Nighthawk X10 (R9000)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45, 46, 47  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 9:31    Post subject: Reply with quote
then fix your config. vpn is known to be working with this build. but i dont know which vpn services you refer to. openvpn? mmh i dont know.
consider that openvpn has some small config syntax changes in newer versions which may be the root cause of your problem. but i can't tell you much without knowing your config. so please post your config (without any keys etc.) and i may be able to help you

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:58    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
then fix your config. vpn is known to be working with this build. but i dont know which vpn services you refer to. openvpn? mmh i dont know.
consider that openvpn has some small config syntax changes in newer versions which may be the root cause of your problem. but i can't tell you much without knowing your config. so please post your config (without any keys etc.) and i may be able to help you

Yeah it's OpenVPN I'll post my configs once I get a chance too.
DeXB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Today after 7 days up on Kong v3.0-r32170M kongal (06/02/17), my router stopped working, all my computers lost their DHCP assignment and were unable to re-cover them, my hard wired pc was getting self-assigned ip of 169.xxx.xxx.xxx (instead of the usual 192.168.1.xxx). Hard wired connection to the router didn't work either. I had to manually reboot the router...
DeXB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
pre release for testing. i changed alot within the embedded webserver. i hope there are no crashbugs within it. but overall it should be faster than ever before

How do you flash it from DD-WRT Kong? .bin upload only?
Johnnyde94
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:16    Post subject: Reply with quote
DeXB wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:
pre release for testing. i changed alot within the embedded webserver. i hope there are no crashbugs within it. but overall it should be faster than ever before

How do you flash it from DD-WRT Kong? .bin upload only?

I flashed the file you posted earlier.
yodog
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:24    Post subject: Reply with quote
I just flashed to the 6/9/2017 version Brainslayer just posted on the last page on my R9000, and it works great. Feels faster than the 6/3/2017 Kong version I was just on.
DeXB
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:38    Post subject: Reply with quote
yodog wrote:
I just flashed to the 6/9/2017 version Brainslayer just posted on the last page on my R9000, and it works great. Feels faster than the 6/3/2017 Kong version I was just on.

Is BS using the same improvements like Kong, e.g. crypto dev?

Is Kong making his builds based on latest BS builds?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
ahm i introduced the cryptodev support, not kong.
for all kernel based crypto its always enabled.
but userspace openvpn you can set "nvram set use_crypto=1;nvram commit" then openvpn will use hw crypto, but since the crypto driver is only working in kernel space it may also decrease the performance due the kernel/userspace memory transfer and context switch overhead

and yes, kong uses the same sources but may have done local modifications. but he contributes back them.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 18:57    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
but userspace openvpn you can set "nvram set use_crypto=1;nvram commit" then openvpn will use hw crypto, but since the crypto driver is only working in kernel space it may also decrease the performance due the kernel/userspace memory transfer and context switch overhead

and yes, kong uses the same sources but may have done local modifications. but he contributes back them.

So would you recommend using crypto or not? Im trying to use vpn using Kongs mod to see if the firmware had something to do with vpn not working on my device.
<Kong>
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 19:10    Post subject: Reply with quote
Johnnyde94 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

So would you recommend using crypto or not? Im trying to use vpn using Kongs mod to see if the firmware had something to do with vpn not working on my device.

I know one setting that will cause issues with some vpn providers, will probably add an experimental fix soon.

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 2:07    Post subject: Reply with quote
<Kong> wrote:
Johnnyde94 wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

I know one setting that will cause issues with some vpn providers, will probably add an experimental fix soon.

How would I edit the calibration data or Overclock this router I'm really curious lol. Also is there a way to get Tx above 30?
Johnnyde94
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:27    Post subject: Reply with quote
Using the default configs for nordvpn or purevpn (both applet and udp config) do not work on ether firmware oddly.
coiae
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 0:39    Post subject: Re: vlan on r9000 Reply with quote
navigates wrote:
I tried setting up vlan on the UI for port 20 as well and it didn't work. Has any one been successful with vlan tagging with dd-wrt on the r9000 / x10?

I respond this post because I'm desperate (like others users of R9000 with DD-WRT).
From my point of view one of the basic features of DD-WRT not working me. This feature is VLAN assignment for WAN Interface. My ISP (Movistar) use pppoe and vlan tag, like most FTTH/FTTP ISP in the world.
The parameters just for Internet connection are easy:

User:adslppp@telefonicanetpa
Pass:adslppp
And tag number 6 priority 1

Like comment for the other users (http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=305025 pages 24-25), If you check the GUI the VLAN 2 is the WAN Interface, but on the shell the information are diferent (Show VLAN1)
I change a few times the firmware, from standard to Kong and vice versa and I using now the last KONG Version (v3.0 r-32170M kongal) but still diferences over the GUI and the Shell

I check the port assignment on shell with:

root@R9000:~# nvram show | grep vlan.*ports
vlan1ports=0 5
vlan0ports=1 2 3 4 5*

root@R9000:~# nvram show | grep port.*vlans
port5vlans=0 1 16
port4vlans=0
port3vlans=0
port2vlans=0
port1vlans=0
port0vlans=1

So I configure with the GUI the PPPoE user and tag 6 over VLAN 2 (See the picture on the attachement)

After this I use this configuration (I apply differents configuration this is last one)
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 2 set vid 6
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 2 set ports '0 5t'
swconfig dev switch0 vlan 1 set ports '0t 1 2 4t 6t'
swconfig dev switch0 set apply
vconfig add eth0 6
ifconfig vlan6 up
brctl addif br1 vlan6

And nothing, after spent two weeks with many changes, I'll return to stock firmware . (Unfortunately many user of this post return to stock, because DD-WRT not working correctly.....)
Malachi
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:34    Post subject: Reply with quote
Please make your pictures smaller.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2017 22:37    Post subject: Maybe this is a DDWRT bug? Reply with quote
My ISP switched to native IPV6 recently so it works great now on my stock firmware.

Anyways, I bypass my ATT gateway device by using a VLAN switch. Once my ATT RG is authorized, I switch the VLAN to my router which has the MAC address of the ATT RG cloned. My R9000's WAN is in DHCP so it automatically gets the IP address and works great. No more ATT weird firewall issues (even in DMZ+/passthrough) and my ping time has dropped to 0.

Figured I'd try DDWRT again so I loaded up BrainSlayers newest build, copied my MAC address of the RG, and then tried to do the same thing and get it to grab the IP via DHCP.

It doesn't work. For some reason, on DDWRT, when I repeat the same process, it can't grab an IP on the WAN port. I have the MAC copied and everything. It just doesn't work. Anyways, I'm back on the latest stock firmware....by the way, is it possible to update the DDWRT-to-stock firmware to the most recent Netgear firmware?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 45, 46, 47  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 27 of 47
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Atheros WiSOC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: