HOWTO: REPEATER MODE in atheros

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
h8red
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 19:54    Post subject: Re: Archer C7 as repeater - Internet stops working after 5-1 Reply with quote
cdnjj wrote:
I'm having the exact same issue as dancfuller reported on my WNDR3700v1. The unit works as a repeater for about 30s then internet traffic stops. All local traffic continues to work fine. An IP renew restarts the 30s clock.

For reference, I started on build 23919 and now am on 30880 with the same results.

Was there a solution?

Same static wifi channel first. Channel width and encryption should be the same of course

Edit: different radios may not work correctly as well. Ideally it should be atheros-atheros setup (Ralink-Atheros works for me)

[Ramips] Nexx WT3020F Openwrt @kernel #4.14.167 (OpenVPN server, Wireguard server, AD blocking, SQM QOS, USB)
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 20:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
different brands are fine for client/client bridge based repeating just not wds

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r55488 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r55460 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r50485 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r50485 std

Sigh.. why do i exist anyway.. | I love you Anthony.. never forget that.. my other 99% that ill never see again..

cdnjj
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:48    Post subject: Re: Archer C7 as repeater - Internet stops working after 5-1 Reply with quote
Quote:

Same static wifi channel first. Channel width and encryption should be the same of course

Edit: different radios may not work correctly as well. Ideally it should be atheros-atheros setup (Ralink-Atheros works for me)

Appreciate the suggestion however I don't believe the issue is wifi connectivity as local subnet traffic works just fine (devices on the main AP can communicate with those on the other side of the repeater and vice versa). In any case I did double check the settings.
phamhien
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:26    Post subject: How to use WDS on Buffalo WZR G300N? Reply with quote
I have a TPLink WT940N router, now I want to use WDS on Buffalo WZR -G300N (dd-wrt fw) to connect to TPLINK as a second AP.
Please tell me how? Thanks!
alex-sh
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote
Just wondering if anyone has a solution for stuck internet connection by using dd-wrt on atheros in client bridge (routed) wireless mode?
ju0n
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
alex-sh wrote:
Just wondering if anyone has a solution for stuck internet connection by using dd-wrt on atheros in client bridge (routed) wireless mode?

Hi,
Try client mode instead. I've spent lot of time trying to configure client bridge (routed) without luck, but client mode works like a charm in TP- link wr1043ND v1.x and Archer C7 v2. The keypoint is to configure a different subnet in client mode router.
Regards,
Cassiopeia
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:09    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi there,

I just tried my luck setting up "Client Bridge (Routed)" mode on my device. As apparently many of you have observed internet connection is lost for devices connected to the secondary router after some time.
I would like to describe my findings:
    - loss of connection takes place after varying durations but always less than 10 min after connection established.
    - de- and reactivating wireless connection on devices after connection loss will reestablish the connection but finally always end with the known problem.
    - connection loss means devices connected to the primary router are no longer able to connect to any device in the upstream path of the secondary router, i.e. neither e.g. the primary router nor any server on the internet via their explicit ip addresses leaving potential DNS problems aside.
    - after connection loss devices connected to the secondary router will still be able to ping its ip address
    - after connection loss devices connected to the primary router will still be able to ping the secondary router's ip address
    - after connection loss the secondary router will still be able to ping the primary router or some other server on the internet via their respective ip addresses
All in all all single steps appear to be functional but unfortunately the chain as a whole fails.

I will try client mode next as suggested and hope for a fix.

TP-Link AC1200 v1.2 (Archer C5) flashed to AC1750 (Archer C7) v2.0
running firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33345 std (09/11/17)
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 15:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
I completely lost here how to set it up for my situation.
I have a main DDWRT router (R7000) and a spare DDWRT router DIR825.

At first i tried several guides that describe Client Bridged without luck, for some reason i was never capable pinging my main router. Wireless connected perfectly fine but i could never tell if it was actually working.

Now i see many reports about Client Bridge being sort of broken and startpost form Sash says to use Client mode and create VAP's

Now i did some reading but i see that for Client mode i should use a different subnet then the subnet used on my main device. This is not exactly what i want. I just want to extend my network using same subnets, same SSID's same passwords etc and have my main router handle DHCP and all that kind of stuff.

Isn't there a a guide somewhere that is up-to-date and perfectly describes how to accomplish this?
Mile-Lile
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
@
bl@d3runn3r

yes, you have it on ours wiki (tatsuya46 wrote it and tested it)

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Qualcomm_Atheros
bl@d3runn3r
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mile-Lile wrote:
@
bl@d3runn3r

yes, you have it on ours wiki (tatsuya46 wrote it and tested it)

https://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Repeater_Bridge#Qualcomm_Atheros

Thanks Wink

I did not see those instructions but after reading them i almost followed the same steps and had a working solution. Only thing i had is that my main router locked up after a period of time and i needed to reboot it. No internet at all at that point.

I'll try @tatsuya46 tonight, maybe i enabled (or disabled) more then needed.

/edit:
Tried @tatsuya46 method with same results. I thought it locked up my router but in fact it reboots my main router (r7000). Since it reboots i don;t have any logging to see why. Going to setup a syslog server to fetch data and check why it reboots.
aftertho
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 16:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello!
I have a DIR-615 E5, Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r30949 std (12/15/16) and i'm trying to use it as a wifi repeater.
I know that some says that is not possible by default but I managed to configure the router as Client Bridge (Routed) to connect to my main wifi router. Internet is working on the DIR-615 via lan cable, but I believe the wifi is not being re-transmitted by it.

The main router is on the 192.168.15.1 range, so I assigned the DIR-615 the IP 192.168.15.50. (also, I reserved this IP on the main router to be used just by the DIR-615.
I can even see the clients on my network on dir-615's DD-WRT control panel...
The main router has the hability of a second DHCP range so that could also be used.

Am I doing someting wrong or forgot something? I'm not an expert in network, but I understand some basics...

If anyone could help me, would save me some bucks.
Thanks!

EDIT: I was missing the virtual interface and connecting in the site survey. Razz now everything seems to run smoothly.
Hemin
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:42    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello,

I have a tp-link 4300 with the last DDWRT firmware as the repeater. Client repeater works Ok but seems DHCP traffic from primary router doesn't go behind the secondary router, so I have to put the static IP on the devices behind the repeater.

Anyone with the same problem?
guyver99
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 22:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hi all,

Just adding my router to the on-going issue that everyone seems to be having. Losing Internet connectivity (only) while local intranet is fine.

Router - Dir-615
DD-wrt firware: v3.0-r32597
Network mode - Client Bridge (Routed)

Ping results shows, host gateway and anything on the local subnet is fine no packet lost.
Ping google.ca, unstable, packet lost, "Request time out", "Destination host unreachable" get a few solid pings then repeat the same intermitten issue.

Is there a different firmware we should try?
try Client mode?
sarumans
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 14:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
royle wrote:
Hello dd-wrt-ers,

The WRT160NL does repeater bridge very well...using new builds.
The wiki is a bit confusing in the atheros area.
make sure -
setup/basic settings/
WAN is disabled
DHCP server is disabled -- it shouldn't even show once you put ath0 into Client Bridge (Routed)
IP should be one within your subnet not being used
gateway should be whatever IP holds your WAN to the world and you should also use this as local DNS assuming that is the box doing the DHCP and holds static leases.
setup/basic settings/advance routing/ set to router
services -- disable DNSMasq
should be using WPA2-aes security
ath0 in Client Bridge (Routed) mode and security must match what it's bridged to
should have different SSID for ath0.1 -- it should be in AP mode
ath0.1 can but does not have to use same WPA2 aes security key

also note that your DHCP lease for your PC will have a different MAC wired than its wireless card MAC. Check that all is correct on your primary router if you want it to have a designated IP
good luck -

hi i configure a wrt160nl like a bridge and connect 2 pc via lan cable but i not see them on my lan and the ping is unreachable .
Can you help me please?

sorry for my english
Aaron012
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 21:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello there, I effectively flashed my 842ND with DD-WRT and set up to repeater mode yet I might want to change some design and don't know how.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 14 of 15
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: