WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Author Message
aairon
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 587
Location: Antigua/Seattle

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 16:21    Post subject: Reply with quote
I was running r33129 yesterday when 5 Ghz dropped again as well as the wireless basic info was a blank page.

I loaded the firmware directly without clearing Nvram.

I did that because I've read from the powers that be that erase nvram was NOT necessary anymore.

So I've done Erase nvram and reboot and reset all my parameters and am still logging serial data.

I'm hoping that my install was corrupt and maybe this one will work, time will tell.

I'm stressing out the 5 ghz 2.4 ghz and three wired clients streaming wide bandwidth data.

This will normally have issues within a few hours.
Sponsor
gufus
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 569
Location: behind the screen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 19:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
gufus wrote:

C'est la vie! "


How true. Very Happy


IMHO

It's best to use these //ftp.dd-wrt.com/betas/2017/ builds

Unless users want to test day-in-day-out builds.

_________________
WRT3200ACM openwrt 18.06.4
WRT3200ACM dd-wrt r40854
WRT54GL dd-wrt r21676
gufus
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 569
Location: behind the screen

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
I was running r33129 yesterday when 5 Ghz dropped again as well as the wireless basic info was a blank page.

I loaded the firmware directly without clearing Nvram.

I did that because I've read from the powers that be that erase nvram was NOT necessary anymore.

So I've done Erase nvram and reboot and reset all my parameters and am still logging serial data.

I'm hoping that my install was corrupt and maybe this one will work, time will tell.

I'm stressing out the 5 ghz 2.4 ghz and three wired clients streaming wide bandwidth data.

This will normally have issues within a few hours.


It's fine if you want to report here about wifi issues (but useless)

BS or anyone else Can fix it, thats upto Marvell International Ltd.

_________________
WRT3200ACM openwrt 18.06.4
WRT3200ACM dd-wrt r40854
WRT54GL dd-wrt r21676
myersw
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 1609
Location: SE Michigan USA

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 21:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
I do find it interesting folks over on LEDE do not seem to have the wireless issues as folks here.
Same Marvell drivers.
Currently running r4651 and wireless driver is
strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3"
10.3.4.0-20170810

_________________
Unifi Security Gateway: Unifi Firmware
Netgear r7800: Voxel Firmware
Modem:Netgear CM500V voice and Data.
ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 587
Location: Antigua/Seattle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 0:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
aairon wrote:
I was running r33129 yesterday when 5 Ghz dropped again as well as the wireless basic info was a blank page.

I loaded the firmware directly without clearing Nvram.

I did that because I've read from the powers that be that erase nvram was NOT necessary anymore.

So I've done Erase nvram and reboot and reset all my parameters and am still logging serial data.

I'm hoping that my install was corrupt and maybe this one will work, time will tell.

I'm stressing out the 5 ghz 2.4 ghz and three wired clients streaming wide bandwidth data.

This will normally have issues within a few hours.


It's fine if you want to report here about wifi issues (but useless)

BS or anyone else Can fix it, thats upto Marvell International Ltd.

I am reporting NOT for BS or anyone who can fix it I'm reporting it for other users who may wonder why theyre experiencing such things. BS already knows all about it and has been working diligently on the issue as it is effecting many people. The versions youre running have some very fundamental flaws but if you like it , it doesn't matter to you pass on by and ignore my posts by all means.

r33129
WRT3200ACM
Working flawlessly for 16 hours, the longest for my set up since the WRT3200ACM came out.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 587
Location: Antigua/Seattle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 0:59    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
I do find it interesting folks over on LEDE do not seem to have the wireless issues as folks here.
Same Marvell drivers.
Currently running r4651 and wireless driver is
strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3"
10.3.4.0-20170810


The git says otherwise, I do know they are having LESS folks who are complaining about it but there is someone who just came on and said he's running the latest LEDE with the 10.3.4.0-20170810 driver and is experiencing 5 ghz dropouts but I don't know for sure he is actually running this "new" driver. As far as I know those builds that have been posted for DD-wrt don't have this driver.

After the erase Nvram and reboot this r33129 is great I hope it holds up to the traffic.
AjkayAlan
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 18 Jun 2017
Posts: 9

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:48    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:


The git says otherwise, I do know they are having LESS folks who are complaining about it but there is someone who just came on and said he's running the latest LEDE with the 10.3.4.0-20170810 driver and is experiencing 5 ghz dropouts but I don't know for sure he is actually running this "new" driver. As far as I know those builds that have been posted for DD-wrt don't have this driver.

After the erase Nvram and reboot this r33129 is great I hope it holds up to the traffic.


Hey there, you may be referring to me. Indeed I am running the latest driver (using the LEDE image the driver maintainer built). I will try and also reproduce the 5GHz drop on BrainSlayer's build as well.
aairon
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 18 Aug 2009
Posts: 587
Location: Antigua/Seattle

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 15:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
AjkayAlan wrote:
aairon wrote:


The git says otherwise, I do know they are having LESS folks who are complaining about it but there is someone who just came on and said he's running the latest LEDE with the 10.3.4.0-20170810 driver and is experiencing 5 ghz dropouts but I don't know for sure he is actually running this "new" driver. As far as I know those builds that have been posted for DD-wrt don't have this driver.

After the erase Nvram and reboot this r33129 is great I hope it holds up to the traffic.


Hey there, you may be referring to me. Indeed I am running the latest driver (using the LEDE image the driver maintainer built). I will try and also reproduce the 5GHz drop on BrainSlayer's build as well.

Yes indeed, I see that your post was referenced in a LEDE thread as well.

I found that, like others My wrt3200acm recovered and rebooted by itself during the night.

I have all logs. I'd imagine that amny people who don't need a constant up time for 5 Ghz may NEVER even think there is a problem.

Those people are all probably thinking the same thing as the person who posted earlier about not posting this info here "because nobody here can help",

I was just trying to warn anyone who does need reliable 5 Ghz link DO NOT use any builds newer then r32597.
I also saw your latest post we have to wait for them to wake up Smile .
gufus
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 04 Aug 2012
Posts: 569
Location: behind the screen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 21:12    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
The versions youre running have some very fundamental flaws but if you like it , it doesn't matter to you pass on by and ignore my posts by all means.



First:
You have no idea what I run (or modified) or
who I test for.

Second:
Thou Shalt NOT excessively annoy others or
allow Thyself to become excessively annoyed

bye

_________________
WRT3200ACM openwrt 18.06.4
WRT3200ACM dd-wrt r40854
WRT54GL dd-wrt r21676
myersw
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 1609
Location: SE Michigan USA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 23:11    Post subject: Reply with quote
gufus wrote:
aairon wrote:
The versions youre running have some very fundamental flaws but if you like it , it doesn't matter to you pass on by and ignore my posts by all means.



First:
You have no idea what I run (or modified) or
who I test for.

Second:
Thou Shalt NOT excessively annoy others or
allow Thyself to become excessively annoyed

bye


@gufus
Totally agree.

_________________
Unifi Security Gateway: Unifi Firmware
Netgear r7800: Voxel Firmware
Modem:Netgear CM500V voice and Data.
ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
128bit
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 132
Location: NC, USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
I do find it interesting folks over on LEDE do not seem to have the wireless issues as folks here.
Same Marvell drivers.
Currently running r4651 and wireless driver is
strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3"
10.3.4.0-20170810


u're killin' me! i want to try lede so bad now, i can taste it. if u can share a url for starters or a primer of sorts - ui or how to install, i'd be most appreciative. again, 33006 seems fine for me but, i'm definitely up for learning another tool if it means stability.

it's ppl with knowledge like u, that ultimately inspire the developers to make these builds better. i do hope no one sees this as an attack on mr. slayer or any other developer. i see it as support. hell, when my team did development, we were always looking over our shoulder at the comp.

many thanks for all u've done on this board.

_________________
asus rt-ac86u stock: 3.0.0.4.384_45149
wrt3200acm: r34578 {sunset}
"why nibble when u can take a byte."
myersw
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 13 Jun 2006
Posts: 1609
Location: SE Michigan USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 17:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
128bit wrote:
myersw wrote:
I do find it interesting folks over on LEDE do not seem to have the wireless issues as folks here.
Same Marvell drivers.
Currently running r4651 and wireless driver is
strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3"
10.3.4.0-20170810


u're killin' me! i want to try lede so bad now, i can taste it. if u can share a url for starters or a primer of sorts - ui or how to install, i'd be most appreciative. again, 33006 seems fine for me but, i'm definitely up for learning another tool if it means stability.

it's ppl with knowledge like u, that ultimately inspire the developers to make these builds better. i do hope no one sees this as an attack on mr. slayer or any other developer. i see it as support. hell, when my team did development, we were always looking over our shoulder at the comp.

many thanks for all u've done on this board.

Should you want to try LEDE I would suggest davidc502's builds. These come with the Luci interface (web interface), in other words a web UI for configuration. This is the build I use. The basic LEDE or Openwrt download does not include a web interface so you get to configure text config files. Way I started. Davidc502's latest builds are found here.
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/
The squashfs-factory is for flashing from the Linksys UI. I would not recommend trying to flash LEDE from the DD-WRT UI.
The LEDE folks have a web site with doc on installing and configuring. That is found here.
https://lede-project.org/

So first thing is do some reading then get the Linksys firmware on if it has been overlaid. Then install LEDE through Linksys UI and set things up. LEDE is much more centered on a basic understanding of linux to accomplish somethings, but the basic configuration of wireless, etc can be done through the web interface.

_________________
Unifi Security Gateway: Unifi Firmware
Netgear r7800: Voxel Firmware
Modem:Netgear CM500V voice and Data.
ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
elvisimprsntr
DD-WRT User


Joined: 15 Nov 2008
Posts: 149

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 18:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
128bit wrote:
myersw wrote:
I do find it interesting folks over on LEDE do not seem to have the wireless issues as folks here.
Same Marvell drivers.
Currently running r4651 and wireless driver is
strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3"
10.3.4.0-20170810


u're killin' me! i want to try lede so bad now, i can taste it. if u can share a url for starters or a primer of sorts - ui or how to install, i'd be most appreciative. again, 33006 seems fine for me but, i'm definitely up for learning another tool if it means stability.

it's ppl with knowledge like u, that ultimately inspire the developers to make these builds better. i do hope no one sees this as an attack on mr. slayer or any other developer. i see it as support. hell, when my team did development, we were always looking over our shoulder at the comp.

many thanks for all u've done on this board.


I've found the easiest way to flash LEDE is with a USB to TTL adapter and TFTP.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=1090467#1090467

If you are going to continue to try different firmware and builds, I highly recommend getting one and knowing how to.

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheElvisImprsntr/
p0gg
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 15 May 2017
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 19:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
so if lede/openwrt wins in stability... who wins in terms of speed/performance? dd wrt vs lede 😃

myersw wrote:
128bit wrote:
myersw wrote:
I do find it interesting folks over on LEDE do not seem to have the wireless issues as folks here.
Same Marvell drivers.
Currently running r4651 and wireless driver is
strings /lib/modules/*.*/mwlwifi.ko | grep "^10.3"
10.3.4.0-20170810


u're killin' me! i want to try lede so bad now, i can taste it. if u can share a url for starters or a primer of sorts - ui or how to install, i'd be most appreciative. again, 33006 seems fine for me but, i'm definitely up for learning another tool if it means stability.

it's ppl with knowledge like u, that ultimately inspire the developers to make these builds better. i do hope no one sees this as an attack on mr. slayer or any other developer. i see it as support. hell, when my team did development, we were always looking over our shoulder at the comp.

many thanks for all u've done on this board.

Should you want to try LEDE I would suggest davidc502's builds. These come with the Luci interface (web interface), in other words a web UI for configuration. This is the build I use. The basic LEDE or Openwrt download does not include a web interface so you get to configure text config files. Way I started. Davidc502's latest builds are found here.
https://davidc502sis.dynamic-dns.net/
The squashfs-factory is for flashing from the Linksys UI. I would not recommend trying to flash LEDE from the DD-WRT UI.
The LEDE folks have a web site with doc on installing and configuring. That is found here.
https://lede-project.org/

So first thing is do some reading then get the Linksys firmware on if it has been overlaid. Then install LEDE through Linksys UI and set things up. LEDE is much more centered on a basic understanding of linux to accomplish somethings, but the basic configuration of wireless, etc can be done through the web interface.

_________________
Thankyou BrainSlayer & Kong for all the hard work <3

Linksys EA9300 - Trying to sell
Linksys WRT3200acm - Trash
Linksys EA8500 - Giveaway
Linksys WRT1900AC - RMA

Asus AC88U - Latest RMerlin = GGs
128bit
DD-WRT User


Joined: 03 May 2017
Posts: 132
Location: NC, USA

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 23:39    Post subject: Reply with quote
@myersw
I've been reading david's forum (many thanks) for a couple weeks now. have already downloaded his latest build but i've yet to have something i can read that lets me know what the ui will be like. all i really need is nas services as i'm using vpn via win 10. i'll continue digging though.

never did linux but have some familiarity with unix so writing a script shouldn't be too much of a scare for me.

i know some gave u the business for keeping linksys fw but to me, that's good practice.

@elvisimprsntr
i'm getting the sense that u may be more interested in selling equipment here. i still appreciate your comments.


update:i have been running for 5 - 6 days straight on r33006 until yesterday. my canon mx892 died and i could not connect the hp replacement until i rebooted. considering all the hoop-la about hp printer connectivity, i'm gonna blame hp.

_________________
asus rt-ac86u stock: 3.0.0.4.384_45149
wrt3200acm: r34578 {sunset}
"why nibble when u can take a byte."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 145 of 199
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum