Can't flash to D-LINK DIR-868L B1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
lepel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 14:45    Post subject: Can't flash to D-LINK DIR-868L B1 Reply with quote
My D-LINK 868L was having having loads of problems, first connecting to the 5GHz band caused the router to restart, and after installing a beta firmware I could only get 10/10 on LAN, though I have a 100/100 fiber connection.

So I decided to see if dd-wrt could solve those problems. I was following the guide at https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-868L but I'm having problems flashing the factory-to-ddwrt.bin.

The guide says "go to Tools -> Firmware", but my interface only has a "Management -> Upgrade" menu, probably because of the newer firmware. So I tried flashing anyway, but got a "Firmware Upgrade failed!" error.

I tried downgrading my firmware, seeing as I'm on 2.05, but could only find a 2.0 Facebook Wifi image. Flashing that and then trying to upgrade using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin image gives me the same "Firmware Upgrade failed!" error.

Does anyone have any idea how to get DD-WRT on my router?

This is my current interface:
Sponsor
slimmswitch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm having the same issue on my 885L.. so annoying
siumonmon
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 15:54    Post subject: Re: Can't flash to D-LINK DIR-868L B1 Reply with quote
lepel wrote:
My D-LINK 868L was having having loads of problems, first connecting to the 5GHz band caused the router to restart, and after installing a beta firmware I could only get 10/10 on LAN, though I have a 100/100 fiber connection.

So I decided to see if dd-wrt could solve those problems. I was following the guide at https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/D-Link_DIR-868L but I'm having problems flashing the factory-to-ddwrt.bin.

The guide says "go to Tools -> Firmware", but my interface only has a "Management -> Upgrade" menu, probably because of the newer firmware. So I tried flashing anyway, but got a "Firmware Upgrade failed!" error.

I tried downgrading my firmware, seeing as I'm on 2.05, but could only find a 2.0 Facebook Wifi image. Flashing that and then trying to upgrade using the factory-to-ddwrt.bin image gives me the same "Firmware Upgrade failed!" error.

This is my current interface:

Try downgrade your firmware first
ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DIR-868L/REVB/
slimmswitch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote
I tried on my 885L right now... i get

"This device may not be downgraded to firmware revisions older than 1.12."

And if i try 1.12 I get upgrade failed. Sad
lepel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 16:11    Post subject: Re: Can't flash to D-LINK DIR-868L B1 Reply with quote
siumonmon wrote:
lepel wrote:

Try downgrade your firmware first
ftp://ftp2.dlink.com/PRODUCTS/DIR-868L/REVB/

Thanks for the link, I downgraded to 2.00 but still the same error when trying to flash factory-to-ddwrt.bin:

Ah-Pin-Kor
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 16:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Did you try to flash using the recovery mode?
It's mentioned in your link in the first post.

Netgear R7800 kongpro 19.07 20190919 || Netgear R7000 36070M kongac (Client Bridge=5GHz, AP=2.4GHz with bridged VAP)
Linksys WRT32X davidc502 OpenWrt || Linksys WRT1200ACv1 Gargoyle 1.11.x
Linksys WRT1900ACSv2 dd-wrt 39956
slimmswitch
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
ok,, recovery mode did the trick

http://support.dlink.ca/FAQView.aspx?f=jWJtGcHXqgGisjXG3mtNXQ%3d%3d
lepel
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2017 11:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Ah-Pin-Kor wrote:
Did you try to flash using the recovery mode?
It's mentioned in your link in the first post.

Yep, recovery mode did the trick! I'm still having some problems though, internet stopped working after a while, will see if this is a problem concerning my modem or if it's the router.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: