Restart OpenVPN after changing wireless settings

fyi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 19:28    Post subject: Restart OpenVPN after changing wireless settings Reply with quote
I'm running OpenVPN server in Bridge (TUN) server mode in r33772 build. Whenever I changed the wireless settings remote clients would lose the ability to reach the local network even though they could connect to and authenticate with the VPN server.

I'm not sure what is causing this but I suspect it may have to do with bridging.

As a workaround, I created a cron job that runs periodically to detect wireless settings changes and restart the OpenVPN service so I can get back onto the local network.

I would be grateful if the devs could add the openvpnserver service to the list of services that are started if the user changed the wireless settings and if the OpenVPN server mode is Bridge(TUN) mode.

BTW it's not necessary to restart openvpnserver service if the OpenVPN server mode is Router(TUN) mode.

This issue appears to be around for years.
Sponsor
fyi
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
I couldn't even copy the radio labels correctly from the GUI Embarassed Thanks for the correction, jxm.

Corrected problem description:
The OpenVPN setup that requires restarting openvpnserver if wireless is changed is "Bridge(TAP)" mode. The "Router(TUN)" mode does not require a restart if wireless is changed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: