WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 7:15    Post subject: Re: client bridge mode Reply with quote
franksddwrt wrote:
I purchased a pair of 3200s a month ago to replace a pair of wrt54g I am using as a wireless bridge. The 'official' dd-wrt firmware did function in bridge mode, but suffered from the long list of serious issues in this thread, with the lockups after only a few hours or minutes being the showstopper for me. I've been trying BS's builds, which by now seem to have solved all the serious issues for me on the access point side (range, SSID disappearing, clients connecting put not able to pass traffic, bandwidth decreasing over time), but I haven't been able to get one working in bridge mode in weeks. I know BS is still working hard on various issues (and I deeply appreciate the efforts of him and other contributors), so I'm just patiently waiting for bridge mode to make it to the top of the list, as I doubt there are a lot of people using it in that mode.

as mentioned earlier already. the current marvell driver still does not work in client mode, wds or whatever you may like. that sucks yes. they wrote that they are working on in, but nobody knows when its done. the older driver which we used up to march does support client mode and wds sta (do never use client bridge if you can use wds ap and wds sta, its simply faster and is a real bridge unlike client bridge)
the problem is just the older driver sucks at all and is totally unstable on the wrt3200acm

DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 12:36    Post subject: Re: client bridge mode Reply with quote
Do you know if WRT3200ACM has hardware NAT implemented ? If so, is there any way to benefit from it ?
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 13:02    Post subject: Reply with quote
hw nat isnt implemented. i also dont know if its available. but hw nat will also prevent filtering and custom qos. but however the cpu is that fucking fast that you dont need to take care about it. you can do nat with full gbit speed

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 13:03    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
hw nat isnt implemented. i also dont know if its available. but hw nat will also prevent filtering and custom qos. but however the cpu is that fucking fast that you dont need to take care about it. you can do nat with full gbit speed

Got it, well then yes, not really needed.
emorlet1803
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 14:04    Post subject: Client mode is working Reply with quote
For me, client mode is working starting from this version.
mikesal57
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 14:19    Post subject: Re: Client mode is working Reply with quote
emorlet1803 wrote:

exactly what setting did you change...cant get it to work

thxs
aairon
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 16:08    Post subject: Re: Client mode is working Reply with quote
emorlet1803 wrote:

So you're essentially saying this isn't true?
Quote:
as mentioned earlier already. the current marvell driver still does not work in client mode, wds or whatever you may like. that sucks yes. they wrote that they are working on in, but nobody knows when its done. the older driver which we used up to march does support client mode and wds sta (do never use client bridge if you can use wds ap and wds sta, its simply faster and is a real bridge unlike client bridge)
the problem is just the older driver sucks at all and is totally unstable on the wrt3200acm
I Really doubt you have Client Mode working or else you discovered something BS didn't know? not very likely.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 16:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
indeed. if its now working its a hidden update in the new marvell driver

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 16:30    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:

I didn't know that was possible. Very Happy
Dunkelstar
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 16:41    Post subject: Reply with quote
Installed r32149 yesterday.

Still having guest ath1.1 connection issues on the 2.4 band. Some devieces connect to ath1.1 fine, others do not. Devices can connect on ath1 while ath1.1 is up, so that's good. The guest settings on ath1.1 are mirrored from my WRT1900ACS, so they should be correct.

I'll play with it tomorrow and see what I can do.
Dexterity06
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 18:15    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dunkelstar wrote:

Still having guest ath1.1 connection issues on the 2.4 band. Some devieces connect to ath1.1 fine, others do not. Devices can connect on ath1 while ath1.1 is up, so that's good. The guest settings on ath1.1 are mirrored from my WRT1900ACS, so they should be correct.

I was having problems getting devices to connect to my 2.4 after four other devices connected to my ath1.1 (have some smart home devices connecting to guest on a regular basis but still need the 2.4 range at home for my network devices). Like for you, the update fixed this problem. I did have to put my 2.4 settings to BG Mixed and Full 20 MHz and select a channel to get everything connecting consistently, however. It's no serious loss to me because I connect to 5 GHz of most of my networking. I hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 18:20    Post subject: Client mode Reply with quote
I was able to make it work over the ath2 port. Ath1 did connect to the guest gateway but didn't transfer any data.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
aairon wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

I didn't know that was possible. Very Happy

sure its possible. the new driver has some driver enhancements which covers the multiple ssid issue, but there was also a new firmware introduced. nobody knows whats changed inside

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 7:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
Dexterity06 wrote:
Dunkelstar wrote:

I was having problems getting devices to connect to my 2.4 after four other devices connected to my ath1.1 (have some smart home devices connecting to guest on a regular basis but still need the 2.4 range at home for my network devices). Like for you, the update fixed this problem. I did have to put my 2.4 settings to BG Mixed and Full 20 MHz and select a channel to get everything connecting consistently, however. It's no serious loss to me because I connect to 5 GHz of most of my networking. I hope this helps.

i hope wmm was enabled on 2.4. normally there shouldnt be a issue with 2.4. both chipsets are using the same driver and firmware

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 12:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
Got Client Bridge to work...

Main Router FIOS "N" with only 2.4

5G connects with ISP full download speeds but uploads only half

2.4g connects with full download and upload speeds

ATH2 is not used...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 75 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: