YAMon 2.2 Usage Reporting: by device per hr/day/mo or live

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
sribou wrote:
Hi all,

Any suggestion for installation on R7000 on Tomato Shibby
Tried DD WRT / OpenWRT / Linksys => nothing works
Issues on symblink
Issues on directory missing
Blank Page

Many thanks.

SR

How have you formatted your USB drive? FAT32 does not support symlinks.
What sorts of problems are you having? Need more details

Al
Sponsor
MoreBloodWine
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
At this step in the Readme... using FileZilla.

Code:
3. Make sure that `yamon2.sh`, `yamon.startup`, and `yamon.shutdown` (and any other *sh files) all have execute permissions

Anyway, all folders seem to have uploaded with 755 (drwxr-xr-x) with all files being 644 (-rw-r--r--).

What should these be set as to allow the most minimal / requred of permissions ?

This is my first install. After this parts resolved, I guess I can continue to step 6 in the readme as for the initial install it is stated to ignore steps 4 & 5.

Ty.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
MoreBloodWine wrote:

Code:
3. Make sure that `yamon2.sh`, `yamon.startup`, and `yamon.shutdown` (and any other *sh files) all have execute permissions

Anyway, all folders seem to have uploaded with 755 (drwxr-xr-x) with all files being 644 (-rw-r--r--).

What should these be set as to allow the most minimal / requred of permissions ?

This is my first install. After this parts resolved, I guess I can continue to step 6 in the readme as for the initial install it is stated to ignore steps 4 & 5.

Ty.
Ty - pls use YAMon3... The install script will walk you through the process. And will prompt for the permissions. All *.sh files require execute permissions

See http://usage-monitoring.com for the latest version of the installer.

Al
MoreBloodWine
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
MoreBloodWine wrote:

Code:

Ty.
Ty - pls use YAMon3... The install script will walk you through the process. And will prompt for the permissions. All *.sh files require execute permissions

See http://usage-monitoring.com for the latest version of the installer.

Al
So for the time being since nothings been done with Yamon2 really. All I should need to do to "remove" it is delete what I uploaded to the mounted USB drive attached to /opt right ?

Ty.
MoreBloodWine
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
In addition to my last reply...

Code:
_dbkey=''                                    # if not null, this option will sync settings across all of your devices...

Can I assume this is where the "key" obtained from Database Integration goes ?

It seems the answer is clear but not really specified as this is all there is in the settings tab regarding it.

Code:
Copy the string from the field above, paste it into `config.file` on your router, and then run the command `/opt/YAMon3/restart.sh` on your router. Once you have done this, all of your devices will share the same YAMon settings.

Other than the answer from the previous post which I assume is yes and the answer to this new query. Y3 seems to be running fine aside from a curiosity I will ask after receiving the two answers currently in front of you.

Ty.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
MoreBloodWine wrote:
So for the time being since nothings been done with Yamon2 really. All I should need to do to "remove" it is delete what I uploaded to the mounted USB drive attached to /opt right ?

Ty.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
MoreBloodWine
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
My Yamon3 setup seems to be "off" since I did a factory reset and added a newer FW.

Should I redo the install process or something ?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:40    Post subject: Reply with quote
MoreBloodWine wrote:
My Yamon3 setup seems to be "off" since I did a factory reset and added a newer FW.

Yes that is probably what you need. The factory reset likely clear NVRAM and removed your startup script...

Running install.sh again will reconfigure things properly (I hope!)

Al
MoreBloodWine
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
al_c wrote:
MoreBloodWine wrote:

Yes that is probably what you need. The factory reset likely clear NVRAM and removed your startup script...

Running install.sh again will reconfigure things properly (I hope!)

Al
That's just it though. I made not of and replace the start/stop scripts. So curious what a fac reset might have done to Yamon that might be worth noting for future users.

Also, are Yamon files found anywhere other than /opt which is my mounted USB drive ?

I ask because I noticed grouping was still there as well as some weird user stuff even after wiping the USB yamon folder do do a "fresh" install.
ddaniel51
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:17    Post subject: Reply with quote
How about continuing this in the proper YAMon3 thread located here http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324 so this YAMon2 thread
can fade away?

Thank you

Wired AP 3 Unifi Wifi 6 LR US 1Gb LAN
Syslog Services Asustor 7110T NAS 10GB
NetGear XS716T 10GB Switch
download1.dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv2/downloads/betas/ (Brain Slayer)
YAMon https://usage-monitoring.com/index.php
dietertong
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi, I'm new with YAMon, just installed it the other day and had no issues during installation.

However after a few days of use I have one day that has a difference of 6.0GB between local traffic and measured at router. My local traffic says 5.4MB while Measured@Router says 6.0GB

I haven't done any local file transfers, so why would there be such a big discrepancy?
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
dietertong wrote:
Hi, I'm new with YAMon, just installed it the other day and had no issues during installation.

However after a few days of use I have one day that has a difference of 6.0GB between local traffic and measured at router. My local traffic says 5.4MB while Measured@Router says 6.0GB

I haven't done any local file transfers, so why would there be such a big discrepancy?

Dieter - this is an inactive thread for YAMon2.2... the current one is http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324

Do you have the Shortcut Forwarding Engine option enabled in your DD-WRT GUI? If yes, try disabling it. See http://usage-monitoring.com/help/?t=data-differences.

Let me know if this helps,

Al

Last edited by al_c on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:51; edited 1 time in total
DiRTDOG
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 22:58    Post subject: Notification Reply with quote
Hi all, sorry I have not read all 100+ threads, but I did read the website and dont think I saw anything mentioned about sending a notification when I will reach my cap, is this a capability. I would like a notification via email etc on a set limit.

Thanks for all the hard work.
al_c
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:41    Post subject: Re: Notification Reply with quote
DiRTDOG wrote:
Hi all, sorry I have not read all 100+ threads, but I did read the website and dont think I saw anything mentioned about sending a notification when I will reach my cap, is this a capability. I would like a notification via email etc on a set limit.

Thanks for all the hard work.

Thanks for the kudos and the questions..

BTW - as above, this is an inactive thread for an old version of YAMon... the current YAMon 3.x thread http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=289324

Short answer, is the script doesn't actually do that ATM... I'll add that to the to-do list (but it will take some effort to implement that feature).

Al
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 107, 108, 109 Display posts from previous:    Page 109 of 109
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> General Questions All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: