Cheap Router for DD-WRT with Mods

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods
Gorria24
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2018 20:16    Post subject: Cheap Router for DD-WRT with Mods Reply with quote
I wanted to add a new AP in my house, it needs to be a be able to be modded to get the maximum power output. I been looking at Linksys WRT160N but it doesn't look particularly easy to added external antenna or a fan for cooling.

Are there any router that anyone would recommend around £30 mark that I could easy mod to boost up the power output and range ?

Thanks
Sponsor
comicallobster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
I've got a wrt160n v3 and its a good steady switch in my shop. mine is just a switch for a bank of 4 desktops.

catches the internet from an extender its hard lined to. dhcp and wifi are off.

works fine even tho I'm on the wrong firmware for it.

mine was free but it seems to work good. I've read that wireless N on these isn't good or just doesn't work with dd-wrt so that's something to think about.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Hardware DIY / Hardware Mods All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: