YAMon 3.4 - usage monitoring for your router

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 3:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
scope2 wrote:
ddaniel51 wrote:

If your router can't do Yamon and your ISP bandwidth without SFE then it's time for a new router.

My R7000 (without SFE) maxed out at 260Mbps, and it was either living with that (and keep Yamon), or gain another 120Mbps and have to live without Yamon..

Im not looking to spend £400 on a R9000, just to keep Yamon, sorry. Smile

The R7800 will easily handle 380Mb and did 900Mb on my cable system without SFE.

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
Sponsor
LoHF
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 19:40    Post subject: Can no longer reach reports page after upgrading Reply with quote
Hey folks!

I recently upgraded from 3.3.6 to 3.4.4 and now I can no longer reach reports at all!

Whenever I try to I get a ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. I'm running DD-WRT v3.0-r34015M kongac on a R7000 and don't really have anything special going on.

I confirmed that Yamon is running, but otherwise I'm not sure what other troubleshooting I should be doing?

Any help would be much appreciated!
gu3d3s
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 12:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi,

I have this difference between what is measured in the router and in the devices (as can be seen in the picture below) and I would like to know how to correct this problem.

Thaks

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 08.53.35.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  28.8 KB
 Viewed:  3403 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2018-05-28 at 08.53.35.jpg

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 23:59    Post subject: not counting some devices Reply with quote
Hi

I installed YAMon (HTML: 3.4.2 / Script: 3.4.4) on my R6700 netgear yesterday and it was counting/seeing all the data/devices yesterday. today, it is not counting/seeing 2 of my devices.

my set up is: Comcast gateway in bridge mode to Netgear R6700 with DDWRT v3.0-r35030M kongac to netgear R6900 with factory firmware in AP mode.

the 2 devices that are not counting/seeing in YAMon are 2 computers that is connected via ethernet to the R6900. as far as i can tell, all the devices connected to the R6900 via wifi are counted but not the 2 computers that are connected via ethernet.

i have restarted YAMon and still no go.

i have gone into /opt/YAMon3/data/2018/05 and the js file to today and searched for the MAC of my two computers and they are not listed at all. i have searched yesterday's js file and the MAC of my two computers are listed.

any suggestion would be appreciated.
ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 0:54    Post subject: YAMon stopped working with Loading settings from db msg Reply with quote
Al – I’m still set up to use ‘dev’ versions of the YAMon files along with database integration, so it’s possible I’m just caught in the midst of the development process. Over the long weekend I was repeatedly getting a message saying “Updating your settings to the database failed” but YAMon was otherwise working well. Today when I try to start YAMon I only get a message indicating “Loading settings from database”, and nothing further – YAMon stops functioning. I tried a router reboot – but no change. Should I attempt a compare and update sequence? I can send logs and data files if needed.

Also – anyone else having this issue? Or just me?

Mike

Capture1.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  49.67 KB
 Viewed:  3354 Time(s)

Capture1.JPG

Capture.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  18.02 KB
 Viewed:  3354 Time(s)

Capture.JPG

ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 14:11    Post subject: YAMon stopped working with Loading settings from db msg Reply with quote
Al – Just FYI for you. Clearing my browser cache got the reports working again. I noticed that clearing the cache also cleared the checkmark on “Use ‘/dev’ JS & CSS files”, which in turn caused my Live Data page to look odd (for instance missing data in the “bytes” column). However I noticed all my IP addresses were synced (which wasn’t working before).

So, I re-checked the “Use ‘/dev’ …” box, and immediately got the “Saving your updated settings to the database failed” popup. And I noticed that all the IP Address sync information disappeared (back to just having IP addresses – no name data). The “Saving updated settings failed” message pops up with every refresh (120 seconds with my settings). I have to click “Cancel” to clear it, as “OK to save again” just fails again.

So an annoyance for now as I can clear the cache if it fails again. But probably indicating some issues in the code under development.

Thanks
Mike
harrypale
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello, is it possibile to monitor just one interface (not WAN), like ath0 or single eth ports?
mac913
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 15:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
I have over 37 days uptime on my R7000 (Kong Build 35550M) gateway router running HTML: 3.4.2 / Script: 3.4.4 version of YAMon.

Off Site 1

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi & WireGuard - DDWRT r54517 Std
E3000 - Station Bridge - DDWRT r49626 Mega K4.4

Off Site 2

R7000 - Gateway & WiFi - DDWRT r54517 Std
E2000 - Wired ISP IPTV PVR Blocker - DDWRT r35531

YAMon 3.4.6 | DNSCrypt-Proxy V2
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
harrypale wrote:
Hello, is it possibile to monitor just one interface (not WAN), like ath0 or single eth ports?

No. Yamon is designed to monitor LAN/WAN only.

Now, a network app like Wireshark along with an appropriate ethernet hardware tap or programmable switch can monitor single eth ports.

ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 16:26    Post subject: Re: YAMon stopped working with Loading settings from db msg Reply with quote
ColoradoUser wrote:

So, I re-checked the “Use ‘/dev’ …” box, and immediately got the “Saving your updated settings to the database failed” popup. And I noticed that all the IP Address sync information disappeared (back to just having IP addresses – no name data). The “Saving updated settings failed” message pops up with every refresh (120 seconds with my settings). I have to click “Cancel” to clear it, as “OK to save again” just fails again.

So an annoyance for now as I can clear the cache if it fails again. But probably indicating some issues in the code under development.

Thanks
Mike

Checking the dev box is akin to sticking your hand in a dark hole expecting your fingers to either be licked or bitten off.

It is Al's playground you are tapping into and sometimes the results are a neat feature addition or a spectacular failure. It is not an area to complain about results.

ColoradoUser
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:14    Post subject: Re: YAMon stopped working with Loading settings from db msg Reply with quote
ddaniel51 wrote:
ColoradoUser wrote:

Thanks
Mike

Checking the dev box is akin to sticking your hand in a dark hole expecting your fingers to either be licked or bitten off.

It is Al's playground you are tapping into and sometimes the results are a neat feature addition or a spectacular failure. It is not an area to complain about results.

Definitely not complaining - just letting Al know what I see in case it is useful or he wants any further info. I've entered the "dark hole" with full knowledge of the risks (and benefits). With the huge variety of configurations Al can't possibly have visibility into all the interesting results.
Mike
jasontb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 20:21    Post subject: Live_data error Reply with quote
Just got Yamon all setup and it went pretty smooth. My live data page doesn't work though and is throwing this error Error #4 reading the LiveUsage data file: `./js/live_data3.js` Not Found

The only files I have in my js directory are config3.4.js and router.js

I've looked all over but can't find a solution or a place to download the missing file.

Thanks for the help and what appears to be a great piece of software.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 20:05    Post subject: Re: Live_data error Reply with quote
jasontb wrote:
Just got Yamon all setup and it went pretty smooth. My live data page doesn't work though and is throwing this error Error #4 reading the LiveUsage data file: `./js/live_data3.js` Not Found

The only files I have in my js directory are config3.4.js and router.js

I've looked all over but can't find a solution or a place to download the missing file.

Thanks for the help and what appears to be a great piece of software.

In config.file:
_doLiveUpdates='1'
_doCurrConnections=1
_liveFileName='live_data.js'
??

Stop and restart YAMon?

jasontb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote
My config file already had
_doLiveUpdates='1'
_doCurrConnections=1

I changed this line, it had previously said live_data3.js
_liveFileName='live_data.js'

Same problem though
jasontb
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 3:27    Post subject: bump Reply with quote
bump
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 44, 45, 46  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 8 of 46
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: