WRT3200ACM??

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
ad19
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:28    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
i changed it now to 1440 = 24 hours

That was quick Smile
Thanks once again!
Sponsor
adi-brasov
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:29    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
adi-brasov wrote:
flashed successfuly 32149 on wrt3200acm.
for this i used "mtd -f /tmp/factory-to-ddwrt.bin mtd5" (so before update partition 2 was used).
after reboot i am on part 1 and i noticed that the setings remains and i checked mtd partitions and i see that nvram partition is still on 0x00000a900000-0x00000a940000, overlapping mtd7 (part 2).
is this the desired behavior ? i think that after an upgrade nvram should overlap the active linux partition.

if you flash in a unusual way without changing the boot partition settings it will always boot from the same partition again. so you are responsible here what you're doing. the correct flashing method is using webflash or the "write" command. using the mtd command is custom and does not take care about any bootpartition settings. the nvram is not responsible for the bootpartition setting. just as a note. it just shows the state.

use ubootenv set boot_part 1 or 2 for selecting the bootpartition

ok.so just made a test using webflash from firmware upgrade web ui.
before upgrade i was running on part 2.
after webupgrade and reboot i am runing on part 1.
but dmesg still shows nvram partition occupying 0x00000a900000-0x00000a940000 which overlaps part 2.
what happens if i will install a future firmware that will occupy all 80mb on part 2 (probably never) and i will switch between the two firmwares, since dd-wrt keeps using nvram on the other firware partition ?
as much i understand is to use only part 2 for dd-wrt firmware.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote
it will never be that big. thats the answer. surelly i should correct it in next version. but filesystem is only the "ubi" partition which is correct. the linksys firmware does not even support flashing such sizes. 40 mb is max

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote
BrainSlayer wrote:
it will never be that big. thats the answer. surelly i should correct it in next version. but filesystem is only the "ubi" partition which is correct. the linksys firmware does not even support flashing such sizes. 40 mb is max

may some craizy people from Linksys will make such a big firmware Smile , or maybe other open source may want to keep some data at the end of their partitions.
adi-brasov
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 16:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
talking about Linksys ... seems that they made WRT32X with the same hardware as wrt3200acm.
does anyone came in posession of WRT32X firmware ? it is not available for download on support site.
myersw
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 16:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
adi-brasov wrote:
talking about Linksys ... seems that they made WRT32X with the same hardware as wrt3200acm.
does anyone came in posession of WRT32X firmware ? it is not available for download on support site.

On US Linksys site the wrt3200x is not available to purchase. Have a email me when available. So doubt there is firmware available.

ISP:Comcast
tutorial for flashing "WRT" series:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=287813
DD-WRT Installation, Upgrade & Basic Setup–Cliff Notes:
http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=311117
Kong DD-WRT Config Tutorial:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Install-and-Configure-a-DD-WRT-Kong-Router/
I tried to be normal once. Worst 2 minutes ever.
adi-brasov
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 16:44    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
adi-brasov wrote:

On US Linksys site the wrt3200x is not available to purchase. Have a email me when available. So doubt there is firmware available.

yeaa..anyway i am not willing to put Linksys fw on my router.Only if somehow i'll be forced to sell it to some casnic user.
BrainSlayer
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 17:25    Post subject: Reply with quote
myersw wrote:
adi-brasov wrote:

no reason for. its 1:1 identical. only firmware is different and the price is much higher

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote
adi-brasov wrote:
BrainSlayer wrote:

may some craizy people from Linksys will make such a big firmware Smile , or maybe other open source may want to keep some data at the end of their partitions.

impossible. the linksys fw itself does not allow to flash such big firmwares. so they can't release such things

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 21:55    Post subject: Reply with quote
has anyone been able to get the wrt3200 to function as a wireless client yet? I tried again with today's r32149 build and still haven't been able to get it to work. I'm attempting to connect to my EA8500. I tired both the 2.4 & 5ghz bands and no go.

I could see the 3200 listed under Wireless Nodes on the EA8500. The TX Rate is @ 1M and the RX Rate is @ 216M so not sure what's going on there. Just to be sure I was doing correctly I setup my RT-AC68U as a wireless client and that connected to my primary router immediately
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 22:23    Post subject: Reply with quote
Gentlemen,
Looks like you are very exited about new r32149 performance but i see just a problems right now.
It works great after fresh flash but performance going down in several hours. The 2.4 decreasing speed from 80 mbs to 8mbs and 5 GHz AC decreasing speed from 400 to 200. The  big files are stop downloading. At the same time WRT1900acs works incredible well in the same environment.
Whats your experience?
franksddwrt
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 22:33    Post subject: client bridge mode Reply with quote
I purchased a pair of 3200s a month ago to replace a pair of wrt54g I am using as a wireless bridge. The 'official' dd-wrt firmware did function in bridge mode, but suffered from the long list of serious issues in this thread, with the lockups after only a few hours or minutes being the showstopper for me. I've been trying BS's builds, which by now seem to have solved all the serious issues for me on the access point side (range, SSID disappearing, clients connecting put not able to pass traffic, bandwidth decreasing over time), but I haven't been able to get one working in bridge mode in weeks. I know BS is still working hard on various issues (and I deeply appreciate the efforts of him and other contributors), so I'm just patiently waiting for bridge mode to make it to the top of the list, as I doubt there are a lot of people using it in that mode.
LookingForMyMojo
DD-WRT Guru

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 22:33    Post subject: Reply with quote
Up 10 hours. So far, all good.

https://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=312142&highlight=ac86u
vit5421
DD-WRT User

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:05    Post subject: Reply with quote
I did try already 2 different wrt3200`s in a simple configuration and got the same strange results. When i am close to the router it works very good and super fast on wifi but when i only 50 ft away or on the 2nd floor the speed is going down dramatically even on 2.4 GHz from 60-80mbs to 5-8 mbs.  My family is hate me right now but I dont understand if it is still a driver issues or hardware defects.

I put back 2 wrt1900acs in the same network and it works as before just a little bit speed drop down and family is happy again. Lol
dciphered
DD-WRT Novice

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 3:06    Post subject: Reply with quote
flipy wrote:
dciphered wrote:
Hi guys,

Firstly, BS amazing work on the recent developments with 3200acm FW updates, WiFi performance has never been better and UX is a treat for the slightly more advanced users so again Thank You.

Just a note on b32104 - since the update I've noticed that iptables has stopped logging even with high verbosity and all packet handling log options set to enabled via the WebUI.

Syslogd only displays system related events but nothing from the fw. Hope you're aware of it and manage to resolve it in a future update.

If you enable klogd, you'll see SPI logs

Thanks flipy.

Note that when klogd was enabled it immediately crashed the router. Hard reset was required plus reload of config to bring it back to a working state. FYI I noticed similar behaviour in a previous release before the klogd option was available in the WebUI where enabling syslogd with remote offload to a log correlation server (siem) caused a crash. This was resolved in b32104 for syslogd but now it's happening with klogd.

Possible to reproduce the error by enabling syslogd and klogd via the UI and configure a remote server with port suffix (e.g. 192.168.1.100:514).

Not sure if I've missed something.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 73, 74, 75 ... 197, 198, 199  Next Display posts from previous:    Page 74 of 199
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    DD-WRT Forum Index -> Marvell MVEBU based Hardware (WRT1900AC etc.) All times are GMT

Navigation

Jump to: