Linksys ea8500 port is ready

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 123, 124, 125  Next
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ jerrytouille - thanks for the heads-up, just did a clean install and have most settings restored. Just need to setup QOS again but all looks good so far...

Thank you Kong!
Sponsor
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 18:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Kong build 08/09 is out!
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 19:35    Post subject: Reply with quote
jerrytouille wrote:

User name should be town crier Lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 21:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Malachi wrote:
jerrytouille wrote:

User name should be town crier Lol

Ha - getting used to the update from jerrytouille .... I don't have to bang around on Kong's server to check

DD-WRT v3.0-r33010M kongat (08/08/17)
Linux 3.18.63 #144 SMP PREEMPT Tue Aug 8 12:22:47 CEST 2017 armv7l
I played with this some and it seems to be good.
Openvpn server good. Also setup ovpn client and connected to some other dd-wrt units running ovpn server
scattered around the world.... so all that is veddy good.
Probably will never run r33010M on main router --- unbound still borked and Mr. K may
never fix it since I think only 2 ~ 3 of us in the whole world like using it. I am currently running
this build on the EA8500 WAP w/ovpn server ... booted back to it after one of BS nightly builds
borked the ovpn server. Don't know how you fretgear people get by with only one bootable firmware on
your unit --- I'm about ready to yang chains somewheres about getting a multi-boot unit ...
at least 3 ~ 4 bootable -- now I could play w/that Laughing

Main dd-wrt public releases have been solid on the EA8500 for a long time now....although I haven't
checked the factory-to-ddwrt.img for 1st install in a long time. I would still advise to always use
the .img from Kong's r31240 or get one from my site.
'bout all I know
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 23:18    Post subject: Reply with quote
DD-WRT v3.0-r33010M kongat (08/09/17)
Linux 3.18.63 #146 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 9 19:55:34 CEST 2017 armv7l

looks about same as previous to me.
unbound dead --- not sure why it hangs telnet access when its enabled Question
ovpn stuff good
I did a reset ... took a few clicks on the apply settings before
the 5GHz would actually come alive on VHT80 CH36.
GUI wireless status showed CH unknown for long time till got it to
take hold ... seems to be working ... just an oddity --- this box prolly getting tired of me poking at it
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
@ mrjcd so it's a re-release or r33010M?
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:32    Post subject: Reply with quote
05dyna wrote:
@ mrjcd so it's a re-release or r33010M?

yeahuh .... but not sure what changes were made.
Everything I use worked ok but --- Recursive DNS Resolving has been broke on last several Kong builds....
...The new DNSMasq DNSSEC validation & DNSCrypt seems to work ok together if you're on the right DNS servers
or just using DNSSEC validation but taint da same as unbound.
I been tinkering with it for a while and I just like unbound --- although if you are using openVPN
client (on dd-wrt) within your network there is NO way to get around using unbound as DNS. No matter
what the ovpn server says your DNS will always be resolved and shown back to your own IP, if you know what I mean.
Actually the only way to get around unbound within a network is using individual ovpn clients or you can
get around it using another router if using DNSCrypt ...alright then I'm just rambling.
To answer your question -- I'm sure Kong just made some minor adjustments somewhere that may/may not affect your config Smile

EDIT:
I usually copy the info (timestamp) off site e.g.-
Code:
ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin      2017-08-09 20:01   24M

This one was easy cause has different date than previous but Mr. K has been known to
change the build several times a day using same revision number.
Once you install another clue would be the number after the kernel version --
Linux 3.18.63 #146
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:52    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think below was what got fixed... but it now breaks my ath0 chan 161 LL (-6) selection to chan 157.

<Kong> wrote:
wabe wrote:
Router: Asus RT-AC68U
Firmware: DD-WRT v3.0-r33010M kongac (08/08/17)
Reset: no (ddup --flash-latest
Errors: Everything works but have the following entries in the syslog

Code:

Aug 9 16:08:00 Guardian2 user.info : Maybe udhcpd had died, we need to re-exec it
Aug 9 16:10:00 Guardian2 user.info : Maybe udhcpd had died, we need to re-exec it
Aug 9 16:12:00 Guardian2 user.info : Maybe udhcpd had died, we need to re-exec it
Aug 9 16:14:00 Guardian2 user.info : Maybe udhcpd had died, we need to re-exec it
Aug 9 16:16:00 Guardian2 user.info : Maybe udhcpd had died, we need to re-exec it
Aug 9 16:18:00 Guardian2 user.info : Maybe udhcpd had died, we need to re-exec it
Aug 9 16:20:00 Guardian2 user.info : Maybe udhcpd had died, we need to re-exec it

The process monitoring fix revealed another bug:-)
I already fixed it locally.
05dyna
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nice, great info thanks mrjcd ! I’ll upgrade tomorrow as a clean install so I don’t hose the router tonight while everything is working
lexridge
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:51    Post subject: Reply with quote
I think I will continue to stick with 32470M for now. It is working fairly well and I have so much shit going on right now in life, I don't have time to beta test buggy builds, as it seems they are presently. Soon I will be back for testing. In a month or two. I will continue monitoring this thread for a good release. Until then......
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
lexridge wrote:
I think I will continue to stick with 32470M for now. It is working fairly well and I have so much shit going on right now in life, I don't have time to beta test buggy builds, as it seems they are presently. Soon I will be back for testing. In a month or two. I will continue monitoring this thread for a good release. Until then......

If I remember correctly you liked to use Recursive DNS Resolving also.
It works perfectly fine with dd-wrt release r33006.
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 15:04    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hello all,

After reading all these post and following all the issue's,
I considerd flashing my LinksysAC2600(m.EA8500) to the latest firmware here avaible, and that would be for now the r330010m
or around that, just placing this forum threath on favorites, to follow any update's or comfirm any problems, hope you guys could help me out leading the way of a correct installed firmware.
as i've done research you first have to instal the factory to ddwrt(so in my case it would be: EA8500WW-factory-to-ddwrt.img)
and then after boot up i need to instal ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin, is this the correct way ?

Im using LinksysEA8500 Non Us firmware, im from EU(Belgium)
And my latest update on the Linksys now giving great results for download/upload speeds, aswell for the MU-MIMO technoligy.

Hoping to get the same result or even better results after any adjustments.
After Instal? Should i configure any settings in the firmware to make it run smoothly,Im just using as a router behind my Modem/Router from my isp, to use as DHCP and giving out other Ip adresses connected to my router then ISP Modem.

Should i configure anything, im not really a proffesion in doing this or any network related engineering.

Thanks for reading, and hoping to get some good responses out of this so i can continue my journey to the world of DD-wrt.
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 15:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
Hello all,

I considerd flashing my LinksysAC2600(m.EA8500) to the latest firmware here avaible, and that would be for now the r330010m
or around that, just placing this forum threath on favorites, to follow any update's or comfirm any problems, hope you guys could help me out leading the way of a correct installed firmware.
as i've done research you first have to instal the factory to ddwrt(so in my case it would be: EA8500WW-factory-to-ddwrt.img)
and then after boot up i need to instal ddwrt-Linksys-EA8500.bin, is this the correct way ?

And my latest update on the Linksys now giving great results for download/upload speeds, aswell for the MU-MIMO technoligy.

After Instal? Should i configure any settings in the firmware to make it run smoothly,Im just using as a router behind my Modem/Router from my isp, to use as DHCP and giving out other Ip adresses connected to my router then ISP Modem.

Should i configure anything, im not really a proffesion in doing this or any network related engineering.

Thanks for reading, and hoping to get some good responses out of this so i can continue my journey to the world of DD-wrt.
For first install use --
http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/r31240/EA8500WW-factory-to-ddwrt.img
Then you use whatever EA8500 .bin build you want.
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 15:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
Hello all,

For first install use --

How comes your file your linking here has different size ?
I got mine from the regular directory?

mine is : 24.353kb
yours 24.273
Mr.FlowTastiX
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 16:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
mrjcd wrote:
Mr.FlowTastiX wrote:
Hello all,

For first install use --

And should i flash the same .img file 2 times, so it is in the second boot partition aswell ? or how should i do that.
thanks for the help
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 71, 72, 73 ... 123, 124, 125  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 72 of 125
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: