I've been running a kong build for about 4 years now on my ac68u. I decided I may want to update, I'm hoping that will mitigate any security vulnerabilities which may have been discovered in the past few years. (Sidenote - I hope there's a security thread, and it'd be good to have more clarity/transparency about security risks and mitigations. Perhaps that is available and I'm merely unaware).
so thank you for sharing your experience with the version above. I would love to hear any updates or from anyone else who recently installed a relatively new build on the ASUS AC-68U. I'll share my experience with whichever build I choose. I definitely am disappointed in the lack of clarity and out of date info in the wiki. That being said, I don't have much free time to contribute heavily, so I recognize I'm not helping, just complaining =) Appreciate the work of everyone who makes great firmware, thank you for your effort!
Success on 5 July 2018 with the latest stable build available. More detail:
1. I have an ASUS RT-AC68U B1, running ARM (Broadcom BCM4709).
2. I was running a kongac build from Sep 2015 or so, I believe. I should've captured the details, but I didn't. Sorry. Suffice it to say it was old.
3. I chose the bin file titled: "dd-wrt.v24-K3_AC_ARM_STD.bin" with a timestamp of 2018-02-19 23:38 , size of 22M. Firmware repository found here (for anyone who's not familiar):
4. I initiated the firmware upgrade from my existing DD-WRT admin web interface. I did not reset factory settings, I didn't do a 30-30-30 reset, all of the things I should've done; I did none of them. I think it is recommended to do those things, so your mileage may vary.
5. The firmware update finished in about 60 seconds, and the auto-reboot initiatied.
6. The following CFE miniWebServer screen came up, and I selected "Reboot." I did not restore NVRAM settings, I did not have to initiate any SSH connections, none of that. Just another reboot, and my config came back up as did full connectivity. All done, for now, and working as expected so far (all 60 seconds it's been running =) .
7. I am now running an ASUS RT-AC68U B1 on DD-WRT v3.0-r35030M kongac (02/19/1