Download Speed issue after QOS Enabled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 0:58    Post subject: Re: Bandwidth Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
jenisbob wrote:
ian5142 wrote:
First of all,
Start with the global limits at the top, delete everything else. Once those are working add in other things one at a time.

I don't use per user limits or netmask or anything but global limits and a good chunk of service priorities (netflix, httpvideo, skype, BitTorrent, zip, etc) basically any service that I want to not be set to default priority. Netflix is express, skype is premium, BitTorrent is bulk for example. You need some bulk and some express and possibly some premium.

If you have no bulk, QoS has nothing to reduce the bandwidth of in order to give more to express and premium. Services do require more CPU resources to process then netmask but I find it more fair in my case. I can have 20-30 wireless clients on my network. I have never had to wait for a YouTube video to load.

Mine 2 Netmask Priority Devices are working well and tested 1/1 too..

main problem is Default Bandwidth Level not working , may be i have done wrong setting..

how are you managing 20-30 wireless clients on your network?
means which setting options are you using

Regards

update ur build r33010 is old..if u also have services entered WITH those netmasks, the services are not being applied to the first netmask entry (top most one) this is fixed now

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55797 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55797 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

Sponsor
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:16    Post subject: Re: Bandwidth Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
jenisbob wrote:
ian5142 wrote:
First of all,
Start with the global limits at the top, delete everything else. Once those are working add in other things one at a time.

I don't use per user limits or netmask or anything but global limits and a good chunk of service priorities (netflix, httpvideo, skype, BitTorrent, zip, etc) basically any service that I want to not be set to default priority. Netflix is express, skype is premium, BitTorrent is bulk for example. You need some bulk and some express and possibly some premium.

If you have no bulk, QoS has nothing to reduce the bandwidth of in order to give more to express and premium. Services do require more CPU resources to process then netmask but I find it more fair in my case. I can have 20-30 wireless clients on my network. I have never had to wait for a YouTube video to load.

Mine 2 Netmask Priority Devices are working well and tested 1/1 too..

main problem is Default Bandwidth Level not working , may be i have done wrong setting..

how are you managing 20-30 wireless clients on your network?
means which setting options are you using

Regards

update ur build r33010 is old..if u also have services entered WITH those netmasks, the services are not being applied to the first netmask entry (top most one) this is fixed now

update my forum profile indeed:
i'm using ;
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33645M kongat (11/02/17)
Time: 02:14:53 up 29 min, load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00

ISP: Skynet 60/15 Mbps
jenisbob
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for your Guidance Veterans
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 14:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
jenisbob wrote:
Thanks for your Guidance Veterans

Cheers Mate! Wink

ISP: Skynet 60/15 Mbps
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 Display posts from previous:    Page 3 of 3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: