NordVPN - Need a new VPN Provider

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Author Message
audioquest
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 31 May 2017
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 19:25    Post subject: NordVPN - Need a new VPN Provider Reply with quote
I have been having VPN drops all the time with Nordvpn.
I am located in California.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding a VPN to use?
I mostly stream.


Thanks to all who replies


Last edited by audioquest on Sat Sep 23, 2017 20:23; edited 1 time in total
Sponsor
spuriousoffspring
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 05 Apr 2017
Posts: 982
Location: South of Heaven, USA

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 20:22    Post subject: Reply with quote
I recommend ipVanish. Very good speeds and plenty of servers to choose from.
_________________
DD-WRT Installation & Setup TUTORIAL
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117

WRT32X DD-WRT Installation Procedure
https://forum.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=315569

IPVanish OpenVPN Client Setup TUTORIAL
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=308565

FIRMWARE: OpenWrt SNAPSHOT r8217-2cc821e / LuCI Master (git-18.276.41146-280dd33)
MODEM: ARRIS SURFBoard SB8200
ROUTER: Linksys WRT32X
USB NAS: Western Digital BLACK 1 TB Hardrive + Startech USB 3.0 External SATA III Enclosure
aventus
DD-WRT User


Joined: 02 May 2014
Posts: 61

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
mullvad.net or airvpn.org
slimbrick87
DD-WRT User


Joined: 10 Jul 2017
Posts: 92

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 23:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've been very happy with IVPN.
_________________
FIRMWARE: 6-20-2018 - r36168
MODEM: ARRIS SURFBoard SB6183
ROUTER: Linksys WRT1900ACS V2
ISP: TWC Spectrum 100 Mbps Download | 10 Mbps Upload
SERVICES: IVPN OpenVPN Client
lim
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 94
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:57    Post subject: VPN Provider Reply with quote
I have been very pleased with ExpressVPN for the last year. Reliable and easy to use on a variety of platforms as well as routers. They have very many servers all around the world and an informative website.
You might find some worthwhile additional advice in the "Advanced Networking" section of this forum.

Regards, lim

_________________
WRT1900ACS v1
WRT3200ACM
Regulatory Domain: UK
GalwayUK
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 May 2017
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 13:54    Post subject: Reply with quote
Have you tried changing nodes. I use nord and PureVPN and sometimes the node you are using is the problem and not the service.
kroolas
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 0:32    Post subject: Re: VPN Provider Reply with quote
lim wrote:
I have been very pleased with ExpressVPN for the last year. Reliable and easy to use on a variety of platforms as well as routers. They have very many servers all around the world and an informative website.
You might find some worthwhile additional advice in the "Advanced Networking" section of this forum.

Regards, lim


Hi Lim,

Did you pass DNS leak test and WebRTC test? Cos I don't.
I'm trying to use them via OpenVPN on my router

_________________
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
DD-WRT v3.0-r42366 std (02/14/20)
Linux 3.10.108-d10 #38381
lim
DD-WRT User


Joined: 01 Feb 2016
Posts: 94
Location: Devon

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 19:16    Post subject: Re: VPN Provider Reply with quote
kroolas wrote:
lim wrote:
I have been very pleased with ExpressVPN for the last year. Reliable and easy to use on a variety of platforms as well as routers. They have very many servers all around the world and an informative website.
You might find some worthwhile additional advice in the "Advanced Networking" section of this forum.

Regards, lim


Hi Lim,

Did you pass DNS leak test and WebRTC test? Cos I don't.
I'm trying to use them via OpenVPN on my router


kroolas,

Yes, both; though I should point out that I am using the bespoke ExpressVPN firmware (based on OpenWRT) that ExpressVPN provide for my routers.

regards, lim

_________________
WRT1900ACS v1
WRT3200ACM
Regulatory Domain: UK
kroolas
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 07 Apr 2014
Posts: 42

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 23:27    Post subject: Re: VPN Provider Reply with quote
lim wrote:
kroolas wrote:
lim wrote:
I have been very pleased with ExpressVPN for the last year. Reliable and easy to use on a variety of platforms as well as routers. They have very many servers all around the world and an informative website.
You might find some worthwhile additional advice in the "Advanced Networking" section of this forum.

Regards, lim


Hi Lim,

Did you pass DNS leak test and WebRTC test? Cos I don't.
I'm trying to use them via OpenVPN on my router


kroolas,

Yes, both; though I should point out that I am using the bespoke ExpressVPN firmware (based on OpenWRT) that ExpressVPN provide for my routers.

regards, lim


Unfortunately my router is not supported and I have to go for manual configuration via OpenVPN. It's bit tricky to avoid DNS leak

_________________
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
DD-WRT v3.0-r42366 std (02/14/20)
Linux 3.10.108-d10 #38381
Display posts from previous:    Page 1 of 1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum