R7800 Discussion - 2017

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Author Message
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 15 Dec 2010
Posts: 4339
Location: Germany

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 21:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
rawd wrote:
Is OpenVPN client working with SFE yet

edit: according to Broadcom thread for r33010M, nope


According to a user https traffic over vpn is not working when sfe is enabled and policy based routing is configured, I did not verify this, but for the time beeing in my builds sfe is automatically disabled when policy based routing is used.

Other than that SFE and VPN is working.

_________________
KONG PB's: http://www.desipro.de/ddwrt/
KONG Info: http://tips.desipro.de/
Sponsor
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7467
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 22:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
rawd wrote:
Is OpenVPN client working with SFE yet

edit: according to Broadcom thread for r33010M, nope


According to a user https traffic over vpn is not working when sfe is enabled and policy based routing is configured, I did not verify this, but for the time beeing in my builds sfe is automatically disabled when policy based routing is used.

Other than that SFE and VPN is working.


is softether still & http://svn.dd-wrt.com/changeset/33046 included in the build?

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r46681 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r46350 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r46329 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
rawd
DD-WRT User


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 22:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
rawd wrote:
Is OpenVPN client working with SFE yet

edit: according to Broadcom thread for r33010M, nope


According to a user https traffic over vpn is not working when sfe is enabled and policy based routing is configured, I did not verify this, but for the time beeing in my builds sfe is automatically disabled when policy based routing is used.

Other than that SFE and VPN is working.


Ah great news will try it out
mrjcd
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 31 Jan 2015
Posts: 5405
Location: Texas

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2017 22:37    Post subject: Reply with quote
rawd wrote:
<Kong> wrote:
rawd wrote:
Is OpenVPN client working with SFE yet

edit: according to Broadcom thread for r33010M, nope


According to a user https traffic over vpn is not working when sfe is enabled and policy based routing is configured, I did not verify this, but for the time beeing in my builds sfe is automatically disabled when policy based routing is used.

Other than that SFE and VPN is working.


Ah great news will try it out

r33010M kongat (08/08/17) on the ea8500
ovpn client works just fine
policy based routing works just fine
I have SFE is disabled cause I have no use for it.

ovpn server works just fine too Smile
rawd
DD-WRT User


Joined: 06 Jan 2014
Posts: 175

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 13:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
rawd wrote:
Is OpenVPN client working with SFE yet

edit: according to Broadcom thread for r33010M, nope


According to a user https traffic over vpn is not working when sfe is enabled and policy based routing is configured, I did not verify this, but for the time beeing in my builds sfe is automatically disabled when policy based routing is used.

Other than that SFE and VPN is working.


Wait does this mean that when policy based routing is detected, SFE is disabled on the router? .... or SFE disabled only on the devices being used in policy based routing , other devices not involved in the policy based routing use SFE.

edit: It shuts it off completely. I've just tried it.


Last edited by rawd on Thu Aug 10, 2017 14:23; edited 1 time in total
RandomJerk
DD-WRT User


Joined: 08 Jun 2016
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 16:54    Post subject: Firmware version of the latest build? Reply with quote
Can anyone please let me know the firmware version of the latest Kong build?

I used multiple Kong builds with the firmware ver 10.4-3.4-00082 api 5, and it had some bugs which caused my 5 Ghz radio to crash. Want to make sure if there is a new firmware version now, that could have hopefully fixed the issue. I have switched to LEDE meanwhile.
jerrytouille
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 1301

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 18:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
New Kong build 08/09 is out!
http://desipro.de/ddwrt/K3-AC-IPQ806X/
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7467
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 20:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
still r33010, no change to sfe qos, but the patch is broken anyway http://svn.dd-wrt.com/ticket/5920#comment:4
_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r46681 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r46350 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r46329 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7467
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 20:08    Post subject: Re: Firmware version of the latest build? Reply with quote
RandomJerk wrote:
Can anyone please let me know the firmware version of the latest Kong build?

I used multiple Kong builds with the firmware ver 10.4-3.4-00082 api 5, and it had some bugs which caused my 5 Ghz radio to crash. Want to make sure if there is a new firmware version now, that could have hopefully fixed the issue. I have switched to LEDE meanwhile.


cause thats all qca has given,

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/tree/master/QCA9984/hw1.0

https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/qsdk/oss/firmware/ath10k-firmware/tree/ath10k/QCA9984/hw1.0

if lede has something newer then i wonder what hat it was pulled out of. for me ac 7260 nic kills the 5ghz & only 5ghz radio when its pushing anything over like 2mbps.. only the ac 7260 does that to it, but also, on stock fw it DOESNT happen..which to blame.. im thinking about taking out the bcm4352 from my nearly useless dir-860L a1 & sticking it in the laptop instead

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r46681 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r46350 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r46329 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
RandomJerk
DD-WRT User


Joined: 08 Jun 2016
Posts: 88

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 20:13    Post subject: Re: Firmware version of the latest build? Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
RandomJerk wrote:
Can anyone please let me know the firmware version of the latest Kong build?

I used multiple Kong builds with the firmware ver 10.4-3.4-00082 api 5, and it had some bugs which caused my 5 Ghz radio to crash. Want to make sure if there is a new firmware version now, that could have hopefully fixed the issue. I have switched to LEDE meanwhile.


cause thats all qca has given,

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/tree/master/QCA9984/hw1.0

https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/qsdk/oss/firmware/ath10k-firmware/tree/ath10k/QCA9984/hw1.0

if lede has something newer then i wonder what hat it was pulled out of. for me ac 7260 nic kills the 5ghz & only 5ghz radio when its pushing anything over like 2mbps.. only the ac 7260 does that to it, but also, on stock fw it DOESNT happen..which to blame.. im thinking about taking out the bcm4352 from my nearly useless dir-860L a1 & sticking it in the laptop instead


I'm using a build of LEDE which has older firmware 10.4-3.4-00072. Not sure if there is a Kong build using older firmware, specially 10.4-3.4-00072.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7467
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 20:53    Post subject: Re: Firmware version of the latest build? Reply with quote
RandomJerk wrote:
tatsuya46 wrote:
RandomJerk wrote:
Can anyone please let me know the firmware version of the latest Kong build?

I used multiple Kong builds with the firmware ver 10.4-3.4-00082 api 5, and it had some bugs which caused my 5 Ghz radio to crash. Want to make sure if there is a new firmware version now, that could have hopefully fixed the issue. I have switched to LEDE meanwhile.


cause thats all qca has given,

https://github.com/kvalo/ath10k-firmware/tree/master/QCA9984/hw1.0

https://source.codeaurora.org/quic/qsdk/oss/firmware/ath10k-firmware/tree/ath10k/QCA9984/hw1.0

if lede has something newer then i wonder what hat it was pulled out of. for me ac 7260 nic kills the 5ghz & only 5ghz radio when its pushing anything over like 2mbps.. only the ac 7260 does that to it, but also, on stock fw it DOESNT happen..which to blame.. im thinking about taking out the bcm4352 from my nearly useless dir-860L a1 & sticking it in the laptop instead


I'm using a build of LEDE which has older firmware 10.4-3.4-00072. Not sure if there is a Kong build using older firmware, specially 10.4-3.4-00072.


it can be the ath10k driver as well, since ours hasnt been updated in ages who knows why, dont know when lede's was last updated but i also dont know the command to show ath10k driver version assuming there is one

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r46681 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r46350 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r46329 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
RoidDroidVoid
DD-WRT Novice


Joined: 09 Oct 2015
Posts: 30

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:43    Post subject: Reply with quote
Not sure anyone cares but the 8/8 build resolved the dnsmasq issues I was experiencing.

I still have no idea what may have changed but for whatever reason, it's fixed.

I no longer improperly get IPv6 addresses from DNS queries and DNS is fully functional.

Another thing worth noting is that I still had issues with jffs not mounting but after a couple of attempts to get it to mount through the gui it worked but only after wiping it and turning it on and off at least 3 times.

Everything that I make use of seems to be functioning properly for now.

I feel as if the logic that is currently used to determine what services should be restarted or if the router should get rebooted after applying certain changes may be flawed since many changes will cause a reboot but many others that should won't. In the same way, perhaps some things that force a reboot may not actually require a reboot. I say this because the router bugs out on certain changes until it is fully rebooted but the reboot is not forced nor suggested by the gui or cli.
I'm sure this would be a relatively low priority issue to consider and others may have had differing experiences but I thought it may be worth mentioning.
tatsuya46
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 03 Jan 2010
Posts: 7467
Location: YWG, Canada

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 21:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
tatsuya46 wrote:
i see dnsmasq.conf has

bogus-priv
conf-file=/etc/rfc6761.conf

entries in them now, how can i remove them both or 1 or the other? want to test something

(recent builds when a router is behind another router in double nat, the main host router dns name is never resolved anymore, no rebind is off, no change to dnsmasq settings, flushed dns cache etc)


bump

_________________
LATEST FIRMWARE(S)

BrainSlayer wrote:
we just do it since we do not like any restrictions enforced by stupid cocaine snorting managers

[x86_64] Haswell i3-4150/QCA9984/QCA9882 ------> r46681 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
[QUALCOMM] DIR-862L --------------------------------> r46671 std
▲ ACTIVE / INACTIVE ▼
[QUALCOMM] WNDR4300 v1 --------------------------> r46350 std
[BROADCOM] DIR-860L A1 ----------------------------> r46329 std


If you use DSLReports please enable hi-res bufferbloat.


Sigh.. why do i exist anyway..
jean019
DD-WRT User


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 113

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 13:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
a question about Kong/BS build :

Is there any issue updating to BS build using Kong build web interface ? (I wonder)
In that case, is it necessary to reset to default settings when upgrading ?
thanks


Last edited by jean019 on Fri Aug 11, 2017 14:39; edited 2 times in total
Xeon2k8
DD-WRT Guru


Joined: 11 Feb 2016
Posts: 1285

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 13:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
jean019 wrote:
a question about Kong/BS build :

Is there any issue updating to BS build using Kong build web interface ? (I wonder)
In that case, is it necessary to reset to default settings when upgrading ?
thanks

No there isnt.

_________________
R6400v2 (boardID:30) - Kong 36480 running since 03/09/18 - (AP - DNSMasq - AdBlocking - QoS)
R7800 - BS 31924 running since 05/26/17 - (AP - OpenVPN Client - DNSMasq - AdBlocking - QoS)
R7000 - BS 30771 running since 12/16/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - OpenVPN Server - Transmission - DDNS - DNSMasq - AdBlocking - QoS)
R6250 - BS 29193 running since 03/20/16 - (AP - NAS - FTP - SMB - DNSMasq - AdBlocking)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 35, 36, 37  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 17 of 37
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot attach files in this forum
You cannot download files in this forum