WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yep, didn’t think it would happen but I just drank the LEDE Kool-Aid too. I’m still running r33006 on my wrt3200acm in an opvn client configuration and no issues whatsoever in this setup. That said all the LEDE mentions got me interested at least for the wrt1900acs(v1) since the current dd-wrt build pretty much hosed the 5ghz band on my wrt1900 which I was planning on redeploying. @ elvisimprsntr I purchased one of your cables when you first posted them but haven’t used it until yesterday. They make it so much easier because the TTL cable fits loosely on the board at best. In fact for the wrt1900 I used your cable and drilled a small 7/32 hole just over the back usb ports and ran the USB to TTL Serial Cable inside and just left connected and secured it which small tie wraps so it can’t be pulled out or pushed it.

I had dd-wrt on both partitions so that’s the only way to get Lede on the device. So with the wrt3200 I’m guessing the Serial cable path isn't really necessary because BS mentioned many pages back the he made it so you could flash the stock FW from the dd-wrt UI, so not really seeing a need for the serial cable for this one. I tested the stock FW flash from dd-wrt on the 3200 and it does work nicely but not sure if BS implemented that in for the 1900's ?

To conclude I know this is the dd-wrt 3200 thread and most of the above could apply to the 3200 but I need some schooling on updating wireless drivers in the David build, I see how to remove them but haven’t figured out how to replace them within the David build. I thought it was just a matter of pasting a new link in the Distribution Feed but that was an epic failure. So at the risk of hijacking the thread could someone please advise me how to install/update the wireless drivers after removal? If it is a quick fix post here but if it more than that PM me so you don’t get flamed for posting off topic material, not really worried about me at this point. I just don’t want to drag anyone else down with me. Thanks in advance
Sponsor
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Would suggest you ask your LEDE questions, if davidc502 build, here.
https://forum.openwrt.org/viewtopic.php?id=64949

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:00    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks, myersw will take a look and if I can’t find it I’ll register and post. In the meantime going to stay the course with dd-wrt on the wrt3200...
128bit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw
Smile u've started a cult. thanks for sharing.

05dyna
very nice write up. i may pull my 1900ac out of the attic and use it as an lede mule. lots more reading to do though. is that cable a must if one has lede on both partitions and u want to get back to dd-wrt or stock linksys

also, i played with the 5ghz band tonight on my 3200acm running r33006. something's weird when i'm getting 85+ speeds on the g band at 2.4ghz and barely 30 with the n band at 5ghz. thankfully, it doesn't interfere with streaming at 4k. hopefully, that will be resolved soon.

05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ 128bit Several builds back BS made it so you could flash the stock FW from the dd-wrt UI on the 3200 so theoretically you could have dd-wrt on both partitions flash with the stock and follow along with the guys keeping the stock on one partition, Now with Lede I assume if you have it on both partitions the serial cable is you only way back to stock or dd-wrt

The custom cable elvisimprsntr had made is nice because you get a secure fit because you don’t want the cable moving around while you’re flashing. If you have $3 get one anyway with a serial cable because you never know. I’ll update the post with a image of the elvisimprsntr cable

EDIT: Added a few pics, again going to assume the 1200, 1900 and 3200 are all the same platform so pay attention to the front and back screws. Front screws are fine thread and rear screws are coarse thread so good chance the same on the 3200. Also I have the cable in the cutout on the heatsink so may need to re-route if it gets too hot. The antenna cable appears to be heavier and/or shielded.

Since you could flash back to stock from dd-wrt this is overkill for the 3200 but I could see the connector wearing out pulling it off/on so figured just leave it in for this one since it for my use only..
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 4:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is a writeup somewhere on Openwrt site on how to flash Linksys firmware on a router that has LEDE on both partitions without using a serial cable.
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:

The custom cable elvisimprsntr had made is nice because you get a secure fit because you don’t want the cable moving around while you’re flashing.

Glad the cable is working out for more than just myself.

If you don't want to drill holes in the housing, you can carefully remove the pins on the 6-pin connector side using a small flat head screw driver, then route them through the existing vent holes on the top or bottom. Or you can simply route the cable out through one of the feet without having to unpin the connector.

Last edited by elvisimprsntr on Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:08; edited 1 time in total
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:50    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ myersw or you may be able to find it here... prior to BS making the firmware mod to dd-wrt someone documented a non-serial cable method here in this thread so what are the odds its the same? IIRC something like using WinSCP to drop the files on router prior to running the commands. I went for the serial mod in the event that I brick it. The cable could always be removed and the hole could be filled with JB Weld, you’ll never know it was there.

@ elvisimprsntr yes, nice snug fit. Thanks for the cable! I’ll leave it in there until I decide what direction the 1900 is headed.
adi-brasov
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
runing 33129 on wrt3200acm.
seems that openvpn server is not working :

OpenSSL: error:140AB18E:lib(20):func(171):reason(398)
Cannot load certificate file cert.pem

looks like an openssl error, and i see some work regarding openssl on svn.
maybe already fixed and maybe available soon.
elvisimprsntr

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
128bit wrote:

@elvisimprsntr
i'm getting the sense that u may be more interested in selling equipment here. i still appreciate your comments.

To be honest, it’s a PITA, especially when USPS looses one and I end up taking it in the shorts. I could mail them with a tracking number, but I doubt many would be willing to pay over $4 in shipping for a $2.49 item. First class, non-machinable envelope postage (domestic and international) was the lowest rate I could find. If it helps out the community, I’m willing to make the sacrifice.

There are only 17 left of the original 100. The question is if the demand high enough for me to front the cost of another 100.

Last edited by elvisimprsntr on Tue Aug 15, 2017 13:17; edited 1 time in total
cossie1
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 12:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
@ 128bit Several builds back BS made it so you could flash the stock FW from the dd-wrt UI on the 3200 so theoretically you could have dd-wrt on both partitions flash with the stock and follow along with the guys keeping the stock on one partition, Now with Lede I assume if you have it on both partitions the serial cable is you only way back to stock or dd-wrt

The custom cable elvisimprsntr had made is nice because you get a secure fit because you don’t want the cable moving around while you’re flashing. If you have $3 get one anyway with a serial cable because you never know. I’ll update the post with a image of the elvisimprsntr cable

EDIT: Added a few pics, again going to assume the 1200, 1900 and 3200 are all the same platform so pay attention to the front and back screws. Front screws are fine thread and rear screws are coarse thread so good chance the same on the 3200. Also I have the cable in the cutout on the heatsink so may need to re-route if it gets too hot. The antenna cable appears to be heavier and/or shielded.

Since you could flash back to stock from dd-wrt this is overkill for the 3200 but I could see the connector wearing out pulling it off/on so figured just leave it in for this one since it for my use only..

I used this method when I needed to remove dd-wrt.

Credit goes to whoever did the guide (can't remember who or where I found it), but it worked a treat for me.

Create a McDebian WRT3200ACM V1 rootfs USB Key\Drive

Code:
https://github.com/Chadster766/McDebian/wiki/3.-Make-Root-File-System

Copy FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.5.176416_prod.img to the USB Key\Drive
Enable SSH to Telnet in DD-WRT
Enable Core USB Support, USB Storage and Automount in DD-WRT
Plug the McDebian rootfs USB Key into the router and reboot
SSH or Telnet into DD-WRT
Run the "mount" commad to see where the USB Drive was automounted (Ex: /tmp/mnt/sda1)
Run the below commands one at a time substituting if needed the path for the USB key

Code:

mount -t proc none /tmp/mnt/sda1/proc
mount -o bind /dev /tmp/mnt/sda1/dev

chroot /tmp/mnt/sda1

flash_erase /dev/mtd5 0 0
flash_erase /dev/mtd6 0 0
flash_erase /dev/mtd7 0 0
flash_erase /dev/mtd8 0 0

nandwrite -p /dev/mtd5 FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.5.176416_prod.img
nandwrite -p /dev/mtd7 FW_WRT3200ACM_1.0.5.176416_prod.img
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
elvisimprsntr wrote:
128bit wrote:

@elvisimprsntr
i'm getting the sense that u may be more interested in selling equipment here. i still appreciate your comments.

To be honest, it’s a PITA, especially when USPS looses one and I end up taking it in the shorts. I could mail them with a tracking number, but I doubt many would be willing to pay over $4 in shipping for a $2.49 item. First class, non-machinable envelope postage (domestic and international) was the lowest rate I could find. If it helps out the community, I’m willing to make the sacrifice.

There are only 17 left of the original 100. The question is if the demand high enough for me to front the cost of another 100.

@elvisimprsntr
Thanks for making these avilable. Am sure they have helped more then one person needing to get Linksys firmware back on a router.
I purchased on when I first saw your announcement. Fortunately I have not had to use it as am careful with the wrt3200 to always have the Linksys firmware available. Purchased for the day when Bill messes up.

gufus
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
There is a writeup somewhere on Openwrt site on how to flash Linksys firmware on a router that has LEDE on both partitions without using a serial cable.

Yes.

use uboot commands, and a usb storage device to hold the image tobe flashed.

128bit
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 14:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:

thanks so much for the info and pics.

kavok
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 2:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
So I ended up using 2017/08-03-2017-r33006/linksys-wrt3200acm/ddwrt-linksys-wrt3200acm-webflash.bin on my WRT3200ACM because when I tried factory-to-ddwrt.bin it gave me an error message about it not being the right full type or something.

Now the router is just flashing the power light. No wifi networks are visible and plugging into the LAN ports doesn't grab and IP from DHCP. Is the router hosed? How do I recover from this?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 145, 146, 147 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 146 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: