R5 firmware?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
maciekish
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 10:57    Post subject: R5 firmware? Reply with quote
Hi!
I have a la fonera with the 0.7.1 r5 firmware. I have tried two different hold-down-the reset-button procedures several times without any success whatsoever. I still cannot connect to the fonera via SSH, it simply refuses. I also tried chaning the DNS in the fonero to 88.198.165.155, reset and connect thru SSH and it didint work either.. I tried both sshenable.html and setp1.html with step2.html. Nothing works...

What should i do to make it swallow dd-wrt?

Cheers
MS
Sponsor
confused_user
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 11:45    Post subject: Reply with quote
I guess there is no way to hack without a serial console if you have 0.7.1.5.

If I was you, I'd simply get a well supported and better router. E. g. the ASUS WL-500g Premium.
lolo
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 17:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Maybe he came here for help, not commercial advise.
gunnerhkjp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 17:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
This is how I got it to work on the r5.
You need a separate router for this.

The problem is that r5 FONs have the DNS server setting fixed to the FON.COM DNS server which is 213.134.45.129. (Sorry, this is from memory)

So, I changed my router's LAN address to 213.134.45.129, and made sure that the router's WAN DNS server setting pointed to 88.198.165.155 which is kolofonium.
The router's DHCP server was set to serve out LAN addresses from 213.134.45.200 onwards

Connect the FON to the LAN side of the router.

Reboot FON, and let it update. When it trys to access radius01.fon.com to update, it should be forwarded to kolofonium.

If this works, the status page for the FON should say r1.
In my case, I then had to reflash my FON with the r1 firmware from http://rapidshare.com/files/18083671/fonera_0.7.1.1_unpacked.zip.html
TWICE but I'm REALLY unsure if this whole process is necessary.

I then followed the guide at http://uselesshacks.com/?p=23

Once you get SSH, it is smooth sailing, but I spent so long figuring this out and did so many reboots and resets that I don't know what is necessary and what is not.

I hope this works for you.
Dr.Ed
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 17:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
gunnerhkjp wrote:

I just followed the guide, and my 0.7.1R5 was able to get the old firmware during reset. So flashing was no problem! Took me one hour....those fis commands do take time Wink . So it can be done!

Ed
gunnerhkjp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dr.Ed wrote:
gunnerhkjp wrote:

I just followed the guide, and my 0.7.1R5 was able to get the old firmware during reset. So flashing was no problem! Took me one hour....those fis commands do take time Wink . So it can be done!

Ed

The problem was that since my FON came as r5 to begin with, I couldn't downgrade it to anything lower using the reset method.
gunnerhkjp
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 8:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
Further to my last post, I've been talking to people in a Japanese forum.

It seems updated r5s can manually set the DNS server, whereas the new ones which comes stock with r5 does not have the changeable DNS server setting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: