versions of DD-WRT using this same method in the past without any issues at all. However, this build rendered my router inoperable and unable to be reset regardless of method. I had to resort to the USB to TTL cable method in order to get the Linksys firmware installed on the router. I then successfully installed my previous version of DD-WRT. I was then able to successfully install the Jun 1 2018 build using the Administration -> Firmware Upgrade option in DD-WRT. However, I ended up going back to the previous version of DD-WRT as my wireless performance wasn't as good.
MyPal
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 5:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes I have updated since. There appears to be no change. Thanks again.

Apologies for going off topic on this thread. I was a Linksys WRT (DD-WRT) advocate and wanted to buy a new router to replace the WRT1900AC_V1 (for known reasons). Going forward the eggs are currently with WRT32X, its new deployment layout and inherited challenges.

It was time to make a break. I narrowed it down to ASUS RT-AC5300.

I have experienced some new powerful magic and have been converted.

Merlin is at another level. It's understandable when ASUS is so supportive of development with a vendor source base to extend from. Great cooperative effort.

rjih wrote:
MyPal wrote:

The beta you uploaded was posted on 5-7-2018. The final (non beta) release, RT-AC5300_384.5_0.zip, was posted 5-13-2018. I noticed they are the same size, and there may be little to no difference.
joeszef
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 3:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
joeszef wrote:

If you reset, don’t restore the configuration. It defeats the purpose of the reset.

Yeah, did this and still the same reverting to 5-13-2018 build and everything's back to normal.
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Display posts from previous:    Page 2 of 2
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: