WRT-54G V2 issue: blinking power light

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware
HackMaster
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:59    Post subject: WRT-54G V2 issue: blinking power light Reply with quote
I own and use a WRT-54G Ver.2. I installed DD-WRT.v23SP1_Mini using the web interface, then upgraded to the DD-WRT.v23SP1_standard. played around with it, then left for work. got back 6 hours later and it still worked, but it had some issues. all pages, including the web admin interface were very slow. I researched, and figured it out to be the fault of my bittorrent server. by this point i had configured it to my wishes, incuding many port fowarding settings. to solve the slow router issue, i used the information from the wiki entry Router_Slowdown http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Router_Slowdown
I completed solution numbers one and three, which include tweaking the IP filter settings and changing the clock speed to 216. I hit submit to commit the settings and went to get a drink. when i returned, the routers power light was blinking and the three active port lights were blinking randomly. after about 8 seconds, all 4 port lights flash, then darken, then flash twice. the pattern then repeats.

an HTTP connection and a ping to the routers ip (192.168.1.1) results in a refused connection on both my DHCP and static IP computers.

any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please note i have done a search, but i came up with no useful information.

Thanks!

UPDATE: ping works when only the single port light for the one port i have connected is on. If all the port lights are flashing, ping fails. (all port lights include the 4 lan ports and the 1 wan port). Telnet from my windows machine fails 100% of the time (so far)
Sponsor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Broadcom SoC based Hardware All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: